EA Forums - Banner

Kicked for poor team play

Prev1
This is not working well. I never see terrible players kicked. I just got kicked out of a 6-6 overtime game for getting my 2nd penalty. I had 3 goals and 1 assist. I was rw and had to take some face offs when center was in the box. Lost a few. This is absolute nonsense. Meanwhile a goalie can skate out of the net or a d go offside and stay the whole game.

Replies

• In fact. Every single time i have been kicked for poor team play I've had a hat trick and a helper or two. Why is the game kicking the best player on the team? Fix this garbage.
  • EA_Aljo
    3213 posts EA Community Manager
    In fact. Every single time i have been kicked for poor team play I've had a hat trick and a helper or two. Why is the game kicking the best player on the team? Fix this garbage.

If you're getting kicked, it means your teamplay grade is dropping to an F. Not passing, going offside and taking a lot of penalties will lower your grade and run the risk of getting kicked. Be a better team player other than scoring/assisting and you shouldn't get kicked.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    In fact. Every single time i have been kicked for poor team play I've had a hat trick and a helper or two. Why is the game kicking the best player on the team? Fix this garbage.

If you're getting kicked, it means your teamplay grade is dropping to an F. Not passing, going offside and taking a lot of penalties will lower your grade and run the risk of getting kicked. Be a better team player other than scoring/assisting and you shouldn't get kicked.

What you said isn't really the full truth. It's way more complicated, rarely accurate. the system seems to be broken. I see guys that do everything wrong and almost never get kicked. The offsides grade degradation has back fired. Trolls use this to get others kicked. I've seen trolls take 10 -15 pim, go offsides, never pass ever, never play their position (usually d) giving up many goals, blah blah blah... No kicking. Seen goalies that just come out of the net and take penalties and give up goals out if the net no kicking until they do it like 10 times. Seriously if a goalie leaves the net and takes a penalty they should be kicked or at least kicked if it happens twice. Why even let them do it, so dumb. And really dumb that goalie gets a penalty, which he doesn't serve, for skating to mid ice.

I've been kicked early in games we were winning where I've been responsible for all the goals, let's say 2 goals 3 assists, for taking two penalties and they score on both. Playing drop in pretty much assures there will be some offsides. I may have a couple of those.

The main point is system doesn't at all so what it's intended and since after like 6 years you still can't get it right and causes way more harm then good? Get rid of it. That goes for the grading system as well. Horrible. Especially since each position and each build all seem to have different criteria. Basic results in certain situations being an easier kick than others.

I would say 85% if legit people getting kicked are getting kicked got going idle at some point. I don't know the exact timing of the mechanism but it seems if I ever sit idle for more than 5 secs I'm basically at an F grade and will be kicked the next time I do anything even slightly wrong. End result you may have kicked the best player simply because he got distracted for 10-15 secs while in box just before penalty ended. Again another poorly implemented part of this game. All the things you let people get away with but being idle for 10 to 20 seconds nope that can't happen.

So whats that tell you?

What it tells me is the grading system is poorly designed.

I have first hand experience for being kicked for seemingly small things.

The idea is good we definitely need a kick system, we don't want AFK players all game or trolls who can go off-side all the time... but it needs some polish.
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

What you said isn't really the full truth. It's way more complicated, rarely accurate. the system seems to be broken. I see guys that do everything wrong and almost never get kicked. The offsides grade degradation has back fired. Trolls use this to get others kicked. I've seen trolls take 10 -15 pim, go offsides, never pass ever, never play their position (usually d) giving up many goals, blah blah blah... No kicking. Seen goalies that just come out of the net and take penalties and give up goals out if the net no kicking until they do it like 10 times. Seriously if a goalie leaves the net and takes a penalty they should be kicked or at least kicked if it happens twice. Why even let them do it, so dumb. And really dumb that goalie gets a penalty, which he doesn't serve, for skating to mid ice.

