EA Forums - Banner

What has happened with the Western Europe server?

I'm based in the UK. Not found a sub 50 ping game since Wednesday or Thursday.

Used to be 32-38 when connecting to the Ireland server and 50+ elsewhere.

Been an online player for years, no way I can keep playing at 50+ ping.

Can someone from EA confirm whether this is a temporary issue, or if the Ireland HUT server has been decommissioned permanently?.

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4770 posts EA Community Manager
    @SolidNorseForce

There haven't been any announced changes. Have you tried anything from your side at all to see if you can improve the ping from your side, like rebooting the local network or switching to a different WiFi channel if you have more options available?

Connection Troubleshooting: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
  • @EA_Blueberry

Thanks for your comment. I've been on with EA Help, they sent an email suggesting a rebuild of the ps4 database and a restore of licenses. Unfortunately that didn't help.

Thanks for the link. I've been through these steps before, but I'll check them again this time.

I'm not sure if it's possible to do a trace route to check which server I connect to, it just seems odd that the decent ping games have all gone. Yesterday I matched up with an opponent I have played multiple times before with low 30 ping, this time it was 50. This experience has been echoed by players I know in other parts of Europe as well (Scotland and Spain), all their games are 50+ ping now as well.

If anyone else is reading this and is based in Europe outside Scandinavia, it would be great to hear your current experience, has the ping changed in your online hut games?