EA Forums - Banner

EA, Why can't we remove the helemts from created players

Please answer! Would it be so hard for you to give us this option. Or at least explain why you cannot allow this.

Replies

• Efbomb
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    j1735m wrote: »
    Please answer! Would it be so hard for you to give us this option. Or at least explain why you cannot allow this.

This, and the fact that we HAVE to assign a CAP a play by play name is really putting a damper on my Alumni Team project.

The fact that we have to put helmets on CAPs means I can’t create the old school players like Bobby Orr, Bobby Hull, Phil Esposito and Craig MacTavish. That goes for CAP goalies as well. At least bring back the Friday the 13 goalie masks.

The other thing I mentioned was having to assign a play by play name to a CAP. So many missing names. I wish they would at least add in most, if not all, of the players who have played at least 1,000 games.

I mean, it’s just a name. There’s no law that says you can’t put a name in a video game, no matter how obscure [Removed - CM]. They didn’t as me if it was ok to put my name in the game.

See what I mean.
    Post edited by EA_Blueberry on
  • Yeah why not? It's a game. Allow brown helmets, no helmets, old timey goalie masks, no mask for goalie, who cares?
  • Some Alumni players already come with the game out of the box with no helmets or goalie masks. It seems ridiculous that we can't create similar helmet-less players.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4834 posts EA Community Manager
    Helmets cannot be removed as that is a rule of the leagues.
  • Thank you for answering the question, I appreciate it.

Wow, how sad. Its a vdeo game and its about an option to add or remove a piece of equipment. I understand licensing for creating player likeness and jerseys, etc.

But wow, cant remove a helmet. Is this still America!!!
  • j1735m wrote: »
    Thank you for answering the question, I appreciate it.

Wow, how sad. Its a vdeo game and its about an option to add or remove a piece of equipment. I understand licensing for creating player likeness and jerseys, etc.

But wow, cant remove a helmet. Is this still America!!!

Actually, the game is made in Vancouver sooooo...nope. lol
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > Helmets cannot be removed as that is a rule of the leagues.
    If what you're saying is true then why do some Alumni players already come with the game with no helmets or goalie masks. If EA can create Alumni players without helmets or goalie masks then why can't the user?
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > Helmets cannot be removed as that is a rule of the leagues.
    If what you're saying is true then why do some Alumni players already come with the game with no helmets or goalie masks. If EA can create Alumni players without helmets or goalie masks then why can't the user?

I assume by "rule of the leagues" they meant rules for competitive EASHL leagues. Could be wrong. But competitive hockey I assume would want standard uniforms. Assuming they have communicated that with EA but just an assumption. Maybe thats not what Blueberry meant.
  • [quote="Kmahrle83;c-2106900"][quote="j1735m;c-2106543"]Thank you for answering the question, I appreciate it.

But wow, cant remove a helmet. Is this still America!!![/quote]

Actually, the game is made in Vancouver sooooo...nope. lol[/quote]

Vancouver is in north america..