I've been kicked early in games we were winning where I've been responsible for all the goals, let's say 2 goals 3 assists, for taking two penalties and they score on both. Playing drop in pretty much assures there will be some offsides. I may have a couple of those.

The main point is system doesn't at all so what it's intended and since after like 6 years you still can't get it right and causes way more harm then good? Get rid of it. That goes for the grading system as well. Horrible. Especially since each position and each build all seem to have different criteria. Basic results in certain situations being an easier kick than others.

I would say 85% if legit people getting kicked are getting kicked got going idle at some point. I don't know the exact timing of the mechanism but it seems if I ever sit idle for more than 5 secs I'm basically at an F grade and will be kicked the next time I do anything even slightly wrong. End result you may have kicked the best player simply because he got distracted for 10-15 secs while in box just before penalty ended. Again another poorly implemented part of this game. All the things you let people get away with but being idle for 10 to 20 seconds nope that can't happen.

How are trolls using offside to get others kicked? Your grade drops quickly if there's a delayed offside and you don't get back over the blue line and going offside a lot in general drops your grade, but I don't see how that is causing others to be kicked. Can you give me some details on that? Offside calls are going to happen, but if you're the one frequently causing that, it's going to make your chances of getting kicked that much higher.

The anti-griefing system certainly has room for improvement, but it shouldn't be kicking people that don't deserve it. How often are you getting kicked? If your teamplay is good, you should be able to stay in the game. Next time it happens, can you get me a screenshot of the coach feedback?

How are trolls using offside to get others kicked? Your grade drops quickly if there's a delayed offside and you don't get back over the blue line and going offside a lot in general drops your grade, but I don't see how that is causing others to be kicked. Can you give me some details on that? Offside calls are going to happen, but if you're the one frequently causing that, it's going to make your chances of getting kicked that much higher.

The anti-griefing system certainly has room for improvement, but it shouldn't be kicking people that don't deserve it. How often are you getting kicked? If your teamplay is good, you should be able to stay in the game. Next time it happens, can you get me a screenshot of the coach feedback?

It's drop in so usually a bad scene anyway. I would say once every 20 games. When you average 2000 games a year, it adds up.

I don't know for sure but assumed when you are entering the zone at the last second troll turns away causing you to go offsides and then passes you the puck to intentionally call offsides you get hit on your team play. I know when I have a troll going off sides all the time he won't get kicked unless I pass it to him a bunch when he does it. That idea has two reasons the first I stated the second to get a faceoff where he's forced back out of the zone.

Btw you are speaking logic but your logic doesn't line up to how the anti griefing system actually works. Hence why everyone agrees it's broken. A troll can spend 10-15 minutes of the game sitting offsides never get kicked but if you go idle for a 15 seconds you're basically gone.

Back to my statement about getting rid of the system if we can get it working and it's causing way more harm than good.

as usual this is also something that EA has put out zero information in the game explaining how it works so we really have no idea. Just making guesses based on extensive experience in game.
  • EA_Aljo

It's drop in so usually a bad scene anyway. I would say once every 20 games. When you average 2000 games a year, it adds up.

I don't know for sure but assumed when you are entering the zone at the last second troll turns away causing you to go offsides and then passes you the puck to intentionally call offsides you get hit on your team play. I know when I have a troll going off sides all the time he won't get kicked unless I pass it to him a bunch when he does it. That idea has two reasons the first I stated the second to get a faceoff where he's forced back out of the zone.

Btw you are speaking logic but your logic doesn't line up to how the anti griefing system actually works. Hence why everyone agrees it's broken. A troll can spend 10-15 minutes of the game sitting offsides never get kicked but if you go idle for a 15 seconds you're basically gone.

Back to my statement about getting rid of the system if we can get it working and it's causing way more harm than good.

as usual this is also something that EA has put out zero information in the game explaining how it works so we really have no idea. Just making guesses based on extensive experience in game.[/quote]

I haven't heard of people trolling by forcing you to go offside and then passing to you. I'll keep an eye out for it, but so far, this is the first I've heard of it.

