EA Forums - Banner

Don't ever wonder why all your gamers left

Prev13
EA really does want a game with lack of integrity and cheats. I'm very discouraged this game will never follow the statistics of the players but instead the game will discern the two team overalls and apply offsets to the AI.

There is zero point to the game spending all that time playing and collecting icons and opening packs. I guess the aim of the day is milk this game fooling new players until they can't be fooled anymore. Personally I'm pretty sickened that I could spend so much time playing the game getting good, building a team....and all for nothing when I'm matched up against a bunch of silver cards and low golds

I'm sure EA thinks get good you should be able to beat these. Yes I can I've won 14 straight games. Thats not the point. It's about integrity. Today I quit a game a rare quit I don't believe in. I'm not watching my players fumble around like dummies any longer while I watch lesser players get tons of breaks you name it how. If the other team has a low overall but they act like a high overall while my high overall team acts the reverse your game is broken sorry you can't understand that concept. That is the lack of integrity and as I've posted many times this is my last EA game as I'm taking myself out of all EA player pools so this rediculous gaming formula has a much more difficult time succeeding.

For five years the players have been going on about tilt. No one wants it in the game. Listen to this message. There are other possible avenues of building a strong game. The formula should not be milk it till players leave going blue in the face complaining about this.

I have tons of great ideas how you could sell ton of packs and keep the game integrity. Good luck tho these ideas are not coming forward. As much as I want this game to be around because it can be fun when offsets aren't applied I really now do hope it goes the way of the dinosaurs.


Replies

  • The real sad part about this, is that’s it’s not going to change! Streamer/grinders has find the perfect way to win most of the games, which is in favor of EA Sports. I am more than frustrated that we can’t play the game the way we won’t, but we play the game the way EA wants us to play, we can’t control our own players, this is really ridiculous.

    This year I have pass, I didn’t bought the game, but I got it as a gift and I feel bad for anyone spending a dollar on this game, but my love for hockey is strong! This post could go for a long while, but I’ll cut it here!
  • I’m still waiting on my first “offset” when I roll out my all base gold team. I ALWAYS lose/get blown out. Then when I put in my 90 overall team I do fairly well and rarely have a problem beating the lower teams
  • I presume your style is not passing or positioning but rather one man dekeing. That alone would explain it.
    reengerg wrote: »
    I’m still waiting on my first “offset” when I roll out my all base gold team. I ALWAYS lose/get blown out. Then when I put in my 90 overall team I do fairly well and rarely have a problem beating the lower teams

  • I'm sure EA thinks they are building a fair game but they fail to realize all the effort people put into obtaining the cards. I've been saving 6 weeks already to get Gretzky as a silver icon because he has synergies I like and fits into my team especially as a 91 overall. Today I finally stopped this game because I see no point in all that effort to obtain a player that will not synergize or act intelligent in games with these offsets. He should play well in every game.

    EA fails to realize that I do not want to play a team that is like day one, with stupidity and lack of control in these fairness matchups. That's why I spent all those hours building a good team so I don't have to go through that frustration except at the start of the season when my team isn't that great.

    To go further it's a cheat why am I even playing 73 overall teams in division six? If this team matches my team what is the point of any of the statistics presented. It a waste of my gametime to endure these offset games. They are not enjoyable they are a slap in the face to all the hard work I've spent building my team.
  • Y
    IWDTCG wrote: »
    I'm sure EA thinks they are building a fair game but they fail to realize all the effort people put into obtaining the cards. I've been saving 6 weeks already to get Gretzky as a silver icon because he has synergies I like and fits into my team especially as a 91 overall. Today I finally stopped this game because I see no point in all that effort to obtain a player that will not synergize or act intelligent in games with these offsets. He should play well in every game.

    EA fails to realize that I do not want to play a team that is like day one, with stupidity and lack of control in these fairness matchups. That's why I spent all those hours building a good team so I don't have to go through that frustration except at the start of the season when my team isn't that great.

    To go further it's a cheat why am I even playing 73 overall teams in division six? If this team matches my team what is the point of any of the statistics presented. It a waste of my gametime to endure these offset games. They are not enjoyable they are a slap in the face to all the hard work I've spent building my team.

