EA Forums - Banner

This game is a joke

1235Next

Replies

• Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Laughlin88 wrote: »
    I love NHL, and I hockey is my favourite sport, I love to play as my own single player. But let me give you EASHL drop in story, wasting 2 straight hours of my time until I just turned off the tv. I tried playing 10 games, the first 3 in a row.. players dropped out and the game cancelled 15 minutes wasted, I got into a game, and my goalie was skating to the blue line EVERY play and constantly gave us penalties... so I quit, and it then was a defenceman the was dancing and lying down after he crossed the blue line while being offside so i quit again, then I got a game where like 5 people were CONSTANTLY fighting and tripping, so I quit, then another couple failed ques because people quit before the game, and FINALLY the last game I found out I got the SAME DAMN GOALIE THAT KEPT SKATING PAST THE BLUELINE. So for 2 hours, i completely wasted my time, threw my controller and almost broke my tv. 10 games, 10 terrible experiences, not one functional game. Drop ins are broken, and something needs to be done about it. That’s the experience this game has given very often, every time i get the game I’m hopeful, but they let me down again and again.

I can completely understand how frustrating of an experience that is and want to let you know the team is fully aware of behavior like that and it's under discussion. While I don't have any news to share right now, EA is taking charge on making gaming environments more friendly by improving ways to report abusive behavior in games. The public reporting tool is mentioned in that article too.

Give the drop in crowd (and there's a lot of us) something more akin to Be A Pro Online, in which performance in drop in games reflects on your career. Untie CR to win/loss, and start grouping people in games by their CR as they advance. Those who can't play well plays down until they can, and those types of people won't be able to affect as many players as they can now.

i think they need to improve CR rating systems to be somewhat accurate. And then create tiers based on CR and have those groups play together. you will eventually move up if you play well or move down if you dont. Which is fine you should be playing with similar skilled players. Don't allow groups in lowest tier. Grow so tired of joining a couple of casual drop in games and basically having trolls ruin the first two games and then the third game I get a premade group of seal clubbers with 850-1000 CR while no one on my entire team is over 400. I've even had competitive games and then see i lose 12-15+ CR. makes ZERO sense. I shouldn't lose a single point. Then I've lost games where all players were essentially the same and i lose even more. makes no sense.

But if they fix it I think they could do more with it and start grouping people. And don't give me "dividing the community" bit either. already done so much to do that and the biggest problem isn't how you are dividing the EASHL community, its how you are killing it. I absolutely guarantee the eashl community (besides the noobs that screw around in drop in all day and are lost) is the smallest its ever been. This game survives on HUT and hockey nuts and little kids that think the new world of chel stuff is "neat". And I bet most of them buy it when it goes on sale 3 months in. You start doing things to improve the EASHL experience and your population will grow.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Why not allow players to "vote to kick" an idiot player within the game? If the said player receives 3 kick votes from his teammates, he's removed from the game.

What if that player isn't an idiot, but rather, he just isn't that good? Or maybe he is having a rough connection for some reason and makes him play poorly? I am most certain he would be vote kicked.

Maybe if it was combined with at least 1 or 2 players from the opposing team the game could consider it a "fair" vote kick.

Goalies would be voted out of a game as soon as they allowed one goal... Never mind that they made 15 crazy saves before that goal. He allows 1 goal, he's a scrub and has to be kicked!

:/

More important than a kick feature, they need to make is so that if the other goalie leaves or if the other team is missing half their players, the game doesn't count. you can keep playing, but stats and results are null and void.

... But in dropins EVERY GAME my teammates are just all over the place ....

Fixed ;)

LOL, dude, check this out. I am not making this up and yet I am sure you have seen it before.

Playing LD in dropins. Facing actually a decent team that are moving the puck around, playing as a team and finding tons of open ice. But check out why lol.

