EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Game is dead online

Prev1
What is going on

Replies

• Marc110_98
    439 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    In a dead game stop backing out

Just accept what ever number there is. The game is so dead you be luck to 4 players
  • Marc110_98
    439 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    customization error really.

Stop with chel and give us back the eanhl 6s

[Socair - edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • What are you talking about? EASHL? If you are, I have no clue what you are talking about because I get full 6's every single night. Once every 6 or 7 games might have to exit a lobby and jump into another one because there is missing 2-3 players for 6vs6.

East Coast on the PS4.
  • VeNOM2099
    2825 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    What are you talking about? EASHL? If you are, I have no clue what you are talking about because I get full 6's every single night. Once every 6 or 7 games might have to exit a lobby and jump into another one because there is missing 2-3 players for 6vs6.

East Coast on the PS4.

I think something's up because last night I couldn't even find anyone playing past midnight. I got a few games of VS in (before my sanity crumbled) and then I tried to get in at least one drop in game. 6s was dead as a doornail and 3s were just as dead.

If people truly are abandoning this game now... Welp, can't say I would be surprised. I mean, it's in such a good place gameplay wise, right? Top players are just LOVIN this game... Oh wait, Canada's top player just smashed 2 of his Xbox controllers in rage on his stream!

nvm...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? EASHL? If you are, I have no clue what you are talking about because I get full 6's every single night. Once every 6 or 7 games might have to exit a lobby and jump into another one because there is missing 2-3 players for 6vs6.

East Coast on the PS4.

I think something's up because last night I couldn't even find anyone playing past midnight. I got a few games of VS in (before my sanity crumbled) and then I tried to get in at least one drop in game. 6s was dead as a doornail and 3s were just as dead.

If people truly are abandoning this game now... Welp, can't say I would be surprised. I mean, it's in such a good place gameplay wise, right? Top players are just LOVIN this game... Oh wait, Canada's top player just smashed 2 of his Xbox controllers in rage on his stream!

nvm...

Yes I would say something is up. I would call it Sunday :wink:
  • Im talking about Europe not east coast.

Vs population low
    Ones low
    Therees low
    Drop in low
    3v3 low

6v6 low

Drop is is the same players over and over.

NHL 19 had low everything also.

Nhl 18.had high almost everything

Not playing hut fut or mut ever
  • VeNOM2099
    2825 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

East Coast on the PS4.

nvm...

Sunday is when LG week starts. There would usually be a ton of players online, especially once they were done playing their week's games. I don't remember past years being THIS dead on a Sunday...
    Marc110_98 wrote: »
    Im talking about Europe not east coast.

Vs population low
    Ones low
    Therees low
    Drop in low
    3v3 low

6v6 low

I'm in the East and that's what I see as well. The only time I saw anything different is ONES Eliminator where it said "Normal" for the 1st round game. Every other time it's said LOW population for every mode.

I just checked it off to it being a glitch in the EA servers that was reporting LOW no matter what?
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

East Coast on the PS4.

nvm...

Sunday is when LG week starts. There would usually be a ton of players online, especially once they were done playing their week's games. I don't remember past years being THIS dead on a Sunday...
    Marc110_98 wrote: »
    Im talking about Europe not east coast.

Vs population low
    Ones low
    Therees low
    Drop in low
    3v3 low

6v6 low

I'm in the East and that's what I see as well. The only time I saw anything different is ONES Eliminator where it said "Normal" for the 1st round game. Every other time it's said LOW population for every mode.

I just checked it off to it being a glitch in the EA servers that was reporting LOW no matter what?

Well then it seems alot of LG players turn off the game after playing thier season games.

• Well then it seems alot of LG players turn off the game after playing thier season games.

Can't imagine why... game's in such a good place gameplay wise!
  • kitchener_boy
    353 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Not even Create a play could fix this mess,goalies are terrible and that is why we don't need create a play. The year of the one T..the year of this,the year of that! how about the year of the goaltender?.
    They need to really fix that D man activation problem though.
  • WainGretSki
    3451 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    One-timers should almost always be money (within context of course).

It isn't up to goalies to consistently bail out horrible D on one-timers. Too many years I have seen the game balanced by constantly tweaking goalies. Too strong one year, to weak another, bla bla...
  • One-timers should almost always be money (within context of course).

It isn't up to goalies to consistently bail out horrible D on one-timers. Too many years I have seen the game balanced by constantly tweaking goalies. Too strong one year, to weak another, bla bla...

I don't mind if one timers are more consistent as long as they're properly set up. But even in the NHL players will whiff or outright miss the net even on a perfectly set up one-timer attempt.

My biggest issue with one-timers in NHL 20 is that they're too accurate for their speed. Especially for how easy it is to get a one-timer off. There should be more skill and timing to successfully doing a one-timer.

Otherwise, as @kitchener_boy said, goalies would need to have their effective save range boosted back to what it was in NHL 16 if you're going to keep the same one-t mechanics. Again, No goalie would ever go into a blocking save, tucking his limbs next to his body when the ENTIRE NET IS OPEN ON ONE SIDE! Goalie would alway prefer a limb save, even if he can't reach or doesn't get all of the puck.

#FixTheGoaliesEA

East Coast on the PS4.

nvm...

4 years ago on ps3 NHL 15 , even with ps4 out, at this time of year you would have had 1000s of people playing drop ins and almost as many playing club. As fast as you could search you found games usually until at least 3am ET. Now the game is dead sometimes by midnight.

unfortunately the current version of drop in hockey is the worst video gaming experience known to man kind and this dev team just keeps making it worse and worse. And I'm not even talking about gameplay. Everything they did wrong last year, this year they left it or even made it worse.

