EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Just another dropin game

wt3eztbeqg7z.jpg

Surprisingly only their goalie quit. Save percentages around 20%. Good old pond hockey.

Replies

• wt3eztbeqg7z.jpg

Surprisingly only their goalie quit. Save percentages around 20%. Good old pond hockey.

wow, 18 goals lol.

I see on the bottom left of the screen, a player named S. Awoody. I am sure that is a friendly family oriented name lol.
  • wt3eztbeqg7z.jpg

wow, 18 goals lol.

I see on the bottom left of the screen, a player named S. Awoody. I am sure that is a friendly family oriented name lol.

Imagine the ban list if they looked at player/ club names. Some mods suggest they play this game, if they do they're definitely not worried about racist or sexual names!
  • Socair
    2371 posts Game Changer
    wt3eztbeqg7z.jpg

wow, 18 goals lol.

Imagine the ban list if they looked at player/ club names. Some mods suggest they play this game, if they do they're definitely not worried about racist or sexual names!

PM me pictures or club links of any inappropriate club or player names you guys come across. Include console type if it’s a picture.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • lmao do you snowflakes really get offended by these names? I laugh, I think they're hilarious.
  • lmao do you snowflakes really get offended by these names? I laugh, I think they're hilarious.
    Wee wee jokes are funny..but flat out ignorant racist team names, player names/characters.. are just flat out disgusting...not humorous at all.

I'm not a snowflake but I also don't find most of these names funny because I'm not 12... Same way I don't find drawing private parts funny.

Yeah... Naming your player Amanda Huggenkis is one thing. Naming your player something blatantly racist or sexually oriented is the opposite of "funny".
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited January 27
    lmao do you snowflakes really get offended by these names? I laugh, I think they're hilarious.

Nah, I don't get offended. Actually, sometimes I cannot believe the creativity of some people when coming up with their names. Where it can get irritating for me is when it is blatantly racist. Of course you have to combine those names with the Hulkamania black players and you certainly know what I mean.

But, you also have to take into account there are 7 year olds playing this game. While what those kids see is not my problem and they do have parents, at the same time, why be part of the problem and make parent's jobs more complicated about filtering what their kids see?

Oddly enough though, I have seen about 3 players using the exact same name, and I don't know why it isn't banned, or still an option to chose: Adolph ****.

• boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited January 27
    lmao do you snowflakes really get offended by these names? I laugh, I think they're hilarious.

Nah, I don't get offended. Actually, sometimes I cannot believe the creativity of some people when coming up with their names. Where it can get irritating for me is when it is blatantly racist. Of course you have to combine those names with the Hulkamania black players and you certainly know what I mean.

But, you also have to take into account there are 7 year olds playing this game. While what those kids see is not my problem and they do have parents, at the same time, why be part of the problem and make parent's jobs more complicated about filtering what their kids see?

Oddly enough though, I have seen about 3 players using the exact same name, and I don't know why it isn't banned, or still an option to chose: Adolph ****.

For the 7 years old part of your comment, the game is rated 10+, so it is already a red flag that maybe they shouldn’t play that game. That aside, I don’t believe that a parent should let their kids play any game online without any supervision, unless they are totally fine with them seeing all those things. It’s like anywhere on the internet, there’s thing that they should see until they reach a certain maturity and it is the job of the parent to judge when it is appropriate for their child. I spent a lot of time online (gaming and other stuffs) when I was a kid, but my parents would check from time to time and explain what’s right or not. I’ve seen weird stuff happens and it was not always adult starting it, some kids/teenagers can be very mean and irresponsible. It can turn bad really quick if the parents don’t bother looking at what they do. Anyway, that’s just my opinion. I still think that if the names are just racist, sexist or any other ***ist, they shouldn’t be allowed.

For the 7 years old part of your comment, the game is rated 10+, so it is already a red flag that maybe they shouldn’t play that game. That aside, I don’t believe that a parent should let their kids play any game online without any supervision, unless they are totally fine with them seeing all those things. It’s like anywhere on the internet, there’s thing that they should see until they reach a certain maturity and it is the job of the parent to judge when it is appropriate for their child. I spent a lot of time online (gaming and other stuffs) when I was a kid, but my parents would check from time to time and explain what’s right or not. I’ve seen weird stuff happens and it was not always adult starting it, some kids/teenagers can be very mean and irresponsible. It can turn bad really quick if the parents don’t bother looking at what they do. Anyway, that’s just my opinion. I still think that if the names are just racist, sexist or any other ***ist, they shouldn’t be allowed.

7 years old or 10+, who cares? In either case, 7 or 10 it is still not acceptable to see all the racism and sexual innuendo we see in this game.

You completely ignore where I say while it isn't our job to filter what children see, why be part of the problem and use stupid and childish names?? Also, who cares if it's a 12 year old or a 75 year old that starts it? Isn't the end result/problem not the same??

Also, while yes it is the parent's jobs to filter and verify, you also might like to take into account that while their child is playing a hockey game, they are not necessarily expecting their child to see 79 different variations and creative ways of describing reproductive organs or sexual acts in a sports environment.

It is simple really. Either you are part of the problem and use those kinds of names, or you are not part of the problem and use at least minimal respect that contributes to a better environment for everyone.

I guarantee you over the years EA is perfectly aware of all the "adult" innuendo this game offers online and consequently, because of it, the game should get a mature rating for its online portion, or, get better filtering and remove it. Of course, how many sales would be lost if the game had a "mature" rating???
  • EA_Blueberry
    2854 posts EA Community Manager
    I've posted this article in another thread before that some of you might have seen. EA takes toxicity like this in games very seriously and is dedicated in improving reporting tools and ways to limit abuse, harassment, inappropriate names/content, and toxicity in games.

Our public reporting tool can be found here. Continue to report them via in game as well. Here is how to do that: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

There are filters in our games but players will unfortunately find ways to get around them by adding certain characters, spaces, dashes, etc. If you find anything you deem inappropriate, please report them to our teams for review.

Thank you for your concerns and any help you send our way on maintaining a friendly gaming atmosphere.