Puck is down low in my corner, so left side. Buuuut, I am fighting for ice and space with BOTH of my wingers. They are constantly swarming around near the corner and are actually shoving me around and constantly out of position. At this point I am fighting more just to stay in position than actually making plays to contribute to the team's defense. Our centerman is scrambling low and high slot just trying to limit the damage in front of the net. But what do you think RD is doing? You guessed it. He sees I am not chasing the puck in the corner like a noob, and he sees me getting shoved around by both my wingers, so he decides "What the hell? No one is chasing the puck in the corner and constantly pulling himself out of position?? Heck, I'll go and chase the puck!!" So at this point, our whole right side is always open without a single defender in sight.

So I get tired of this and decide I will take LW and cover the point seeing as I already have 2 wingers covering my position and RD is fully committing himself down low in the left corner very consistently. And of course the chirping starts. "Good job Teal, they scored. Why you playing up Teal? Cover the D Teal..." bla bla bla.

Yea, we lost 12-2 and only our goalie left and that was on his 2nd goal. He had already enough and knew where the game was going lol. I stuck around just to see how ugly it would get. I wasn't disappointed at all lol.

For once I was actually laughing instead of raging and I just couldn't believe how a team could be such a mess and so disorganized. It was by far the worst lineup in at least the last 2 years I have been playing.

LOL. Good times. :lol:
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Why not allow players to "vote to kick" an idiot player within the game? If the said player receives 3 kick votes from his teammates, he's removed from the game.

What if some players decide to troll and kick you even though you weren't doing anything, or like what was mentioned earlier how a goalie could be kicked for giving up one goal. There are some pros and cons to to it. Maybe a vote kick would need the votes of the other team too? Would they want to vote kick the person on your team if that player was helping them win? Probably not.

Would players try to vote kick people just for laughs? I've seen that in games where those notifications constantly came up and it broke some immersion from the game. Annoying at times too.

I don't touch drop ins anymore as it has just gotten worse since the move to current gen. I'd rather have a vote to kick even if it will be abused, there's no harm in trying when people just quit anyways. Make it so it requires 4 out of 6 votes to kick and scale it accordingly when there isn't a full team. As it is right now, one person can ruin the experience for everyone and they can't do anything but stick it out or leave. You guys need to make an effort to better the community.

Gonna have to agree here. Something needs to be done and at this point, I would think anything is better than nothing. This troll stuff has been happening since 09 so safe to say, it won't go away on its own.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Laughlin88 wrote: »
    I love NHL, and I hockey is my favourite sport, I love to play as my own single player. But let me give you EASHL drop in story, wasting 2 straight hours of my time until I just turned off the tv. I tried playing 10 games, the first 3 in a row.. players dropped out and the game cancelled 15 minutes wasted, I got into a game, and my goalie was skating to the blue line EVERY play and constantly gave us penalties... so I quit, and it then was a defenceman the was dancing and lying down after he crossed the blue line while being offside so i quit again, then I got a game where like 5 people were CONSTANTLY fighting and tripping, so I quit, then another couple failed ques because people quit before the game, and FINALLY the last game I found out I got the SAME DAMN GOALIE THAT KEPT SKATING PAST THE BLUELINE. So for 2 hours, i completely wasted my time, threw my controller and almost broke my tv. 10 games, 10 terrible experiences, not one functional game. Drop ins are broken, and something needs to be done about it. That’s the experience this game has given very often, every time i get the game I’m hopeful, but they let me down again and again.

I can completely understand how frustrating of an experience that is and want to let you know the team is fully aware of behavior like that and it's under discussion. While I don't have any news to share right now, EA is taking charge on making gaming environments more friendly by improving ways to report abusive behavior in games. The public reporting tool is mentioned in that article too.

Give the drop in crowd (and there's a lot of us) something more akin to Be A Pro Online, in which performance in drop in games reflects on your career. Untie CR to win/loss, and start grouping people in games by their CR as they advance. Those who can't play well plays down until they can, and those types of people won't be able to affect as many players as they can now.

i think they need to improve CR rating systems to be somewhat accurate. And then create tiers based on CR and have those groups play together. you will eventually move up if you play well or move down if you dont. Which is fine you should be playing with similar skilled players. Don't allow groups in lowest tier. Grow so tired of joining a couple of casual drop in games and basically having trolls ruin the first two games and then the third game I get a premade group of seal clubbers with 850-1000 CR while no one on my entire team is over 400. I've even had competitive games and then see i lose 12-15+ CR. makes ZERO sense. I shouldn't lose a single point. Then I've lost games where all players were essentially the same and i lose even more. makes no sense.

