EA Forums - Banner

66 years old and having a blast for the first time in HUT

Prev1
Thanks EA for Squad Battles! For the first time, it's given me a great reason to play HUT. I've been building my team and getting better. Getting to Pro 1 every week, building up my team with some great players, doing the daily goals etc.
The game itself has been so much more fun this year that that alone has made it a must do for me.
Finally figured out synergies and now have tons of them. Able to compete better and better.
I heard on this forum about having a very weak backup goalie to keep your overall down so you compete better. Think I'll try that.
I started out only able to win games on Semi Pro unless they were in the 70s. Now able to win at Pro up to 85 or so and can win at All Star for teams in the mid 70s or lower. What makes it fun is the sense that I can keep improving. Been watching YT tips and finally got using the Defensive skill stick more effectively.
Thanks for keeping me interested in hockey. Between that and Dirt Rally 2.0 I'm a happy camper.

Replies

• You mean you’re 56 not 66, right?
    I thought I was the oldest member of the community at 53.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • 58 here.......
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    You mean you’re 56 not 66, right?

You thought wrong....it's 66. 1953 was when I popped out :D
    Still just a big kid at heart
  • Sorry, I have you all beat, at age 70.
    And yes, like all of us old guys, I also like SB.
  • Wow nice to have company like that guys. Keep it going
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!

Nice. Me too 👍

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • 65 1/2 here! First played video hockey on Mattel Intellivision....then progressed to NHL 95 and almost every year after that! I was just gifted NHL 20 at Christmas and so far I concur with the original post that the Squad Battles are a lot of fun! Wish I read the post before taking a 91 goalie for my EA Xmas gift card, though!
  • 65 1/2 here! First played video hockey on Mattel Intellivision....then progressed to NHL 95 and almost every year after that! I was just gifted NHL 20 at Christmas and so far I concur with the original post that the Squad Battles are a lot of fun! Wish I read the post before taking a 91 goalie for my EA Xmas gift card, though!
    I still have the original intellivision with the hockey cartridge and every other sport. With that in mind I’m amused with all of the complaining about this game. Trust me, younger generation, this game is amazing, relatively speaking
  • I'm 53
  • We should start a club 😂
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • 14 here
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    Age is but just a number. Glad you're having a great time in Squad Battles and learning the synergies, @NIcklaus1962!

Really cool to hear some of you have been playing the NHL franchise for a while now. If there is anything you really want to see added to the game or improved upon feel free to drop it on the forums.

Thanks for playing and good luck to you all on the ice in 2020.
  • ^ thank you. Definitely a fun game that eats all my free time away. Love it.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • And I thought I was oldest at 50,
    Great stuff
  • reengerg wrote: »
    65 1/2 here! First played video hockey on Mattel Intellivision....then progressed to NHL 95 and almost every year after that! I was just gifted NHL 20 at Christmas and so far I concur with the original post that the Squad Battles are a lot of fun! Wish I read the post before taking a 91 goalie for my EA Xmas gift card, though!
    I still have the original intellivision with the hockey cartridge and every other sport. With that in mind I’m amused with all of the complaining about this game. Trust me, younger generation, this game is amazing, relatively speaking

I've been playing these games since they started making them. This game is FAR from amazing on so many levels BUT, I'm happy to hear you enjoy it.
  • Age is but just a number. Glad you're having a great time in Squad Battles and learning the synergies, @NIcklaus1962!

Really cool to hear some of you have been playing the NHL franchise for a while now. If there is anything you really want to see added to the game or improved upon feel free to drop it on the forums.

Thanks for playing and good luck to you all on the ice in 2020.

This game would be of the charts if EA drops in game balancing (ice tilt) and add an app like they used to have for mobile devices.
    When you have a job and work all day that app is a lifesaver plus it’s fun.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!

Now we are talkin... 57 here and loving it..
    We should be known as the " senior division" ..🏒🏒🏒😏

Now we are talkin... 57 here and loving it..
    We should be known as the " senior division" ..🏒🏒🏒😏

Maybe add a senior only division
  • Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    reengerg wrote: »
    65 1/2 here! First played video hockey on Mattel Intellivision....then progressed to NHL 95 and almost every year after that! I was just gifted NHL 20 at Christmas and so far I concur with the original post that the Squad Battles are a lot of fun! Wish I read the post before taking a 91 goalie for my EA Xmas gift card, though!

I've been playing these games since they started making them. This game is FAR from amazing on so many levels BUT, I'm happy to hear you enjoy it.

I meant compared to what I thought was great on intellivison in 1981
  • reengerg wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    reengerg wrote: »

I meant compared to what I thought was great on intellivison in 1981

Ohhhh gotcha. Yeah that makes sense.