EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 on PS4 Pro

I watch some streamers on YouTube and twitch and their gameplay seems significantly smoother with better framerates.

I have the PS4 slim and am thinking about upgrading to the PRO because EB has an upgrade for $169.99 right now

So I'm asking here, does anyone here use the PS4 PRO for NHL 20 and is their a noticeable upgrade in performance and visuals?

Replies

• Don't spend a single dime if it only pertains to NHL games. Are you really going to spend an extra $170 hoping to get better performance out of this game?

If you think you have many more games that would benefit from the upgrade, then I guess go for it. But as I said, if it is for NHL only, then no, don't spend a single dime. Not worth it.
  • Don't spend a single dime if it only pertains to NHL games. Are you really going to spend an extra $170 hoping to get better performance out of this game?

If you think you have many more games that would benefit from the upgrade, then I guess go for it. But as I said, if it is for NHL only, then no, don't spend a single dime. Not worth it.

Nope the game isn't even worth it at the deep discounts you can still find it at right now. PLEASE don't do that to yourself
  • EA_Blueberry
    3936 posts EA Community Manager
    Start the new year off right and treat yourself.
  • yeah the smart move is to just wait for ps5. unless you just like wasting money.
  • Start the new year off right and treat yourself.

I did. Bought a bottle of Aviation Gin!
  • If you have a 4k tv go buy a ps4 pro.

The pro is the best version of the ps4. Had mine since launch it. Does have better framerate on some games and some are worse.

It runs good on nhl
  • I dont have the 4k tv yet but I could get one cheap. But since the processor power isnt being utilized to the best of its ability, I'm just gonna pass.
  • RSall14
    588 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    No point when it's not going to fix delay or fat man lag. These are EA features built right into the engine.
  • If you have the money to spare and a 4k tv and you play other games then go nuts, it's a nice upgrade. If any of the afore mentioned are not the case then just wait til November and get a ps5/series.

And a side note, do a ton of research if you're going to jump to 4k, all TV's are not created equal.
  • Save the money for PS5
  • Cheap 4k tv is not better than a good full hd tv.
    Considering you have old tv- wait for PS5, but you should buy a new tv then too...