EA Forums - Banner

Back after a few years.

I gave in and bought this hot trash. Its actually worse than i remember. Looks pretty much the exact same. The commentary is way worse... after 2 games i've heard the same crap over and over. I can't imagine anyone thinks the snoop dog crap is anything but cringey.

EA still doesnt know how to write AI so they have to use magnet stick AI. If im even relatively close to anyone i lose the puck... if there is ever a scramble over a loose puck it goes straight to the AI right on the tape. They seem to use some checking form that i cant use. Poke checking is a penalty half the time, even if the stick doesnt even touch them. There is no chance a pass is getting passed anyone if they are relatively close to it, which would be fine but they get full control of the puck every time... never just knock a pass away.

You would think making the same game for 20 years you would get pretty good at it. Please god let someone else make an NHL game

Replies

• But they think it's in a good place ,so they won't fix any of the things you described ,but hey we got new celebrations
  • nyi95
    136 posts Member
    It's a great game if ur an insomniac. Plug it in, start playing, i guarantee you'll be asleep before the 2nd period ends. So there's that at least.
  • But they think it's in a good place ,so they won't fix any of the things you described ,but hey we got new celebrations

Don't forget all those people on Twitter and Facebook that tell EA the game was too hard and they're happy with how it is now. Millions of them compared to the 10 or so of us on these forums that keep complaining year after year that the game is a mess.

Game is in a good place gameplay wise and will never change.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    But they think it's in a good place ,so they won't fix any of the things you described ,but hey we got new celebrations

Don't forget all those people on Twitter and Facebook that tell EA the game was too hard and they're happy with how it is now. Millions of them compared to the 10 or so of us on these forums that keep complaining year after year that the game is a mess.

Game is in a good place gameplay wise and will never change.

Nope...not until they start seeing profits drop, or they get competition
  • I think I might be done too. I had 3 goals in 2 back to back games. Half their team quits and I lose because CPU always wins. I swear if you go up early in a drop in game, they will always quit, and you will almost always lose. Human vs CPU goalie makes this even worse! EA will never respond to problems about their AI. They know it's a huge issue and won't say or do ANYTHING about it. The games in a good place apparently! I want to see a team of developers (with a goalie) face off against 2 humans and 4 CPU. I would pay to watch this!!! I just wanna see developers play the game period because they HAVE to be playing a different game if they think this is in a good place! Do they have video of them testing stuff? Facing CPU? Looking into the ai? Can I see the OVR of these CPU players in drop in? Can I see their ability to intercept passes? Or poke check? This is such a glaring problem. You can't find a way to make them position well so you boost the stats and call it good?

I finally got my friends to play again tonight and now none of us want to play anymore. We got up by 3 goals in nearly every game and finished the night 3-4 due to the CPU just finding ways to beat us. At this point the best option is to get up and then stall the game until it's over which sounds like a whole lot of fun!
  • I think I might be done too. I had 3 goals in 2 back to back games. Half their team quits and I lose because CPU always wins. I swear if you go up early in a drop in game, they will always quit, and you will almost always lose. Human vs CPU goalie makes this even worse! EA will never respond to problems about their AI. They know it's a huge issue and won't say or do ANYTHING about it. The games in a good place apparently! I want to see a team of developers (with a goalie) face off against 2 humans and 4 CPU. I would pay to watch this!!! I just wanna see developers play the game period because they HAVE to be playing a different game if they think this is in a good place! Do they have video of them testing stuff? Facing CPU? Looking into the ai? Can I see the OVR of these CPU players in drop in? Can I see their ability to intercept passes? Or poke check? This is such a glaring problem. You can't find a way to make them position well so you boost the stats and call it good?

I finally got my friends to play again tonight and now none of us want to play anymore. We got up by 3 goals in nearly every game and finished the night 3-4 due to the CPU just finding ways to beat us. At this point the best option is to get up and then stall the game until it's over which sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Yes, you are right, AI players are scoring game winning goals and you are punished because you decided to stay in the game. You cannot compete with them, because of their reaction time and speed. There is a way how to defend them, but problem is that this is Drop-In game and you are playing the game with random teammates. If there is just only one who doesn't know how to play against them, you lost. Even if you know how to play against them, their reaction time allows them to do multiple rebounds in front of the net and you cannot stop them. If you have AI defender on your side, he is just only staying out of position and watching how the puck goes into the back of the net. It ruins the game completely.