I agree it would be good to have details on how this system works, but when we do that, it also runs the risk of having people learn just how much they can get away with to still be effective trolls.

I'll pass on the feedback. They shouldn't be able to stay offside that long as it quickly gives them a bad teamplay grade which will get them kicked. Thanks for the input.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1184 posts Member
    edited January 2020

as usual this is also something that EA has put out zero information in the game explaining how it works so we really have no idea. Just making guesses based on extensive experience in game.

I haven't heard of people trolling by forcing you to go offside and then passing to you. I'll keep an eye out for it, but so far, this is the first I've heard of it.

I agree it would be good to have details on how this system works, but when we do that, it also runs the risk of having people learn just how much they can get away with to still be effective trolls.

I'll pass on the feedback. They shouldn't be able to stay offside that long as it quickly gives them a bad teamplay grade which will get them kicked. Thanks for the input.[/quote]

from my experience if the puck carrier doesn't ever actually go off sides, it doesn't seem to penalize them. so many people just keep skating in circles waiting like he's ever going to come back. I just pass it to them and get the offsides fast. get a new faceoff and hope you can get the puck in the zone before them.

also, the most important part is NOT kicking good players. there is way too much penalty for taking actual penalties and like I said it seems to be different for different positions and builds. standardize that. and most importantly stop kicking people for going idle for 15-20 seconds. Its not really solving any problem other than the once in a million chance someone goes afk for like 20 mins. so make the idle timer much longer. I don't care if you tell us exactly what it is but you should have to be idle for like 1-2 mins.

See this simple isnt true. Yes it means my team play is low but there are factors that can affect that far too negatively. I was making passes, not going offside and as I mentioned I only had 2 penalties, 1 in the first and the one in OT that got me kicked. My team play dropped because of losing some faceoffs when my center was in the box. And I am quite certain this game counts a face off loss as a turnover in addition to just being a face off loss.

I'm a 1000+ cr player, I know how to play good hockey. The system is broken. I've seen intentional trolls able to stay the entire game while racking up penalties and offsides.
  • I am not making this up at all, and yet, here goes:

I saw a troll in ONE single game of 6v6 EASHL do the following:

Stayed offside on his stomach, swinging his stick around for roughly 7 minutes of gameplay. Our forwards tried many times to circle back and keep the play alive hoping this dolt would wake up and actually start playing. So, maybe 3 offsides in that span.

He got tired of this, so for the entire 2nd period if he had the puck, he would circle back deep into our zone and just play keep away for as long as possible until it got turned over.

He got tired of this and decided, "hey, there are 2 nets. Maybe I should score on our own net!" I was the goalie and know this tactic all too well. I stopped his first 3 attempts, but by the 4th one I would actually step aside and let him score. Twice. None of us got kicked in that game.

That is how awesome the team grading and kicking works. My D man can spend half a period lying on his face in the offensive zone for seemingly as long as he wants. I think the only "good" thing I could say is he didn't take a penalty far as I remember.

Honestly, we could easily start a thread just about team play and grading and get loads of info about it.

Then we could even start one about getting kicked and just how broken it is. Either way, those 2 threads would have heaps of info and feedback in them. Just for the fun of it, someone here should troll and grieve as much as possible and post the gameplay here just to show how broken it really is. I am sure a few of you will be astounded at the amount of crap you can create and get away with just to ruin other people's fun.
  • EA_Aljo
    I am not making this up at all, and yet, here goes:

Stayed offside on his stomach, swinging his stick around for roughly 7 minutes of gameplay. Our forwards tried many times to circle back and keep the play alive hoping this dolt would wake up and actually start playing. So, maybe 3 offsides in that span.

He got tired of this, so for the entire 2nd period if he had the puck, he would circle back deep into our zone and just play keep away for as long as possible until it got turned over.

He got tired of this and decided, "hey, there are 2 nets. Maybe I should score on our own net!" I was the goalie and know this tactic all too well. I stopped his first 3 attempts, but by the 4th one I would actually step aside and let him score. Twice. None of us got kicked in that game.