    You say Gretzky “should play well every game.” Was that the case? No, even the best players have off games. It’s unrealistic to expect that. And again after 300+ games not once have I seen any “offsets” or “fairness adjustment” either in my favor or against me.
  • It is unrealistic a 73 team would do well against a 90 team in real life too with very few exceptions if you want to bring reality into this discussion. I'm talking about a video game where the overalls are reflected by statistics which is portrayed by AI which does not match on a consistent basis. They consistently act great when team overalls are even and act reverse when not.

    I infer from your bewildered and defensive posts about this topic that you are more likely using a low team and like this advantage. You even mentioned you have tried both types of teams.

    It doesn't matter if you are aware or unaware EA knows what they are doing and I'm out.
  • What division are you anyway?
  • prack7
    145 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    reengerg wrote: »
    Y
    IWDTCG wrote: »
    I'm sure EA thinks they are building a fair game but they fail to realize all the effort people put into obtaining the cards. I've been saving 6 weeks already to get Gretzky as a silver icon because he has synergies I like and fits into my team especially as a 91 overall. Today I finally stopped this game because I see no point in all that effort to obtain a player that will not synergize or act intelligent in games with these offsets. He should play well in every game.

    EA fails to realize that I do not want to play a team that is like day one, with stupidity and lack of control in these fairness matchups. That's why I spent all those hours building a good team so I don't have to go through that frustration except at the start of the season when my team isn't that great.

    To go further it's a cheat why am I even playing 73 overall teams in division six? If this team matches my team what is the point of any of the statistics presented. It a waste of my gametime to endure these offset games. They are not enjoyable they are a slap in the face to all the hard work I've spent building my team.

    You say Gretzky “should play well every game.” Was that the case? No, even the best players have off games. It’s unrealistic to expect that. And again after 300+ games not once have I seen any “offsets” or “fairness adjustment” either in my favor or against me.

    I too have 300 plus games spread between my 94 overall and my 85 overall team. I 100% notice fairness adjustment/ice tilt against me with my 94 ovr team and none with my 85 ovr team. So.....

  • Division 6 I think. 90+ % of my games are now rivals. All I’m saying is I never see any advantage when I roll out a all gold lineup, lose 90% of the time. But when I use my 90 overall lineup I do a lot better maybe 50-60% winning pct. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
  • reengerg wrote: »
    Division 6 I think. 90+ % of my games are now rivals. All I’m saying is I never see any advantage when I roll out a all gold lineup, lose 90% of the time. But when I use my 90 overall lineup I do a lot better maybe 50-60% winning pct. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

    As I said earlier I believe you must be a deke heavy player who doesn't pass much, except across the crease.
  • Anyway, really tired of this game. Will not be checking anymore on the forum.

    Cheers all enjoy what you can.
  • IWDTCG wrote: »
    Anyway, really tired of this game. Will not be checking anymore on the forum.

    Cheers all enjoy what you can.

    You’ll be back! LOL
  • FrOhl2011
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    To reduce/trick the 50%tilt. (Yes it has 50% impact this title....Rip)
    Dont have more than 2 1tier synergie active.
    Have a suitable BRONZE goalie as reserv.
    Nerver have the tactic u want to play preset. Change before puck drop.
    Dont over pass and dont over deke youl be punished next game.
    Always let in 2 goals to keep the goalie rng down.
    (about 80%save, 3gpg.)
    Take timeout around 10 igt in 2d. (Rng Tilt change).
    Never let the search more than 30 sec in matching.
    Before puck drop look att ping.
    Before puck drop look at mute section.😉

    With that mentioned youl have a better chance to beat the tilt and one or two systematic glitch cheater (yes, glitching pvp IS CHEATING according to box rules).
    But you almost never beat the EXTREME glitchers WITH the tilt. (The glitch play is recon weak-play regardless of W or L therefor more tilt)

    There is prbly more advice.
    The worst thing about this is that you dont need to be a rocket-scincetist to notise it. And ea want it this way. Your frustration. And we all know why.

