EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

PROOF this NHL Series is trash

The Fastest Skater Competition revealed a small detail but it exposes a complete ineptitude on EA’s part and lack of quality control. It’s one of the many reasons I didn’t buy the game this year and won’t for the foreseeable future.

Chris Kreider is in his EIGHTH season and if you read ONE scouting report or watched ONE game you can see that he is EASILY one of the fastest skaters in the NHL but as of a few months ago at least he was sitting at an 89 SPEED which is ridiculous. HERE ARE THE TOP SPEEDS From TONIGHTS FASTEST SKATER COMP vs their NHL rating

1- Barzel - 13.175 93 speed
2- McDavid - 13.215 96 speed
3- KREIDER - 13.509 89 SPEED
4- Eichel - 13.540 90 speed
5- MacKinnon - 13.895 93 speed

Looks like there are a few inaccuracies and that’s just the speed on a handful of players. Seriously though it’s almost ten years going on here with the Kreider issue. Get it together

Replies

• Being a Rangers fan I totally agree with you and I've been also saying this for a while..just like the Captain's ICON card is laughable at some of his ratings......good post
  • Brogers2487
    62 posts Member
    edited January 25
    I think Roberto Luongo was a 98 overall until he left Vancouver. The sedin twins were always in the high 90s too. I don't think bergeron or Rask got to 90+ until like 2015. They have always been bias with the ratings
  • There is a big difference between skating without the puck in a competition and skating in a game. Not saying that they didnt mess up the numbers Eichel, McDavid, Barzal and McKinnon have all made people look stupid with their speed and Kreider doesn't on a normal basis.
  • I think Roberto Luongo was a 98 overall until he left Vancouver. The sedin twins were always in the high 90s too. I don't think bergeron or Rask got to 90+ until like 2015. They have always been bias with the ratings

Lol no they haven't. Luongo was like a 93 at best and the Sedins got to like 93 the in 2012 and they never even had the best passing in the game.

Also it's the fastest skater competition, McDavid didn't even go 100% because he's still playing it safe with his PCL tear (why ruin your knee on a meaningless competition?). These guys aren't consistently going 100 in game, with or without the puck. Should Kreider have more speed? Sure. But the other ratings are absolutely fine.
  • Agreed Speed for Kreider should get a boost but everything is good
  • .3 that’s 3 tenths of a second apart shouldn’t equal 5 speed point if you will, again watch a real game before you comment.
  • Small part of a humongous problem I agree with Fano.
  • In any case, I do not know how many ratings are off just to increase a player's overall rating. Some ratings are inflated to get the higher overall rating. People have been saying this for at least the last 10 years on these forums.
  • de4c0n_fr05t
    436 posts Member
    edited January 28
    He's also 6'3 and 220 lbs

When I make a 6'3, 220 lb Power Forward in Chel he's slow.
    Why? Because we have a watered down customization system.
    We need to have it similar to last gen where you can edit & adjust everything.

custom-attributes.jpg
    Post edited by de4c0n_fr05t on
  • Try Paul Byron...