EA Forums - Banner

Benefit of hitting

Prev1
I try to hit as often as possible in my games, but I'm questioning whether it really does any good. Does it wear the opposing team down any? I'm not seeing any effect.

Replies

• Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I especially love when I hit someone either he gets right back up or the puck magically goes thru my guys right back to one of my opponents player, and as for your question , probably doesn't do much in my opinion
  • dougboy90 wrote: »
    I try to hit as often as possible in my games, but I'm questioning whether it really does any good. Does it wear the opposing team down any? I'm not seeing any effect.

Hitting reduces that player's stamina. Obviously when he goes to the bench it refills back up. So you will see an effect, but for that shift only unless the next line change happens quickly and he is put right back on the ice.

To be honest, it does not appear like fatigue affects the cpu players all that much. They still will beat you in a foot race for the puck and pretty much every single time. Another reason I hate playing with cpu or offline.
  • I especially love when I hit someone either he gets right back up or the puck magically goes thru my guys right back to one of my opponents player, and as for your question , probably doesn't do much in my opinion

I love when I smack the faith out of a player, but his fallen corpse prevents me from picking up the puck. Next thing you know, he gets up and has position over you for the puck, so he picks it up and flies away with it.

Fun times.
  • I'm trying to determine whether there is some residual effect that lasts the rest of the game, or once he rests up on the bench he's back to 100%.
  • In the game hitting is best because hitting is over the top.

Hitting is fun and vs or drop in. I always have more hits the other players.
  • Hitting is really only useful offline with sliders that alter fatigue effect. Online it's typically more of a detriment to hit as opposed to not hitting.
  • dougboy90 wrote: »
    I'm trying to determine whether there is some residual effect that lasts the rest of the game, or once he rests up on the bench he's back to 100%.

Far as I know, and I am very confident in this, the fatigue doesn't accumulate. The stamina bar doesn't get smaller and smaller as the game goes on, nor as physical contact accumulates.

The bar fills back up once on the bench as long as the line change is long enough to allow it.

So essentially, no, you don't wear players down over the length of a game.
  • hitting should not have any affect beyond a) the immediate physics of the hit and b) maybe a SLIGHT decrease in stamina. Anything more than 25% is ridiculous. Should be able to recover it within a few secs of gliding (catching your breath)

real hockey (not talking beer leaguers or juniors where its all testosterone filled teenagers) does't have that much hitting. its fun so i'm ok with a little over the top in the moment hitting but lets not change the fundamental aspect of the game. I only care about 6v6 and there's no line changes. no place to go recover like in real hockey.
  • I guess the other wrinkle to this is whether hitting causes more game-ending injuries. It seems like hitting a lot creates more injuries.
  • I especially love when I hit someone either he gets right back up or the puck magically goes thru my guys right back to one of my opponents player, and as for your question , probably doesn't do much in my opinion

I love when I smack the faith out of a player, but his fallen corpse prevents me from picking up the puck. Next thing you know, he gets up and has position over you for the puck, so he picks it up and flies away with it.

Fun times.

Lol! Every. Fricken. Time. Should have put more money that went to Snoop to fixing for crap.
  • Hitting is a joke the player you hit has a better chance of getting the puck than you do another fix that has been ignored ,but hey Snoop Dogg is in the game now
  • I just saw Snoop Doggy Dogg get pancaked in PRO-AM so at least I have that.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    I just saw Snoop Doggy Dogg get pancaked in PRO-AM so at least I have that.

I believe the correct term would be he got his bedizzle foshizzled. :trollface:
    I just saw Snoop Doggy Dogg get pancaked in PRO-AM so at least I have that.

I believe the correct term would be he got his bedizzle foshizzled. :trollface:

Then he scores on you and be like:

tenor.gif?itemid=7840546

I think it's kinda fun that they added that. Some of these game modes need a little levity added to keep it fun. I just wish the meatier modes like EASHL Clubs got just as much attention, but in the core gameplay aspects.
  • I just hope, one day, everyone can find someone who looks at them the same way Snoop looks at me
    nrmepbo51hdy.jpg
    I just hope, one day, everyone can find someone who looks at them the same way Snoop looks at me
    nrmepbo51hdy.jpg

That's beautiful, bro.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    I just hope, one day, everyone can find someone who looks at them the same way Snoop looks at me
    nrmepbo51hdy.jpg

it's amazing how the photographer managed to capture all the love and tenderness in this bromance. It is a very moving and emotional picture. Stunning.
  • For EASHL hitting should affect a players max stamina, it should go down a tiny bit for every big hit they receive. Of course it should also affect their current stamina as it does currently, I'd leave that unchanged.

In the course of a full game, if a small speedy player is taking hit after hit, their max stamina bar should be smaller.

I also think injuries are too short. They should last at the minimum 1 complete period worth of time, at the maximum the rest of the game.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1115 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    For EASHL hitting should affect a players max stamina, it should go down a tiny bit for every big hit they receive. Of course it should also affect their current stamina as it does currently, I'd leave that unchanged.

In the course of a full game, if a small speedy player is taking hit after hit, their max stamina bar should be smaller.

I also think injuries are too short. They should last at the minimum 1 complete period worth of time, at the maximum the rest of the game.

even though that is not even close to how real hockey is? small guys take "normal" hits all day and lets be honest if anything its the large guys sucking wind at games end.

• For EASHL hitting should affect a players max stamina, it should go down a tiny bit for every big hit they receive. Of course it should also affect their current stamina as it does currently, I'd leave that unchanged.

even though that is not even close to how real hockey is? small guys take "normal" hits all day and lets be honest if anything its the large guys sucking wind at games end.

So a team of smaller players can get out hit in a game 50 - 0 with zero effect on their bodies/health.. except for maybe an injury or two that lasts 5 minutes? Smaller faster players need a nerf, this would help. Hitting is also too far nerfed, needs to be buffed a bit.