    All that said!!
    Nhl14 10% tilt impact. 250k users/server.
    Nhl20 50% tilt impact. ~10k u/s.
    Why ea?😂
    And the changes/Patches Done is only to hide the glitchers and tilt. (Like removed the pregame matchup so you cant see who you is against, reducing your chance to avoid glitchers). But there is still way they never can hide. But that need you to act very fast before puck drop.

    Best of luck

    [Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by FrOhl2011 on
  • Also when i say dont overpass/overdeke.... it means you are allowed to overskate (systematic circleskate).
  • So summary:
    the game has nothing to do with skills.
    Accept it as is and try to have fun
    Or
    Dont
  • martmet
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    There are a lot of misconceptions about this game.

    And a lot of people don't understand how strategies, synergy, type of players etc are all dependant on your play style.

    For example, I have a huge team. Almost all my players are 6'3+ and over 200+.
    My strategies, my synergies and my players... all that is matching how I play defence and how I break out and control the puck in the offensive zone.

    How many times I will be up by 3-4 goals quickly just because the opponent is trying to slam check me all the time and obviously miss to give me breakaways or 2-1s.

    Or comeback and win a game because I adapted my strategies and suddenly dominate the rush and the offensive zone.

    But yes, I saw the cheats, against a 70 OVR team in SB that I barely beat 6-1 when the next game I beat a 92 OVR team 12-1.

    I saw these online as well... entry gold cards teams beat my A team with 8 synergies easily because they are faster, more agile and stronger than my big and fast 88s and 91s. Their 80 goalie would stop all one timers and all perfect shots, mine will miss easy weak shots.

    But lately, I play better defensively and these lower team rage quit or I beat them 12-0. You can overcome the tilt by playing a good D and play the strategies game well.

    This game is fun but tough, especially if you play against someone who knows how to adjust strategies and how to deke / create setup plays. It's like playing chess against someone who can plan ahead multiple moves when you just play on instinct or plan just 1-2 steps at the time.

    No personally, the thing that makes me want to trow my controller trough the window, is the input lag in random games... or the fact that when I lose the puck the selected player changes to someone else far away from the play and have to switch back.
  • martmet wrote: »

    But lately, I play better defensively and these lower team rage quit or I beat them 12-0. You can overcome the tilt by playing a good D and play the strategies game well.


    No personally, the thing that makes me want to trow my controller trough the window, is the input lag in random games... or the fact that when I lose the puck the selected player changes to someone else far away from the play and have to switch back.

    First, I play really good defense, I rarely get outshot, when I do it’s on me, cause I aim at checks that I shouldn’t do, but when the puck goes through 3 of my players on a cross crease, that’s not on me! The game’s set to let poor goal and defensive decision look bad! Don’t throw this on people!

    Second, you can chose which player you want to select when you switch player, simply hold pass button and right analog on which player you want to select, it’s hard at first but you get the hang on it after a while
  • @martmet:
    Are you on ps?
    It sounds like you play on ps. And manage to take advantage on the ”protective bubble” that is OP on ps.

    On Xbox the OP is the ”autocheck” glitch using mainly hybrid controller setup. Its annoying like hell. Just skating around holding down the check-button and bumping everything on D.
  • I just find the game to be boring at this point. 15/16ths of the players in this game aren’t usable. There’s nothing to build to.

    The missions are beyond bad. Complete 25 passes. Really? Like c’mon.

    We get these silver players every day for signing in. Great! What am I supposed to do with them? I’m certainly not going online with them and proceeding to get my head blown off with them. They’re only good for sets. At least give us SBCs like FIFA so all the players have some value.

    The fact that it’s not even Christmas and I’ve mostly lost all motivation to play anymore says enough. I’ve sat there for minutes on end looking for games. That’s a bad sign. HUT has got worse and worse throughout the years to the point where it’s way behind all of the other ultimate team platforms in gaming.

    All that and I haven’t even mentioned once the gameplay which is a whole different argument.

    To be honest, this game hasn’t been the same since they moved on to the PS4 and year 1 of the NHL game with zero features. I hate to say this because I love NHL, but realistically, I can’t see this franchise surviving past 2022 or 2023. It’s declined and declined fast. Gamers have jumped off the boat at a rapid pace.
  • Oh, and I also think the games are way too long
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.