EA Forums - Banner

To non Forum members who pass by and read these forums..Cheaters are not welcome on EA servers!

kitchener_boy
354 posts Member
edited December 2019
We and the online community and EA themselve's DO NOT endorce cheating of anykind. We here in the community and at EA wanna make this franchise enjoyable for all to play!. We do not have time for those whom wanna make winnning at all cost a cancer in these games that should be about a gamming community getting together for a fun time.
Such acts will not and should not be tolerated
Lag Switching
Abuse of one move exploit of game machanics
Trash talking in PM's
Foul Language on the mic
Puck ragging in any modes esepcially in TEAM PLAY games
We want this to be fun for everybody,winning and loosing is not important! Having fun is.
I hope those who pass by to read these forums understand that FUN is not about you,it's about everybody having it.
THANK YOU!.

Replies

• Online is gonna online, though...
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    EA has zapped about all the fun out of this game .
  • We and the online community and EA themselve's DO NOT endorce cheating of anykind. We here in the community and at EA wanna make this franchise enjoyable for all to play!. We do not have time for those whom wanna make winnning at all cost a cancer in these games that should be about a gamming community getting together for a fun time.
    Lag Switching
    Trash talking in PM's
    Foul Language on the mic
    We want this to be fun for everybody,winning and loosing is not important! Having fun is.
    I hope those who pass by to read these forums understand that FUN is not about you,it's about everybody having it.
    THANK YOU!.

You haven't played online games very much yet, have you?

Outside of physical cheating with 3rd party programs or hardware, or using actual exploits like replaying a squad battles team repeatedly to get max points or something like that (i don't LT but it's not cheating), there's not a lot that can be done with how people play a game online. Exploiting isn't a negative word. If you use one method to score every goal, you're exploiting your opponents lack of adapting, as an example.

Your entire post sounds like something someone who's never played any game online before.

Also, your concept of "fun", isn't universal, so trying to force your idea of fun (table top hockey is not fun imo) on everyone, even when it's unenforceable, is really just a selfish way of thinking. Even if it has good intentions.
  • BruinsHockey08
    1359 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    We and the online community and EA themselve's DO NOT endorce cheating of anykind. We here in the community and at EA wanna make this franchise enjoyable for all to play!. We do not have time for those whom wanna make winnning at all cost a cancer in these games that should be about a gamming community getting together for a fun time.
    Lag Switching
    Trash talking in PM's
    Foul Language on the mic
    THANK YOU!.

You haven't played online games very much yet, have you?

Outside of physical cheating with 3rd party programs or hardware, or using actual exploits like replaying a squad battles team repeatedly to get max points or something like that (i don't LT but it's not cheating), there's not a lot that can be done with how people play a game online. Exploiting isn't a negative word. If you use one method to score every goal, you're exploiting your opponents lack of adapting, as an example.

Your entire post sounds like something someone who's never played any game online before.

Also, your concept of "fun", isn't universal, so trying to force your idea of fun (table top hockey is not fun imo) on everyone, even when it's unenforceable, is really just a selfish way of thinking. Even if it has good intentions.

Kitchener has repeatedly said over and over he doesn't have any of the next-gen consoles, therefore he hasn't been able to play this game. At least not much. I am not saying his tune would change if he had, but at least it would give him some more credibility.
  • We and the online community and EA themselve's DO NOT endorce cheating of anykind. We here in the community and at EA wanna make this franchise enjoyable for all to play!. We do not have time for those whom wanna make winnning at all cost a cancer in these games that should be about a gamming community getting together for a fun time.
    Lag Switching
    Trash talking in PM's
    Foul Language on the mic
    THANK YOU!.

Not to sound mean or anything, but I do not see how your Legacy online experience pertains to the NHL 20 and its forums. Alot has changed in 5 years and there is no LT abuse in Legacy either.

I get your message and agree to a degree, but sadly, it is 5 years too late.
  • I can only imagine , whats gonna happen, when he opens pandora's box, with this thread, its gonna be like this video meme.

• kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I read all of your post on here and all the things you claim I say about a old game happens on this years game to. Don't pretend that you all have not been complaining about these things all year.Trying to help you guys out..weather I play NHL 20 or not is not my problem..I didn't waste 700.00 on games that don;t work like you did.when you play a guy like me weather it be NHL legacy..14..15.. even if it was 20..It be a full simulation of hockey.
  • I read all of your post on here and all the things you claim I say about a old game happens on this years game to. Don't pretend that you all have not been complaining about these things all year.Trying to help you guys out..weather I play NHL 20 or not is not my problem..I didn't waste 700.00 on games that don;t work like you did.

The thing is, it carries more weight from people who have to experience it because they can offer ideas on how to fix it. Whether EA listens to the ideas or not is another thing entirely.
  • I read all of your post on here and all the things you claim I say about a old game happens on this years game to. Don't pretend that you all have not been complaining about these things all year.

You're right to a degree, but the difference is we bought the game therefore we have first hand experience with the game and provide feedback on that experience. For example, how would you know if you lag or not for this year's game? You simply don't know, but may come here to say it is a lag fest. It would not be accurate information.

You are relying on other people to generate "your" opinion and I think it isn't fair to you or other people who rely on general opinion and feedback.

Twitch and Youtube can only provide so much, but it isn't the same as a hands on opinion. That is all I am saying.
  • NHL 20 and Legacy are not much different..I know cause I watched hoew people play online,it;s a joke on 20. Even the WGC..they use the backwards skate all the time..so yeah,if your gonna play hockey? play hocley! Not ice capades or ice tag.
  • NHL 20 and Legacy are not much different..I know cause I watched hoew people play online,it;s a joke on 20. Even the WGC..they use the backwards skate all the time..so yeah,if your gonna play hockey? play hocley! Not ice capades or ice tag.