But if they fix it I think they could do more with it and start grouping people. And don't give me "dividing the community" bit either. already done so much to do that and the biggest problem isn't how you are dividing the EASHL community, its how you are killing it. I absolutely guarantee the eashl community (besides the noobs that screw around in drop in all day and are lost) is the smallest its ever been. This game survives on HUT and hockey nuts and little kids that think the new world of chel stuff is "neat". And I bet most of them buy it when it goes on sale 3 months in. You start doing things to improve the EASHL experience and your population will grow.

This is so beautiful that it literally brought a tear to my eye. Clap clap my friend. Clap clap.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »

What if that player isn't an idiot, but rather, he just isn't that good? Or maybe he is having a rough connection for some reason and makes him play poorly? I am most certain he would be vote kicked.

Maybe if it was combined with at least 1 or 2 players from the opposing team the game could consider it a "fair" vote kick.

Goalies would be voted out of a game as soon as they allowed one goal... Never mind that they made 15 crazy saves before that goal. He allows 1 goal, he's a scrub and has to be kicked!

More important than a kick feature, they need to make is so that if the other goalie leaves or if the other team is missing half their players, the game doesn't count. you can keep playing, but stats and results are null and void.

Fixed ;)

LOL, dude, check this out. I am not making this up and yet I am sure you have seen it before.

Playing LD in dropins. Facing actually a decent team that are moving the puck around, playing as a team and finding tons of open ice. But check out why lol.

Puck is down low in my corner, so left side. Buuuut, I am fighting for ice and space with BOTH of my wingers. They are constantly swarming around near the corner and are actually shoving me around and constantly out of position. At this point I am fighting more just to stay in position than actually making plays to contribute to the team's defense. Our centerman is scrambling low and high slot just trying to limit the damage in front of the net. But what do you think RD is doing? You guessed it. He sees I am not chasing the puck in the corner like a noob, and he sees me getting shoved around by both my wingers, so he decides "What the hell? No one is chasing the puck in the corner and constantly pulling himself out of position?? Heck, I'll go and chase the puck!!" So at this point, our whole right side is always open without a single defender in sight.

So I get tired of this and decide I will take LW and cover the point seeing as I already have 2 wingers covering my position and RD is fully committing himself down low in the left corner very consistently. And of course the chirping starts. "Good job Teal, they scored. Why you playing up Teal? Cover the D Teal..." bla bla bla.

Yea, we lost 12-2 and only our goalie left and that was on his 2nd goal. He had already enough and knew where the game was going lol. I stuck around just to see how ugly it would get. I wasn't disappointed at all lol.

For once I was actually laughing instead of raging and I just couldn't believe how a team could be such a mess and so disorganized. It was by far the worst lineup in at least the last 2 years I have been playing.

And if possible, you would get vote kicked.

I've had games like that where I jump up and play winger and once I score a goal or two the actual wingers catch on and start playing their position. When it works I feel a sense of pride like I taught apes how to use sign language.
  • EA_Aljo
    1636 posts EA Community Manager

This is absolutely a cool idea. I'd love to see something like this happen. Dividing the community is a real possibility though. It would limit your pool of who you can play with. That means it'll be harder to find full games. I think adding the option to be able to play in a lower division might be good also, but limit it to maybe only having 1 or 2 higher level guys playing in a lower-tiered game. Even better if those guys are actually helping the lesser-skilled players with advice and tips.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Fixed ;)

I've had games like that where I jump up and play winger and once I score a goal or two the actual wingers catch on and start playing their position. When it works I feel a sense of pride like I taught apes how to use sign language.

