EA Forums - Banner

Cheaters

Prev1
Can we do something about the cheating on HUT Rivals? Gimme a break. Cant you contain them all to HUT champions where they belong? We all know HUT champions is the most rigged out of all HUT. Rivals was good but now its becoming rigged just like Champions. Spend money and EA rewards you. It's an absolute joke!!!!! Might I also mention another thing. The world gaming championships is gonna be all HUT again? So all the people who SPEND MONEY CAN WIN????? Rigged once again.

Replies

• How are people cheating in Rivals ..are you being booted
  • I kinda agree with him, this year has by far been the worst for people spamming poke check/stick lift, using exploits like the Puck protect and all around playing it like an arcade game. Not to mention that all most people do is go for glitch goals like the top shelf short side. Cross ice one timers are hugely over powered this year, not sure what happened to this supposed new goalie AI but 90% of cross ice one timers go in when a normal goalie would have read the situation and been ready for it.
  • monz
    957 posts Member
    amxblade wrote: »
    I kinda agree with him, this year has by far been the worst for people spamming poke check/stick lift, using exploits like the Puck protect and all around playing it like an arcade game. Not to mention that all most people do is go for glitch goals like the top shelf short side. Cross ice one timers are hugely over powered this year, not sure what happened to this supposed new goalie AI but 90% of cross ice one timers go in when a normal goalie would have read the situation and been ready for it.

Absolutely agree about the goalie A.I. it's awful!
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    amxblade wrote: »
    I kinda agree with him, this year has by far been the worst for people spamming poke check/stick lift, using exploits like the Puck protect and all around playing it like an arcade game. Not to mention that all most people do is go for glitch goals like the top shelf short side. Cross ice one timers are hugely over powered this year, not sure what happened to this supposed new goalie AI but 90% of cross ice one timers go in when a normal goalie would have read the situation and been ready for it.

Oh I agree the stick lift is crazy it feels like a sword fight most of the times and the new goalie threat analysis is just a myth goalies are just made to play bad can't do much about that ,and as for everyone playing the same D ,the fact that they nerfed the D to D is one of the reasons for that in my that in my opinion ,the poke checks to me are ok ...let's hope this new patch fixed something
    Post edited by Treatmentworke66 on
  • Not to sound rude, but complaining about people abusing stick lift is not cheating. And 90% of one timers are not going in. If you’re allowing that many goals via that, then perhaps it’s time to look at your defensive style and make adjustments.

Well I won’t argue that the goaltenders can and should definitely be improved on, It’s as if playing defense is frowned on in this game by all of the games because it’s got so arcade like.
  • I describe it as cheating because it's the Same garbage every game. Any little glitch in the game people exploit it to win. Part of the blame is THE GAME ITSELF...I admit that, but is it too much to ask to lose a game of HOCKEY and not lose to glitch goals and stick lifts that feel so unrealistic at times its maddening. Then u have the REALLY skilled players who skate in the zone...go to the corner....spin around and shoot top.corner...like clockwork. Over and over and over. And the defense for some reason skates away or just let's the player right into.the slot. Maddening!!! The. The cross creaae passes that go through a maze of players and land perfectly on the other guys stick all the time. Again that's the gsmes fault but people constantly using the games weaknesses to win instead of playing 60 minutes of HOCKEY!! just in case everyone forgot, this is a HOCKEY game. Many other cheap ways to win the game. The grabbing a player from behind without taking. Penalty..skating backwards into the zone..its just out.of control. NHL 19 was fantastic in my opinion. Now it feels like we are playing Blades of.Steel.
  • Not a single game that exists is even remotely close to being realistic. You want a realistic hockey game? Go to your local rink. Games always have exploits and people go through any lengths to master them. Anything to win right? I think we all play to win
  • Yes. Anything to win. But real good players find ways to beat the opponent on the other side. Not ways to beat the game itself and then get a consolation victory over your opponent.
    To some of us, this is annoying. Some of us actually like playing hockey. That's all I'm saying.
  • WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Stick lift is why I stopped playing online. There is no counter. People allow you to get the puck first and then use stick lift to cleanly steal the puck. It's not realistic.

If I played online I would probably spend $100 per month on packs to make my team better.

So therefore, the unrealistic stick lift is directly costing EA revenue.
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Stick lift is why I stopped playing online. There is no counter. People allow you to get the puck first and then use stick lift to cleanly steal the puck. It's not realistic.

If I played online I would probably spend $100 per month on packs to make my team better.

So therefore, the unrealistic stick lift is directly costing EA revenue.

The stick lift is way over powered ,you don't even have to be in a good position and it's almost never a penalty ,but always a take away ,and I don't see a fix coming anytime soon ,I'll tell you another thing that's abused is the tie up ,it's used to create pics ,and also to tie up the point men to nullify the the D to D
  • Hikes83 wrote: »
    Not a single game that exists is even remotely close to being realistic. You want a realistic hockey game? Go to your local rink. Games always have exploits and people go through any lengths to master them. Anything to win right? I think we all play to win

Well this is an NHL branded game, so it should offer a realistic NHL experience. Win or lose, I want to play hockey, that's why I bought a hockey game.