But again, you are relying on other people's experiences to formulate your own opinion. If it is from someone else, then it simply cannot be your own. Logic dictates it.

To claim your experiences would be identical to those streamers you watched is inherently false.

Again though, you are missing the point. The best feedback the developers can get is from those who have the game because they have experienced it and can offer feedback based on their experiences with certain situations. Watching the videos show what the issues are but they don't give you a true feel for the issues like playing the game can. And with hands-on feedback you can give ideas on how to adjust the game to avoid certain situations from happening. Watching Youtube videos doesn't give you the full effect of the problems that persist with the NHL series.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Say what you want. I spoke from the heart. Doesn;t matter what I play,Online gamming is the same. WIN AT ALL COST. and I am trying to send the message that NO! that is not welcomed here..and what do you all do? make me look like the bad guy!. I can read many post all over this forum about people saying how they were experiencing same things. Good luck.
  • BUDDY ..allI do is play online. Anyway..I don;t wanna read anymore of post complaining about ONLiNE STUFF OK?. you all have a two sided opinion depending oh who post. It's obvious I am not part of this community and should not be. You all like to gang up on people for their opinions.

Kitchener, you fail to see the point.

Look at it this way.

Yes some people do indeed abuse backskating. Some people find it anywhere in between impossible to defend, to slightly annoying.

I for one find it very annoying, but defendable. I choose my moment and know when that player will become vulnerable. Maybe you for instance would find it nearly impossible to defend, or maybe it would be a joke to defend. Who knows? The point is, how would you know if you don't play the game? Why would you formulate an opinion on it if you didn't experience it first hand???

It has nothing to do with ganging up on anyone. It is simply common sense. But on a side note, if you think everyone is against you, isn't that maybe a sign to at least ask yourself if maybe this one time, you are indeed the one the maybe needs to change his point of view?

Anyways, this is going nowhere and will just lead to trouble. I got your message and I am moving on. I wish you a genuine good day and no hard feelings.
  • BUDDY ..allI do is play online. Anyway..I don;t wanna read anymore of post complaining about ONLNIE STUFF OK?. you all have a two sided opinion depending oh who post. It's obvious I am not part of this community and should not be.

You're welcome to be part of the community, everyone is welcome. I would never discourage people from posting. My main thing is if you are going to talk about the game as if it's fact then you should have a good amount of time playing the game in order to offer feedback and possible solutions to the issues this game has. The last thing EA needs is another complaint post, they have enough of those.

Constructive feedback is a good thing. But only if you can give it in a way that can help the developers. And if you have not played the game it is hard to be truly constructive.

And that would be my biggest feedback to you, at least right now. Let the players who have played the game offer feedback, we are more able to identify an issue and offer hands-on feedback. Posts that only identify the issue with no concrete solution doesn't help in trying to get it fixed.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    TO BE CLEAR... this had noting to do with any of you except to make this NHL experience better HENCE the title (FOR NON FORUM) This post was solely for those outside of us..to read that CHEATING..was not welcomed here..Take it any way you like what I ment by cheating...I wrote it in post. None of you really were supposed to reply back against me. Stay silent and don;t give the cheaters I speak of a reason to go 'Oh look,it's ok for me to cheat" I am talking about the kids,the teenagers ect who buy the games that WIN TRADE,LAG CONNECTIONS for easy goals ect ect. This had nothiing to do with comment and say I did not buy the games..This was PURLY to send a message to other gammers who I do run across on a regular basis who start lag switching when loosing and quitting at 3 to 0 for examples. I ment nothing with cross crease or wraps ect. I can defend them.
    This game has flaws,but it does not mean you use those flaws 9 times out of 10..Atleast I play with the code of respect..and play the actual style of hockey and win BIG TIME with it.If you think doing the same move 10 times in a row and hitting the lag switch to drag your connection down is cool? fine! but it;s not cool with me.Ask yourself this..how can I or you DEFEND if your guy starts dragging and your game keeps freezing as he is able to skate? And yes Go on Youtube and you will see the lag switch in action on NHL 20 and also videos on how to make one.
  • TO BE CLEAR... this had noting to do with any of you except to make this NHL experience better HENCE the title (FOR NON FORUM) This post was solely for those outside of us..to read that CHEATING..was not welcomed here..Take it any way you like what I ment by cheating...I wrote it in post. None of you really were supposed to reply back against me. Stay silent and don;t give the cheaters I speak of a reason to go 'Oh look,it's ok for me to cheat" I am talking about the kids,the teenagers ect who buy the games that WIN TRADE,LAG CONNECTIONS for easy goals ect ect. This had nothiing to do with comment and say I did not buy the games..This was PURLY to send a message to other gammers who I do run across on a regular basis who start lag switching when loosing and quitting at 3 to 0 for examples. I ment nothing with cross crease or wraps ect. I can defend them.
    This game has flaws,but it does not mean you use those flaws 9 times out of 10..Atleast I play with the code of respect..and play the actual style of hockey and win BIG TIME with it.If you think doing the same move 10 times in a row and hitting the lag switch to drag your connection down is cool? fine! but it;s not cool with me.Ask yourself this..how can I or you DEFEND if your guy starts dragging and your game keeps freezing as he is able to skate? And yes Go on Youtube and you will see the lag switch in action on NHL 20 and also videos on how to make one.

Well ok, fair enough then.

I wish you a good day.
  • Wait, so this thread wasn't satire?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4769 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, all.

Patch notes are out for the update that's hitting the ice tomorrow. You can view them here.

The team made changes are pivot spamming, speed, and puck loss from pivots.