LOL, yea I hear ya. But in any case, I for sure would have been vote kicked. Ironically, only Red and myself were actually trying to play as we are supposed to. The other 3 (Blue, Green and Yellow) were simply destroying everything and wreaking havoc.

Normally I see wingers covering down low for the first couple minutes until they realize I am actually playing D and not pinching as if I were the next Ovechkin. Once they are confident I am covering my position, they stay up and cover the points. These apes however, were just chasing the puck non stop like noobs. Worst part is, for the rare times we actually could get into the O zone, they weren't half bad at all, but of course Red was making them look good, which helps.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

This is absolutely a cool idea. I'd love to see something like this happen. Dividing the community is a real possibility though. It would limit your pool of who you can play with. That means it'll be harder to find full games. I think adding the option to be able to play in a lower division might be good also, but limit it to maybe only having 1 or 2 higher level guys playing in a lower-tiered game. Even better if those guys are actually helping the lesser-skilled players with advice and tips.

i refuse to even get on the mic in public games any more. whats the point. no one would ever listen. more than likely it would be like walking into a room full of drunk , high morons with an average IQ of 50 and trying to explain differential equations. you'd get some sex jokes, some racist jokes, burps and farts and you'd learn what they are going to do to your mother and what you can do to yourself. No thanks.

the main point is most decent to good players won't go near drop in because of the people that are in it and the inherent problems there (like the ice surface, the dumb gear, etc...). Most importantly the trolls. Find ways to solve those problems and drop ins will expand like it was back in nhl 09, 10, etc... And its ok if it divides up the community. In fact thats what people want. Even hardcore club people would like a place to play once in a while when there friends aren't on. I think many of turned to HUT or just not playing. Back in the "good ol days" I swear it was the same few 100 people playing drop ins from the lobbies.

League gaming has expanded and they have there own community. Combine that with club now being an open experience where anyone can play on any team at any time. And you probably don't have as much potential to grow as you did 5 years ago. With the switch to next gen consoles in nhl 15. "IF" these kinds of improvements were done back then and done right it would be thriving right now.

The gameplay engines have had huge improvements and the game is in the best place its been since the move to a next gen. But frankly almost everything else about the game experience is really poor. Time to fix all of that.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

i refuse to even get on the mic in public games any more. whats the point. no one would ever listen. more than likely it would be like walking into a room full of drunk , high morons with an average IQ of 50 and trying to explain differential equations. you'd get some sex jokes, some racist jokes, burps and farts and you'd learn what they are going to do to your mother and what you can do to yourself. No thanks.

the main point is most decent to good players won't go near drop in because of the people that are in it and the inherent problems there (like the ice surface, the dumb gear, etc...). Most importantly the trolls. Find ways to solve those problems and drop ins will expand like it was back in nhl 09, 10, etc... And its ok if it divides up the community. In fact thats what people want. Even hardcore club people would like a place to play once in a while when there friends aren't on. I think many of turned to HUT or just not playing. Back in the "good ol days" I swear it was the same few 100 people playing drop ins from the lobbies.

League gaming has expanded and they have there own community. Combine that with club now being an open experience where anyone can play on any team at any time. And you probably don't have as much potential to grow as you did 5 years ago. With the switch to next gen consoles in nhl 15. "IF" these kinds of improvements were done back then and done right it would be thriving right now.

The gameplay engines have had huge improvements and the game is in the best place its been since the move to a next gen. But frankly almost everything else about the game experience is really poor. Time to fix all of that.

Perfectly said.

Yes it would indeed divide up the community. But that is exactly how it should have been divided, rather than being divided by Ones, 2 modes of 3's, and Battle-Royal esque modes. So either way, the community would/will be divided, but it currently is not divided in the appropriate way, IMO.

Leaving and arcade/sim hybrid mode of EASHL while also incorporating a more real-life hockey set of rules mode would have by far been the best way to divide the community while providing an outlet to a wider audience to eventually purchase the game.

As it stands, almost every game mode plays the same except for arcade 3's and it's been this way for as long as i remember. Sales are almost always the same, and the game is almost always the same. Maybe time to change it up and try something different while not removing what some players want??