It's boring when your opponent does the same thing over and over. Short side cheese after short side cheese. Of course you can defend it, park your C in the slot and skill zone, but that is boring as well. EA needs to encourage creativity and team play. As it stands now, you have more success using one player to cheese than actually using your team.
    Not a single game that exists is even remotely close to being realistic. You want a realistic hockey game? Go to your local rink. Games always have exploits and people go through any lengths to master them. Anything to win right? I think we all play to win

Well this is an NHL branded game, so it should offer a realistic NHL experience. Win or lose, I want to play hockey, that's why I bought a hockey game.

It's boring when your opponent does the same thing over and over. Short side cheese after short side cheese. Of course you can defend it, park your C in the slot and skill zone, but that is boring as well. EA needs to encourage creativity and team play. As it stands now, you have more success using one player to cheese than actually using your team.

Agreed no creativity in this game , everyone plays the same D ,the backhand, forehand , backhand and can beat the goalie 90% of the time from impossible angles and that stupid one handed tuck is way op .

Agreed no creativity in this game , everyone plays the same D ,the backhand, forehand , backhand and can beat the goalie 90% of the time from impossible angles and that stupid one handed tuck is way op .

Well, the creativity comes from the players not the game. Yes, they could make the goalies bite less and it would solved all the things that you said. When they do it though, some players (probably the one that can only score using those flaws) complain that it is too hard. Anyway, playing as a team is always better than playing solo. It is harder to stop and predict plays when a player uses all his players, way more than when they never pass and do always the same thing. If you know what they will do, you can stop them. Yes, it is boring if they always do the same thing over and over, but we can’t force them to do something that they don’t want to do. The only thing that you can do is playing good hockey and maybe if they loose and see you score different ways, they will learn and try to do the same thing.
  • And that’s why I play the trap. Let the boards be my friend. I know how the CPU will react in my system so I use their actions and combine them with my controlling of a guy to create turnovers at the blue line. Works a lot. Play the chess match.
  • Hikes83
    48 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Hikes83 wrote: »

Well I’m sorry my friend but if you have to resort to skill zone and parking your C in front to bail you out, that just means you can’t play proper D, plain and simple

I’d much rather play someone like you than an opponent who switches players and can effectively play D

And while I do admit that the scoring methods becomes redundant after awhile, its been this way with this franchise for well over 15 years. There’s always been high percentage scoring areas, plays and exploits and it’s always been about trying to defend them. I wouldn’t expect it to change anytime soon

• But EA actually did fix the cheese goals by making the goalies better at the start of 19 ,the game was actually fun , better goalies meant finding different ways of scoring ,puck movement and more cycling the game actually played end to end ,but then came the crying and whining ,the goalie's are to hard to many bumps ,to many tripping penalties,I even think the stick lift was a little nerfed ,so EA couldn't have the top guys complaining and boom changes were made almost every month .This is what is most frustrating to me EA can actually put out a very good game but they refuse to do so ..this is just my opinion but I think if EA really wanted to 20 could have been a master piece of s game
  • smyth9779 wrote: »
    I describe it as cheating because it's the Same garbage every game. Any little glitch in the game people exploit it to win. Part of the blame is THE GAME ITSELF...I admit that, but is it too much to ask to lose a game of HOCKEY and not lose to glitch goals and stick lifts that feel so unrealistic at times its maddening. Then u have the REALLY skilled players who skate in the zone...go to the corner....spin around and shoot top.corner...like clockwork. Over and over and over. And the defense for some reason skates away or just let's the player right into.the slot. Maddening!!! The. The cross creaae passes that go through a maze of players and land perfectly on the other guys stick all the time. Again that's the gsmes fault but people constantly using the games weaknesses to win instead of playing 60 minutes of HOCKEY!! just in case everyone forgot, this is a HOCKEY game. Many other cheap ways to win the game. The grabbing a player from behind without taking. Penalty..skating backwards into the zone..its just out.of control. NHL 19 was fantastic in my opinion. Now it feels like we are playing Blades of.Steel.

The problem is with the people....and the fact that EA has yet to do anything substantial to combat this. They say people should play how they want, but last i checked this was NHL, not blades of glory.

I only use the backhand forehand backhand against ai, and refuse to do the 1 hand tuck.

I prefer passing play goals, whether that be 1 timer, cross crease, behind the net to the slot one timer etc.

Yet you try and play hockey and people still complain lol.
  • I do agree, it is really annoying to see people backskating and “protecting” the puck stressless across all around the ice! I can’t understand why this hasn’t been nerfed yet, but that’s part of the game! Like Z0mbieBabyJesus said, people will still complain if they lose, they’ll just blame the game instead!

That’s the game, just take the lost and move to the other game or don’t play it st all, that’s how I see thing! When I’m starting to feel angry, I switch game or do something else!

I play hockey as well, I pass, dekes etc... If they want to play figure skating or whatever, remember, that’s their experience of the game, not everyone enjoy hockey, some just want to win! Take the lost and move on!

Sorry, English is my second language!

I only use the backhand forehand backhand against ai, and refuse to do the 1 hand tuck.

I prefer passing play goals, whether that be 1 timer, cross crease, behind the net to the slot one timer etc.

Yet you try and play hockey and people still complain lol.

Same here Z...and speaking of complaining Last week I played 4 games and 3 out the 4 were the self saucing , wrap glitchers and dancers and stick lift spammers and 2 of them were going to report me for cheating for one timing off the face off and one was complaining in a streamers chat that the one timer off the face off was op and it should be nerfed .