EA Forums - Banner

D to D One timers

Guys,
I wonder if some of you found how to be more successful at this. I was ok for a while, now it's just not working anymore.
I can get a goal once in a while but one goal each 20 games is ridiculous, it misses the net 90% of the time even with players with good slap shot accuracy.

My Ds are reversed, I aim for the opposite side, maybe I should aim low/high, low corner, high corner...

Any advice, tips, pointers to be more successful?

Replies

• Not a strong suggestion, but my perception is that I think the game engine only favours point shots on the power play and also when teams are very deep back in their end (all five defending from goal line to slot). Perhaps also an offensive defenseman will " trigger" a point shot goal more frequently too.

So maybe use offensive defensemen and only try on these occasions? At best this may increase your goals, at worse I think it'd limit a lot of futile attempts.

Not a guru in this area by any means but that's my thoughts and something you could explore and see.

Just beware having too many ofd they get caught up ice a lot but thankfully they get back quicker too.

• In my opinion it seems they Nerfed the DD
  • Yes, they nerfed it a little bit, but it still works. When you do One Timers, you loose a lot of accuracy even close to the net this year. The farther the worst your accuracy gets. If you have time and want to aim for the top corners, you should wait a little until your player stops the puck and then shoot, you will have way more accuracy. If you don’t have time (player rushing to you) and need to do a real one-timer, aim lower (like left right mid net or completely down at the lower corner. It is what’s the best. It doesn’t mean that you can’t have a goal aiming high of DD one timer, just less chances.
  • Yes, they nerfed it a little bit, but it still works. When you do One Timers, you loose a lot of accuracy even close to the net this year. The farther the worst your accuracy gets. If you have time and want to aim for the top corners, you should wait a little until your player stops the puck and then shoot, you will have way more accuracy. If you don’t have time (player rushing to you) and need to do a real one-timer, aim lower (like left right mid net or completely down at the lower corner. It is what’s the best. It doesn’t mean that you can’t have a goal aiming high of DD one timer, just less chances.

I tend to aim low for the pads to jump on a rebound, but that doesn't solve the op problem of how to actually score on the one timer.
  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    Yes, they nerfed it a little bit, but it still works. When you do One Timers, you loose a lot of accuracy even close to the net this year. The farther the worst your accuracy gets. If you have time and want to aim for the top corners, you should wait a little until your player stops the puck and then shoot, you will have way more accuracy. If you don’t have time (player rushing to you) and need to do a real one-timer, aim lower (like left right mid net or completely down at the lower corner. It is what’s the best. It doesn’t mean that you can’t have a goal aiming high of DD one timer, just less chances.

I tend to aim low for the pads to jump on a rebound, but that doesn't solve the op problem of how to actually score on the one timer.

I don’t think it is over or under powered this year. You seem to prefer the way it was before (which was overpowering it in my opinion), that’s fine. I believe that they achieved a pretty realistic balance on the One Timers (even cross crease). They shouldn’t go in that often and most of the time D-Man are not sniping the puck, they aim toward a certain area of the net and wish for the best. Anyway, that’s just how I see it.

The only tips I can give you to help having as much success as you can is to to aim the puck from the middle of the net —-> Down while doing one timer D to D. Or wait until the puck is received by the Dman before shoot to have more accuracy. You can try to aim High and it might work from time to time, but it is not the most successful thing to do. This is how the game works as of now, what can we do about it. (You can modify the sliders if your not playing the competitive modes, but not HUT, EASHL or CHEL)