EA Forums - Banner

Faceoffs

I’ve always won 60-65% of my faceoffs over the years including the start of this year. Now suddenly I’m getting destroyed like winning 5 out of 25. Any thoughts? Am I missing something obvious most people now know that I don’t? ANY thoughts?

Replies

• Is this in Challenges?

I do pretty good in Squads and even when I play online but always struggle when it's a challenge objective. I noticed that when there is a big lead it becomes easier and in a recent challenge I just pulled my goalie and let them keep scoring. I think it was also the only way to get enough faceoffs to begin with.
  • Faceoff challenges I just keep going offside till I get however many is needed pretty easy with Stamkos and his 99 faceoff
  • Is this in Challenges?

I do pretty good in Squads and even when I play online but always struggle when it's a challenge objective. I noticed that when there is a big lead it becomes easier and in a recent challenge I just pulled my goalie and let them keep scoring. I think it was also the only way to get enough faceoffs to begin with.
    I’m talking online. (Yeah I have noticed that it IS or seems to be harder on challenges) either way faceoffs have never been an issue for me. Until now
  • reengerg wrote: »
    Is this in Challenges?

I’m talking online. (Yeah I have noticed that it IS or seems to be harder on challenges) either way faceoffs have never been an issue for me. Until now

It is harder on challenges because of the lower time and usually they choose team with good attributes (for the objectives) to make it harder. That being said, the attribute and timing this year isn’t the most important thing. It is all about what your opponent is doing and what is the best counter move to use. If you are do the same move (opponent and you), then it is all about timing. And if you have both the same timing, it becomes about attributes. The first thing and most important is to use the correct counter move and time it decently (if you’re way of it won’t work no matter what you do).

I don’t know the English terms enough to explain which one to use and when, but somebody else might be able to do it. Maybe there’s a video on YouTube also, probably. The only thing I can tell you is that you need to really look at your position and your opponent position at the face off and try to imagine both stick motion for the two player and use the one that fits the best. Sometimes, you can see that your stick will slide under his stick, so you go up to lift his stick. Other times, you can see that your radius of movement is smaller and you will touch the puck faster, so you go down, etc...