• Good point vnkt. Wish we had their version of the game they're playing. It sure as hell isn't the one we're playing. I love all these song and dance answers when they respond. Always makes me wonder," what bloody game are they looking at?"
  • Kmahrle83
    367 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    nyi95 wrote: »
    Good point vnkt. Wish we had their version of the game they're playing. It sure as hell isn't the one we're playing. I love all these song and dance answers when they respond. Always makes me wonder," what bloody game are they looking at?"

Their responses are basically all defending the game in some form or another. Youll never see any of them admit flaws...they either try to blame it on user error, or explain why were just wrong. It would go a long way if they just cut the EA pr crap. What i wouldn't give to speak to an ex member of this dev team and get real answers since hed no longer be afraid to answer truthfully because they arwnt afraid of ea firing them anymore.

I made a long post the other day about how we know they dont admit wrong or tell us the truth because ea wouldn't let them. I dont believe in tilt per say but do you honestly believe if it was in, ea would let them tell us? Nope. Just like how i believe the game is def programmed in such a way to kinda push you towards buying packs but theyd obviously deny that. These devs we talk to are just doing their jobs. Too bad EA is the video game company equivalent of el chapo and the sinaloa cartel.

Sadly though after that post, ea kinda stopped answering in that thread.
  • nyi95
    136 posts Member
    Well kmah, ur right obviously. They do have higher ups telling them how they want it. I know that. In the end, its just a video game, right? I guess we have to accept the fact that it is what it is. Not much we can do about it. Simple choice for everyone is to buy or not to buy. Was kinda fun there for a while.
  • nyi95 wrote: »
    Well kmah, ur right obviously. They do have higher ups telling them how they want it. I know that. In the end, its just a video game, right? I guess we have to accept the fact that it is what it is. Not much we can do about it. Simple choice for everyone is to buy or not to buy. Was kinda fun there for a while.

Yeah, pretty much done too with this travesty of a game. I gave it a fair shot, but the last straw came 4 days ago when I tried to play a drop in, 1st shot on net, I come out to take away the angle, puck hits my glove and bounces directly into my net.

Nope...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Yeah, pretty much done too with this travesty of a game. I gave it a fair shot, but the last straw came 4 days ago when I tried to play a drop in, 1st shot on net, I come out to take away the angle, puck hits my glove and bounces directly into my net.

Nope...

thats one of the biggest complaints I have with goalies (as a player not a goalie which i will never play)

it feels like a couple of years ago they tried to add "realism" with goalie physics. Now tons of pucks just trickle through for goals. guys that are 50 feet away with nothing but open ice and they rip a shot, especially from the boards, and unless they put it right into the belly of the goalie or miss the net there's actually a good chance it bounces off goalie and right into the net.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Nope...

thats one of the biggest complaints I have with goalies (as a player not a goalie which i will never play)

it feels like a couple of years ago they tried to add "realism" with goalie physics. Now tons of pucks just trickle through for goals. guys that are 50 feet away with nothing but open ice and they rip a shot, especially from the boards, and unless they put it right into the belly of the goalie or miss the net there's actually a good chance it bounces off goalie and right into the net.

To be fair, I played that last game after having won my last 4 Rivals matches and having to suffer EA goals in every match. My 5th rivals match I was up 3-0, I had held my opponent to just 4 shots after 2 periods. Not even five minutes into the 3rd period, he takes his 5th shot of the game in the SAME exact way he took the other four; skate over the blue line, wiggle and flick up. My 91 ovr WinterNational Pekka Rinne does a split save, puck hits his glove and bounces back into the net.

Nope...

Then I play drop-in and the SAME exact goal happens to me.

Nope x 1 million...

Waiting for the "patch" that will NEVER happen so that I don't have to re-install this crap. I'll be playing NBA 2K20, F1 2019 and about 150 other games I have installed on my Xbox One X that are worthy of my time.