EA Forums - Banner

What a joke.

Seriously EA? The holding forehand and gliding with the puck. You still can't bump players off the puck? Poke check and stick lift are also useless because they literally still get the puck right back like nothing happens. The only option is to literally just sit in front of your net and block shots. There's no defense.

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3213 posts EA Community Manager
    SturmWolfe wrote: »
    Seriously EA? The holding forehand and gliding with the puck. You still can't bump players off the puck? Poke check and stick lift are also useless because they literally still get the puck right back like nothing happens. The only option is to literally just sit in front of your net and block shots. There's no defense.

A player gliding and holding the puck on their forehand can be hit, poked and lifted. The puck isn't always going to go back to them. It depends on how you hit them or the puck, the speed at which players and the puck are moving. Stick lifts depend on positioning greatly. You'll knock the puck loose, but the player that picks it up is often the one in better position to do so. Player ratings also matter.
  • SturmWolfe
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

A player gliding and holding the puck on their forehand can be hit, poked and lifted. The puck isn't always going to go back to them. It depends on how you hit them or the puck, the speed at which players and the puck are moving. Stick lifts depend on positioning greatly. You'll knock the puck loose, but the player that picks it up is often the one in better position to do so. Player ratings also matter.

What if you are in a better position than them? What if you hit them at a speed that is greater than they are skating and they just sit there?

It's obvious this has been an issue for YEARS but nothing has been done to fix it.

The variables of puck possession favour offense than defense. All the offensive player has to do is just hold the right stick to the side and have their back towards your player. They do that and skate around the back of the net getting bumped without even budging once. After multiple attempts at hitting them, the puck just moves in the direction of where they skate. Even though if you hit someone in real life the puck isn't always going to do that.

It's as if the player with puck possession has an invisible magnetic barrier around them. Often times you just bounce off of them.

It's constantly displayed and complained about. Something needs to be done.

Not to mention the push against the boards doesn't work half the time. So, you end up with them just skating away and getting an easy one timer from behind the net because your other defensive players aren't defending properly either.

This is what I think. It solely depends on your connection. If your opponent has a better connection. Your hits or stick checks don't register properly.

Has EA ever looked at the possibility of desync?
    It happens in every game online and many developers patch games to compensate for those discrepancies.

I often find that my skaters who have 99 ovr skating ability skate around like they have cement blocks tied to the back of their skates. Even when they are fresh on a line change. Yet my opponent just skates way faster and recovers from getting checked. They get hit, lose the puck, I'm closer to the puck, but they still somehow skate quicker to get the puck back.

I've been playing this game for years. I've been division 1 and play hut champions regularly but every year the game just keeps getting worse in quality.
  • EA_Aljo
    3213 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

What if you are in a better position than them? What if you hit them at a speed that is greater than they are skating and they just sit there?

It's obvious this has been an issue for YEARS but nothing has been done to fix it.

The variables of puck possession favour offense than defense. All the offensive player has to do is just hold the right stick to the side and have their back towards your player. They do that and skate around the back of the net getting bumped without even budging once. After multiple attempts at hitting them, the puck just moves in the direction of where they skate. Even though if you hit someone in real life the puck isn't always going to do that.

It's as if the player with puck possession has an invisible magnetic barrier around them. Often times you just bounce off of them.

It's constantly displayed and complained about. Something needs to be done.

Not to mention the push against the boards doesn't work half the time. So, you end up with them just skating away and getting an easy one timer from behind the net because your other defensive players aren't defending properly either.

This is what I think. It solely depends on your connection. If your opponent has a better connection. Your hits or stick checks don't register properly.

Has EA ever looked at the possibility of desync?
    It happens in every game online and many developers patch games to compensate for those discrepancies.

I often find that my skaters who have 99 ovr skating ability skate around like they have cement blocks tied to the back of their skates. Even when they are fresh on a line change. Yet my opponent just skates way faster and recovers from getting checked. They get hit, lose the puck, I'm closer to the puck, but they still somehow skate quicker to get the puck back.

I've been playing this game for years. I've been division 1 and play hut champions regularly but every year the game just keeps getting worse in quality.

If they are holding their stick to side and skating around you, they are using their anticipation of your move to do so. Just like you can do the same. If you think they're going to glide around, go to where they're going, not where they are. Good defensive play relies on anticipation of what your opponent is going to do. Guys holding the puck to the side aren't invulnerable, but they are harder to hit if they turn away from you. This needs to be anticipated so you can land your hit better. The puck is going to move in the direction it's heading until something stops it. We don't force the puck to continue moving in a direction that it shouldn't.

I have seen videos of the "bubble". In almost every instance it's happening due to the defender hitting a player that is moving away from them. You need to make good contact with enough opposing force to land a good hit. Hitting requires skill. You can't just graze someone and send them flying. If you have any video of hits you think should have landed better, let us know. We always want to see these as they provide some excellent feedback.

When you say pushing against the boards doesn't work, are you talking about holding Y/Triangle to boardplay?

Connection quality can play a role. We can go through some connection troubleshooting. Are you frequently lagging or disconnecting? Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

We always want to resolve any desync issues as soon as we can. They've come up in the past and have been addressed.

Can you get me some video of slower players outskating faster players? If you're checking guys along the boards and they're getting the puck back first, it's because you're trying to skate through their downed body. Switch to another player or skate around them. Even if they pick up the puck, you still have time to angle yourself for a stick lift or poke.