EA Forums - Banner

Whatever happened to being booted cause of team play?

Taste-D-Rainbow
2514 posts Member
edited December 2019
Title. Just played a dropin with my boy and these guys on the other team took took 10+ minor penalties... one guy took 5 minors and was still in the game.

Took half an hour to play a period and a half because of these clowns.

Why were they not booted after the first 3 minors?

oz1du1hssp7u.jpg

Replies

• I've been booted for taking 2 penalties and being on the losing end of face offs. I had 3 goals and 1 assist in a 4-2 game.

Meanwhile other people can literally troll an entire game and get away with it.

The feature is still there, it is just really really stupid and ineffective.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Broken like a lot of this game.
    Post edited by Taste-D-Rainbow on
  • Yep. Happens to me all the time. I've got stuck in laggy game where I lose faceoffs, take a couple of bad penalties from the lag. Garbage teammates give up goals while I'm in box and kicked. Even when winning big and tons of points.

Just another badly broken system from your neighborhood EA team.
  • I'm not even joking here.. this game has a kicking system?
  • It does. One of my buddies got kicked when he had 2 goals. He accidently got a penalty and was kicked for poor play haha. I've played with people who purposefully shoot at our goal, or sit offsides, or play goalie and run around/lay down and they don't get kicked. I really don't understand the system..
  • de4c0n_fr05t
    436 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    It needs to be there but like a lot of things in this game it doesn't work properly as others have mentioned.

Now do they tweak/fix it? Or do what they usually do when they can't fix something, just get rid of it entirely...
  • It is an awful system. I've been booted out of maybe 5-10 games. Every single one of them I was a driving force on my team with a minimum of 2 goals and an assist or two. However, since I'm maybe losing faceoffs say 15-8, and get 2 penalties I'm toast. It happens much easier as a center because they count face off losses for negative team play AND I've noticed that a face off loss counts as a give away as well!!! This should be a topic in and of itself. A face off loss should not count as a give away as well!!
  • You guys have it all wrong..you get kicked for good teamplay in EA's world :)
  • the biggest factor is going idle. you go idle even for a few seconds, you better play perfect the rest of the game or else. I've had controllers go dead for 10-15 secs while i plug it in. I won't get kicked but notice i have a d- team rating no matter what i do. first time i get a penalty, could be 2 periods later and I could be playing great in a dominating game, bam kicked for poor play.

look at me wasting my breath talking about another broken EA feature they won't fix because they are too busy doing nothing anybody wants. Its been this way for years, I don't expect it to ever get addressed. Just like 100s of other issues we have said this about in the past that now are just "part of the game".
  • the biggest factor is going idle. you go idle even for a few seconds, you better play perfect the rest of the game or else. I've had controllers go dead for 10-15 secs while i plug it in. I won't get kicked but notice i have a d- team rating no matter what i do. first time i get a penalty, could be 2 periods later and I could be playing great in a dominating game, bam kicked for poor play.

look at me wasting my breath talking about another broken EA feature they won't fix because they are too busy doing nothing anybody wants. Its been this way for years, I don't expect it to ever get addressed. Just like 100s of other issues we have said this about in the past that now are just "part of the game".

You nailed it. The deciding factor of getting booted is getting that D- rating. Once you hit D-, you are practically a goner. Next mistake and basically you're out. Sadly, trolling and lying around the ice or even trying to score on your own net does not affect team play all that much, which is like, very illogical, but anyways. It is what it is.

On a side note though, I noticed the coach now actually grades me as a D man in EASHL. No longer does he say stuff like "I like your positioning as a Centerman".

Bout time, but I do appreciate it.

You nailed it. The deciding factor of getting booted is getting that D- rating. Once you hit D-, you are practically a goner. Next mistake and basically you're out. Sadly, trolling and lying around the ice or even trying to score on your own net does not affect team play all that much, which is like, very illogical, but anyways. It is what it is.

On a side note though, I noticed the coach now actually grades me as a D man in EASHL. No longer does he say stuff like "I like your positioning as a Centerman".

Bout time, but I do appreciate it.

different builds definitely grade differently. I swear enforcers can basically take like 8 penalties. Where some builds only 2 or 3.

of course the builds and positions that most trolls use seem to be most resistant to bad team grades.