That is how awesome the team grading and kicking works. My D man can spend half a period lying on his face in the offensive zone for seemingly as long as he wants. I think the only "good" thing I could say is he didn't take a penalty far as I remember.

Honestly, we could easily start a thread just about team play and grading and get loads of info about it.

Then we could even start one about getting kicked and just how broken it is. Either way, those 2 threads would have heaps of info and feedback in them. Just for the fun of it, someone here should troll and grieve as much as possible and post the gameplay here just to show how broken it really is. I am sure a few of you will be astounded at the amount of crap you can create and get away with just to ruin other people's fun.

Thank you for this. I'll pass it on to the dev team. Really appreciate the examples.

Thank you for this. I'll pass it on to the dev team. Really appreciate the examples.

I am not familiar at all with this, but at the end of a full game, can you record the full game on a PS4?

I don't think you can because far as I know it only records the last 15 minutes by default. And I do not want to start recording every game until I actually do find an All-Star troll.
  • EA_Aljo

I am not familiar at all with this, but at the end of a full game, can you record the full game on a PS4?

I don't think you can because far as I know it only records the last 15 minutes by default. And I do not want to start recording every game until I actually do find an All-Star troll.

15 minutes looks to be the limit without having 3rd party equipment to record as much as you want.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    @EA_Aljo I posted this in a thread some weeks back.

88sdpbctvkgv.jpg

Can't remember if they quit end of 1st or start of 2nd but these clowns, the whole team, took like 15 minor penalties and a fighting major, and none of them seemed to get kicked. The first guy had 5 minor penalties for crying out loud and still had 35% team play. The guy on the bottom got a major and 3 minors and still had 50% team play cause he had 8 hits.

They quit as a team.

At what team play grade are you supposed to get kicked?
  • I am not familiar at all with this, but at the end of a full game, can you record the full game on a PS4?

The PS4 should always be recording by default so there should be no need to worry about starting to record at the beginning of each game. However it only keeps the last 15 minutes.

You can save the last 15 minutes at any point, even mid game, with a button press ( what pressing the 'share' button does is configurable but I'm not in front of my PS4 to check the specifics ) so you just need to save the current buffer whenever you've got what you want.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited January 2020

The PS4 should always be recording by default so there should be no need to worry about starting to record at the beginning of each game. However it only keeps the last 15 minutes.

You can save the last 15 minutes at any point, even mid game, with a button press ( what pressing the 'share' button does is configurable but I'm not in front of my PS4 to check the specifics ) so you just need to save the current buffer whenever you've got what you want.

Thanks. It's what I thought, but preferably I would like to have a complete game to show the extent at what kind of crap show some of these people can put on without a kick from the game. Then again, maybe 15 minutes good be good enough as well depending on how hardcore the troll decides to go.

Guess I will have to record every game and delete as I go until I find that pearl to share here.

• Thanks. It's what I thought, but preferably I would like to have a complete game to show the extent at what kind of crap show some of these people can put on without a kick from the game. Then again, maybe 15 minutes good be good enough as well depending on how hardcore the troll decides to go.

Guess I will have to record every game and delete as I go until I find that pearl to share here.

You could always hit the 'save' button during each intermission and have three videos that cover the whole game ( assuming a period doesn't take more than 15 minutes... )

• Thanks. It's what I thought, but preferably I would like to have a complete game to show the extent at what kind of crap show some of these people can put on without a kick from the game. Then again, maybe 15 minutes good be good enough as well depending on how hardcore the troll decides to go.

You could always hit the 'save' button during each intermission and have three videos that cover the whole game ( assuming a period doesn't take more than 15 minutes... )

Cool, that's actually a good idea.

Thanks buddy.
  • EA_Aljo

At what team play grade are you supposed to get kicked?

You're supposed to get kicked when your teamplay grade is an F.

• Should have a vote to kick option