Fixed ;)

LOL, yea I hear ya. But in any case, I for sure would have been vote kicked. Ironically, only Red and myself were actually trying to play as we are supposed to. The other 3 (Blue, Green and Yellow) were simply destroying everything and wreaking havoc.

Normally I see wingers covering down low for the first couple minutes until they realize I am actually playing D and not pinching as if I were the next Ovechkin. Once they are confident I am covering my position, they stay up and cover the points. These apes however, were just chasing the puck non stop like noobs. Worst part is, for the rare times we actually could get into the O zone, they weren't half bad at all, but of course Red was making them look good, which helps.

Yeah I've also seen the wingers start staying further up once they see you are a responsible dman. As a rule when playing dman I'll pass the first 2-3 times I get the puck in the offensive zone so they know they can trust me to not throw turnover turds every time I get a whiff of the puck. They usually start sending me more passes after that.
  • It's just that everyone is always chasing the puck. This game is built on that foundation! Having the puck is all that matters. And if you don't have it, you better be pressing all the buttons to get it back.

I don't care if there would only be the same 32 people in a lobby with hard core settings. As long as those same 32 people know how to play hockey and they keep playing, so will I.

Again, hard core players don't care about the results, we care about the journey.
    jrago73 wrote: »

Fixed ;)

Yeah I've also seen the wingers start staying further up once they see you are a responsible dman. As a rule when playing dman I'll pass the first 2-3 times I get the puck in the offensive zone so they know they can trust me to not throw turnover turds every time I get a whiff of the puck. They usually start sending me more passes after that.

Yea I use a similar approach. If everyone is clogging the slot, I'll just whip it down low into the corner for one of my open wingers. Once defenders catch on to that, I'll start using one-timers as generally they start to open lanes to the net when they adapt to my passing. As a by-product, if my winger starts to feel like there is too much pressure, he'll whip it up the boards to me. With a give-and-take play style, you tend to touch the puck a bit more.
  • EA_Aljo
    1636 posts EA Community Manager

People acting that way on the mic goes back to the beginnings of playing online, regardless of the game. It's still not something everyone does though. There are some genuinely good guys in drop-ins that are willing to communicate maturely. I've met a lot of great people this way. I just pick and choose who I talk to and always encouraging at first. They at least deserve a chance. When someone is being annoying, it's easy enough to mute them. I just always keep an open mind. If I didn't, I wouldn't have the friends I play with now. Some of them I met more than 10 years ago in drop-ins and count them amongst the best of friends I have.

I agree that it would be fantastic to have a way to raise your chances of getting into games with quality people. EA has been taking a big stance on reducing toxicity so hopefully things improve sooner than later.
  • And what stance is that? I've seen nothing changed.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited February 10
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

People acting that way on the mic goes back to the beginnings of playing online, regardless of the game. It's still not something everyone does though. There are some genuinely good guys in drop-ins that are willing to communicate maturely. I've met a lot of great people this way. I just pick and choose who I talk to and always encouraging at first. They at least deserve a chance. When someone is being annoying, it's easy enough to mute them. I just always keep an open mind. If I didn't, I wouldn't have the friends I play with now. Some of them I met more than 10 years ago in drop-ins and count them amongst the best of friends I have.

I agree that it would be fantastic to have a way to raise your chances of getting into games with quality people. EA has been taking a big stance on reducing toxicity so hopefully things improve sooner than later.

The simplest way would be to give users a blacklist where they can put people they don't want to match up with again. At least for 1v1 games. It works well for games like Street Fighter 5 where initially there was a huge issue with people griefing others. Once the blacklist system was implemented, it got a lot better, though it didn't "solve" the problem per se.

For clubs, give people a "user rating" option. For the most part, it might get ignored, but it will definitely be used when you meet up with trolls as usually people are quicker to point out something that annoys them than something they found to be a good experience. The higher your rating, the more stars you get next to your name. People will then be able to tell at a glance if someone is a good player (5 star rating, for example) versus someone who's a bad player. And then they can decide if they want to play with them or not.