EA Forums - Banner

Team of the year

So there are 31 nhl teams.
36 new team of the year nominees that came out today.

9 teams with 2 nominees
(Bruins, Flames, Hurricanes, Oilers, Predators, Penguins, Lightning, Maple leafs, Capitals)

1 team with 3 nominees (blues)

And 11 teams without a single nominee... how does this happen?
(Ducks, Sabres, Blue jackets, Stars, Kings, Wild, Devils, Islanders, Senators, Flyers, Knights)

Replies

• The rangers got kakko .but I didn't see Zib or the bread man
  • Could someone briefly explain the idea of Team of the Year? So there are 36 nominees and 6 of them will be the winners and ovr will be boosted? What's the criteria for selecting the winners?
  • Nobody knows the criteria. Its very random
  • RSO75
    86 posts Member
    Of course EA can't put new cards without another Barkov in the mix, because we all need another one.
  • If it's random how does every NHL team at the least, not get one nominee.
  • Got this from twitter,

Over the past year we’ve seen unbelievable stories unfold in the world of hockey. From a historic cup run by the St. Louis Blues, to remarkable early season trends from the league’s elite, and European hockey performances that deserve to be recognized and celebrated.

With the EA SPORTS™ NHL® Team of The Year, we will be celebrating the most outstanding performances from the past year in hockey, selecting six players who stood out among the world’s best as the winners of the Team of The Year award.

The Team of The Year players will be awarded with their highest rated Hockey Ultimate Team™ item, and a pair of golden skates, for players, or a mask for the goalie.

The six players - a goalie, two defencemen, a left-wing, right-wing, and center - will be selected from a group of 36 nominees. These nominees have also been selected based on their outstanding performance over the past year in hockey, and earning a spot in this group is an accomplishment in its own right.
  • Interesting.
    Some questionable nominees or non-nominees players and tendies but I guess that's the _ _ logic
  • AreAreZ wrote: »
    Could someone briefly explain the idea of Team of the Year? So there are 36 nominees and 6 of them will be the winners and ovr will be boosted? What's the criteria for selecting the winners?

The criteria is easy.

Whatever 6 players ea already decided to win, get the +8 ovr with quadruple syn points, and if there is a higher rated card than the +8 boost for that player, they'll get boosted further to match it, and any subsequent higher cards.

What ea actually puts into consideration, is a complete mystery however.

For the other nominee's that aren't chosen, they'll be divied up to 5 players per winner (again, no idea of criteria for what nominees go to what winners), and one nominee plus whatever random amount of gold collectibles ea decides, can build the winner. The amount of collectibles required is based on the overall of the winner. Any nominees for that winner will have equal value when put towards their corresponding winner.

Example : kucherov wins LW (total random guess), and the 5 nominees associated with him range from 83 to 87 ovr. The 83 will require the exact same number of collectibles as the 87, to make kucherov. But you can only make kucherov with one of those 5 specific nominee's. Each winner will have 5 specific nominee's that can be used to make that player.

No idea if there will be straight up gold collectibles for totw player, or if you will need a nominee.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4805 posts EA Community Manager
    The countdown and nominees can be found here.

Who are you all rooting for?
  • The countdown and nominees can be found here.

Ovi, Crosby, or Marchand. But only because they're my 3 picks to choose from the pack I got lol.

Although if Crosby wins I'll be happy
    Was contemplating building his msp for the winternational event and held off hoping for a better center option this week.

If ovi wins, I can sell my dynamic duos ovi and replace him.

If Marchand wins, I guess I'll have a high rated rat to play on the wing lol.
  • HDakaMarc
    1 posts New member
    Ola

anyone knows if the Player Positions are locked ?? ore can 3 Center and 2 LV win this challange like

MACKINNON MCDAVID DRAISAITL
    JOSI GIORDANO

ore only the real Positions like

LA OVECHKIN C MCDAVID RA KUCHEROV

LV JOSI RV CARLSON

please help :-))
  • HDakaMarc wrote: »
    Ola

anyone knows if the Player Positions are locked ?? ore can 3 Center and 2 LV win this challange like

MACKINNON MCDAVID DRAISAITL
    JOSI GIORDANO

ore only the real Positions like

LA OVECHKIN C MCDAVID RA KUCHEROV

LV JOSI RV CARLSON

please help :-))

There's one winner per position, and 5 nominees (we don't know which) per winner, that can be used to create the winner with gold collectibles.

LW, rw, c, ld, Rd, g
  • YZ19
    171 posts Member

What happened to the gold skates???
    I've got an ovi and I dont see them
  • @Z0mbieBabyJesus
    There was 2 right defenseman 🤣

@YZ19
    That's probably a good thing for online until they update it... noone will know if it's the toty or any ovi card
  • YZ19 wrote: »

What happened to the gold skates???
    I've got an ovi and I dont see them

I think that it is IRL that the winning players received them. I don’t think it is going to be in the game.
  • inupiaq-x1 wrote: »
    @Z0mbieBabyJesus
    There was 2 right defenseman 🤣

@YZ19
    That's probably a good thing for online until they update it... noone will know if it's the toty or any ovi card

Ya I misunderstood the dman part. But none the less, it was basically that lol.
  • This event was a hard pass for me.

Every Nominee should have started with the same rating and synergies and the ToY should have been a fan vote.

I've picked up every weekly pack since the drop but not these. It was weak EA didn't guarantee a player like they with had previous events. I'd also expect an event you name Team of the Year you'd make those player cards available in packs & sets for the remainder of the year.

This also makes an all-star event stale. Are they not going to have Connor McDavid in an All-star event? Not having Ovechkin in the all-star is fine since he's not going but no McDavid?
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1539 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    This event was a hard pass for me.

Every Nominee should have started with the same rating and synergies and the ToY should have been a fan vote.

I've picked up every weekly pack since the drop but not these. It was weak EA didn't guarantee a player like they with had previous events. I'd also expect an event you name Team of the Year you'd make those player cards available in packs & sets for the remainder of the year.

This also makes an all-star event stale. Are they not going to have Connor McDavid in an All-star event? Not having Ovechkin in the all-star is fine since he's not going but no McDavid?

Outside of lack of information in the beginning, the toty event has been good. 1 tradeable kucherov and an ut ovi and Carlson from 44 gc's isn't bad for 3 basically guaranteed 99 cards.

An average of 14gc per player.
  • YZ19
    171 posts Member
    I'm happy I gambled on ovi, burns and binnington in the auction house last week and nailed all three!!!
  • This event was a hard pass for me.

FAN VOTE? HAHA. This the new EA NHL, not the EA NHL of 3 years ago.