EA Forums - Banner

AI dman leaves zone/abandons play for no reason

Is this coded intentionally to create odd-man rushes?

2on2 and your AI dman abandons the play and skates out of the zone. Doesn't pick up a player or anything. This has been happening for years.

But now when 49/50 chances online is a cross-crease pass it's pretty much a gaurunteed goal.

In other words, if the odd rushes are intentional to create chances... the outcome of the game is more or less determined by that and not a player's gameplay ability. What a disaster.

Replies

• I've been saying this and asking the same question ,I guess its purposely done to create more scoring chances so all the little Mary's can use those stupid celebrations ...and also y is the d man the first up the ice on a pk
  • I just lost to a dude who had 7 shots on goal and 75 cross crease attempts. I keep asking.... why am i even playing this anymore?
  • I think EA thinks it's more fun if games as re close so they allow it.

No reason for they way they play sometimes

I love it when I control my guy in their zone and their AI will hold my guy until I switch off...no calls.

Garbage game...
  • Well if their department is like any other in business or government I'm sure it's not the coder's fault.

Management should allow more creative freedom from their talented people. It's like that everywhere. Progress usually explodes when employees aren't constricted by middle management. The coders can't turn to their boss and say "you have no idea what you're doing". Managers should just be humble and listen to the people they hired to create a great product.

This thing stinnnks of micro managing.
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Ahhh the tie up let's take this a step further in the upper divisions EA take note.. in the upper divisions the elite players use this to set a pick by holding your d men so they can use that cheesey back hand shot from the slot coming out of the corner ....you can't set picks in hockey by holding its a penality, but I guess it's just another thing that creates a skill gap
  • Agreed. I saw someone master that 'glitch'. He scored 5x on me that way and there was absolutely nothing I could do because my dman was being held by the AI. He figured it out.
  • It's not only there they also do it to the D men to take away the joke that is the DD one timers this year ..it's a cheesy move because they AI doesn't do it on their own you have to initiate it
  • Agreed. I saw someone master that 'glitch'. He scored 5x on me that way and there was absolutely nothing I could do because my dman was being held by the AI. He figured it out.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

It would be nice to hear from one of the Devs on this and y it's not a penalty
  • EA_Blueberry
    4798 posts EA Community Manager
    Agreed. I saw someone master that 'glitch'. He scored 5x on me that way and there was absolutely nothing I could do because my dman was being held by the AI. He figured it out.

This is really interesting and for the sake of avoiding confusion can you let us know what game mode within HUT you're playing?

This sounds like an opportunity for our team to take a look at the AI to see what is happening, so if you have some recorded clips of this that you can share on the post here it will help give us an easier idea of what exactly is going on.

I really want to see what defensive strategy you have selected and what you are doing with your controlled skater that might be triggering the AI Dman to get hung up.
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    This is in hut and vs ..and it's the opposing player using the tie up mechanic to create picks in the offensive zone or taking out one of the d men on the point in their defensive zone , which both are interference penalties ,as for video I'll try to get a clip ..