As much as some people complain about the gameplay that is the only thing about this game that is even decent. Almost every other aspect of this game is a failure. Whats sad is these are mostly easy fixes and all they need to do is listen to their community and they could have HUGE wins. I can't say they don't care and I find it hard to believe they are incompetent ... maybe they are stubborn? spiteful? Literally sitting there and doing the opposite of what everyone complains about?

while there were hiccups along the way, this game has followed a bell curve in the satisfaction dept. peaking somewhere in the nhl 13-15 (last gen) area and then a huge drop going to current gen that has flattened out in a state of almost apathy. I know I still play sometimes but only if there's something else going like watching nhl games while i play so I don't get quite so annoyed at the awfulness. I ask myself so often why do i still play... i love hockey and this is the only game. And that is also likely the reason this game is in the state it is. I'm sure the team producing it is as apathetic as I am.

• Queuing up alone in xbox dropins if I want 6's I might be playing the lobby game for an hour. Central/east.
  • The reason its dead is most players feel the game is predetermined, user skill dont matter, and ice tilt is real. EA and the developers need to realize this fact regardless if ice tilt is real or not and address the "shared delution" the majority of players have
  • Treatmentworke66
    749 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    It seems that EA can careless about fixing this game it's December and we had on patch and the game is still garbage good job EA
    Post edited by Treatmentworke66 on
  • I dont think its as bad as people say, my biggest complaint is even when you make a good fundamental play its overpowered by AI assist, not user skills,

East Coast on the PS4.

nvm...

4 years ago on ps3 NHL 15 , even with ps4 out, at this time of year you would have had 1000s of people playing drop ins and almost as many playing club. As fast as you could search you found games usually until at least 3am ET. Now the game is dead sometimes by midnight.

unfortunately the current version of drop in hockey is the worst video gaming experience known to man kind and this dev team just keeps making it worse and worse. And I'm not even talking about gameplay. Everything they did wrong last year, this year they left it or even made it worse.

As much as some people complain about the gameplay that is the only thing about this game that is even decent. Almost every other aspect of this game is a failure. Whats sad is these are mostly easy fixes and all they need to do is listen to their community and they could have HUGE wins. I can't say they don't care and I find it hard to believe they are incompetent ... maybe they are stubborn? spiteful? Literally sitting there and doing the opposite of what everyone complains about?

while there were hiccups along the way, this game has followed a bell curve in the satisfaction dept. peaking somewhere in the nhl 13-15 (last gen) area and then a huge drop going to current gen that has flattened out in a state of almost apathy. I know I still play sometimes but only if there's something else going like watching nhl games while i play so I don't get quite so annoyed at the awfulness. I ask myself so often why do i still play... i love hockey and this is the only game. And that is also likely the reason this game is in the state it is. I'm sure the team producing it is as apathetic as I am.

Not only that, it's the way you connect with players. We're stuck with this matchmaker as the only means to connect to a game. It was way easier last gen to find games late at night with the lobby system. Hell, I STILL play OTP on NHL15 PS3 to this day. There's maybe 100 people online but you can always find games.
  • I basically have 3 main gripes with this game in its current state (I guess if I choose to play human goalie then I would have 4 main gripes considering how horrible it is to play that position):

Gameplay is stifled. There is simply no room out there to make and create plays. Fixing the overpowered pass interceptions should greatly alleviate this, imo. And I am saying this as a pretty much full time D man. Smart plays need to be rewarded. Bad positioning or scrambling everywhere needs to be punished. You shouldn't be picking off passes behind your back while hustling to get back into your zone and with such ease.

Matchmaking and having ways to meet like-minded players is severely lacking. There needs to be lobbies or ways for people to connect and build either relationships or connections. It's also a place just to hang out and let other players know if you are looking for a player or a position to fill in clubs. This game does nothing at all to build a community in any way. Probably another reason why it seems like the player base is dwindling.

There is simply no immersion in this game, regardless of which mode you play. For some reason, everything just feels neutral. I don't feel connected to my avatar in any way. If I play offline I don't feel like a superstar in an NHL arena, or feel the NHL arena atmosphere. I don't know how to explain it other than I just don't feel a connection to this game. It's basically hit the ice, do the job for the position I picked, repeat onto the next game. Probably directly linked to my above gripe. And no, no amount of dances, weird intros or parkas added to this game will make me feel connected to my avatar.... I simply play because I love hockey, and I love video games.
    If I do have a really good time playing the game, it is much more attributed to the party I am in at that time rather than playing the game itself. Joking around and having fun in the party chat is actually more fun than playing the game of hockey...at least, for me.

I would normally talk about trolls and how games get ruined, but for some reason it seems like the trolls got bored of this game because I see alot less of them this year than any other year. Still see superstar D men that think they are the next Ovechkin, but hey, dropins are dropins and you get what you get, just like a HUT pack :smile:
  • When I played this game during the beta it just felt slow and was a struggle to get through a game. This is the second NHL I've skipped as the game hasn't been fun since like NHL17... and even then drop-ins were already becoming not fun.
    Don't know what to attribute this to... but Versus feels like a game of luck most of the time. Even if you completely outplay your opponent they could win off a lucky '360 no-scope' shot from the sideboards that somehow trickles through your goalie's legs. You can't tell me that this doesn't happen.