EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Teams getting back into games that they have no business being in...

heorgyggg5qh.png
oo14prgfbiac.png
e82j4k9s37ed.png

I'm noticing this far too often in this game. These are scoresheets from three of just 14 games that I have simulated AI vs AI in a season that I keep track of.

If you go down per se 7-1 in the 3rd, you shouldn't be getting back in the game.

Am I being too critical here?

Replies

• It depends on the information that ea gives us. They say there is no momentum so then I would say you are not being too critical. If ea admitted they use a momentum mechanic then I for sure can see big swings in games like real life, I want to say way less in real life but that might be a sample size type thing where the % is about the same
  • You’re not too critical. While it seems to happen more in this game, these things do happen IRL.

Take the NYR/MTL game the other day. The Rangers were down 4-0, halfway through the game, in Montreal, and pulled out a 6-5 victory.

So as I said, it does happen in IRL, just not as frequently as it does in this game.
  • VeNOM2099
    3042 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Efbomb wrote: »
    You’re not too critical. While it seems to happen more in this game, these things do happen IRL.

Take the NYR/MTL game the other day. The Rangers were down 4-0, halfway through the game, in Montreal, and pulled out a 6-5 victory.

So as I said, it does happen in IRL, just not as frequently as it does in this game.

Yes, but that happened ONCE this entire season (so far). How many times, by comparison, do you see that in EA's game? At least once every other game. And to be fair, Montreal went up 4-0 on the Rags, but it was almost too easy and they weren't playing that great. Eventually it came back and bit them in the hind quarters as NYR kept playing hard and waiting for their chances to convert. Proving that you need to play 60 minutes in a hockey game. Not the first 10-15 minutes and then coast the rest of the way hoping it's enough that you're ahead by 4 goals.

EA's NHL is the exact opposite of this; you can play really hard for 5 minutes at the end of the game and score a bunch of goals out of nothing. And if you don't win, well at least you make it close when it really shouldn't be.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Efbomb wrote: »
    You’re not too critical. While it seems to happen more in this game, these things do happen IRL.

Yes, but that happened ONCE this entire season (so far). How many times, by comparison, do you see that in EA's game? At least once every other game. And to be fair, Montreal went up 4-0 on the Rags, but it was almost too easy and they weren't playing that great. Eventually it came back and bit them in the hind quarters as NYR kept playing hard and waiting for their chances to convert. Proving that you need to play 60 minutes in a hockey game. Not the first 10-15 minutes and then coast the rest of the way hoping it's enough that you're ahead by 4 goals.

EA's NHL is the exact opposite of this; you can play really hard for 5 minutes at the end of the game and score a bunch of goals out of nothing. And if you don't win, well at least you make it close when it really shouldn't be.

As a fellow Rangers fan... :)))
  • Happened again recently in real life.
  • Guessing ur not a canuck fan, OP...