EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Goaltender Interference

1.] Why does the penalty itself no longer exist?

2.] Why is it that if you accidentally bump the opposing goalie and their own D-man puts it into their net whilst trying to grab the puck (like the AI defense does 90% of the time), it's still no goal?

Replies

• GI is pretty borked at the moment. We've had 2 instances in club recently where the puck was a fraction of a second from going across the line, one of our guys breathes on the goalie as he's trying to poke it in, and it gets called off. Just silly.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • There's definitely room for improvement. I mentioned this in AHQ and one of the CM's said the team is looking into it
  • [quote="TTAnthonyYT;d-253728"]1.] Why does the penalty itself no longer exist?

2.] Why is it that if you accidentally bump the opposing goalie and their own D-man puts it into their net whilst trying to grab the puck (like the AI defense does 90% of the time), it's still no goal?[/quote]

I cant count the amount of time I'm bumped a goalie skated away he passes it out I steal it and score and it gets waved off. I understand keeping the goalie from making the save but once they pass it out GI should be cancelled out.