EA Forums - Banner

Help with EASHL 3 on 3

Can anyone offer me any guidance on 3 on 3 in EASHL? Every single game where we don't have 3 players, our AI is horrible. It's especially bad when the AI is our Dman. He does nothing but turn it over. Whenever it's a 2 on 1 vs our AI, he stops, skates a few feet forward, and ensures a 2 on 0 instead. Our opponents passes go straight through him, anytime he takes a shot on net it's wide by 5 feet. Now, I don't necessarily expect our AI to be an all pro, but that's exactly what our opponent's AI is every game. Picks off every pass, lays hard hits, passes in a split second to break his teammates, there's literally no open ice because he's always there and chasing loose pucks at twice the speed of me and my teammates. This isn't sometimes, this is every game. It's super frustrating because it's not fair. Nearly every game we out shoot our opponents in the range of 25-10, have more than double their time on attack, win 80% of the faceoffs, but lose constantly 6-1 or something like that. What are we missing? Why would the AI possibly be programmed to skate forward on a 2 on 1 to give a wide open 2 on 0 to opponents? So frustrating.

Replies

• its ea, ai is always terrible
  • Palmer1432 wrote: »
    its ea, ai is always terrible

I hear you, but our opponents AI is never terrible. He intercepts everything. Blocks everything. Lifts your stick if you're within 5' or clobbers you. Our AI NEVER does that. Our opponents skate directly into our AI, and he does nothing. EVERY SINGLE GAME. What do our opponents know that we don't? There has to be something. They know our AI won't do anything, they also know their AI will play all of their D for them, so they just cherry pick so they can abuse our AI who skates out of the play to give them easy goals. I could see if it happened every once in a while, but it's EVERY GAME. I just want to know the secret. I don't even want to use it, I just want to know why.
  • Because the other player is mashing R2
  • Hi Poman33,
    We've had the same experience.
    1. Try to learn where no.5 is moving to after a faceoff, position yourself to call a pass from him.
    2. Don't ever let him skate north south, always call the pass.
    3. Be patient, try to score the games first goal
    4. When you play patient, make good decisions, run good hits, he will adapt to the style of play.
    5. Most important: center has to play the opposing center. Winger against winger, except the opp. winger is AI, then his check should be the human D.
    6. If the cr of your opponent is higher the yours, they'll have an advantage in speed, precision and ai.

Give it a try...
  • Marc110_98 wrote: »
    Because the other player is mashing R2

What does that mean?
  • Hi Poman33,

6. If the cr of your opponent is higher the yours, they'll have an advantage in speed, precision and ai.

Give it a try...

I am sorry, but what? You really saying that if you get your CR high, then the game will give you boosts in speed and better AI? Really, based on what exactly?

• It's all about cr.
    Only an easy example with easy numbers:
    500 vs 500: good, even game. Better team wins.
    600:400: getting harder for the 400s, easier for the 600s
    700+:400-: every shot goes in, goalies abandon the crease etc...
    Feel free to think otherwise, but it is what it is.
  • It's all about cr.

Lol "deep state" had taken over ea nhl.

Or maybe 700 cr players are good and 400 are not?

Here's some real advice, don't play 3 on 3 and care much because it's not real hockey. The ai is completely confused with 5 skaters. I would bet the ai is exactly the same for both modes and he's constantly running in circles confused how he can fill all the missing roles.
  • It's all about cr.

Lol "deep state" had taken over ea nhl.

Or maybe 700 cr players are good and 400 are not?

Here's some real advice, don't play 3 on 3 and care much because it's not real hockey. The ai is completely confused with 5 skaters. I would bet the ai is exactly the same for both modes and he's constantly running in circles confused how he can fill all the missing roles.

Look, I get what you are saying. We prefer 3v3 because when all three of us can play it eliminates the AI. The problem is, our opponents AI is always a HOFer and ours is scrub. It's not fair in the slightest. And it's EVERY GAME. It's not once in a while. Anytime we have an AI on the ice, he literally passes to the opponents, and skates out of position every time. If I have somebody covered, he will rush over and shadow me and leave the center of the ice open. EVERY TIME. The opposing AI does none of that. I've been playing this game since 04. I have offered $1000 to any of my friends who can figure it out. EVERY GAME. We work so hard to get what we can, EVERYBODY we play let's their AI do all the work. How is this remotely fair?
  • We played a game 2 nights ago, we were trouncing them 5-0 in the second. All of a sudden, things changed. We realized their W quit. Their CPU winger came in, grabbed every loose puck, played perfect defense, and scored 6 goals. We lost 6-5. How is that remotely fair?
  • Post a video of this and I'll try to help you out.