EA Forums - Banner

Offensive pressure strategy goes down after a goal!

martmet
96 posts Member
edited February 2020
Does anyone have this issue where in certain games, it's not all the time, looks random to me but maybe there is a pattern that I have yet to discover...

When I score a goal, my strategy <Offensive Pressure> goes from aggressive or Full attack to Conservative.

This is extremely frustrating when you are trying to score many goals and your AI automatically scale down your strategy!

Is there a setting somewhere to prevent that from happening or is it a glitch?

The bigger problem is that it's not all games, it's not after each goals, it's not consistent. So you forget about it and then realize that the reason you couldn't apply offensive pressure was because that setting changed without any sign or warning.

Replies

  • martmet wrote: »
    Does anyone have this issue where in certain games, it's not all the time, looks random to me but maybe there is a pattern that I have yet to discover...

    When I score a goal, my strategy <Offensive Pressure> goes from aggressive or Full attack to Conservative.

    This is extremely frustrating when you are trying to score many goals and your AI automatically scale down your strategy!

    Is there a setting somewhere to prevent that from happening or is it a glitch?

    The bigger problem is that it's not all games, it's not after each goals, it's not consistent. So you forget about it and then realize that the reason you couldn't apply offensive pressure was because that setting changed without any sign or warning.

    Is it possible that you press D-Pad down on up just after the goal by accident (trying to do something else, celebration or anything else)? I don’t think there’s any setting that make your ai change it automatically. If you didn’t do it, it is probably a glitch.
  • I’ve never had this problem before
  • monz
    883 posts Member
    I've experienced something similar to this in offline play, but it was a couple of years ago. Where it seemed as if in certain situations the game would change your strategies. After a goal, between periods or even taking a penalty. But again only in offline play.
  • Socair
    2579 posts Game Changer
    Yeah, like monz said, it can happen in offline modes outside of HUT if you set the AI to change user strategy. So not sure why it would be happening in HUT.

    Would you mind setting up a bug report here? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/nhl-20-bug-reports-en
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • martmet
    96 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Actually guys,

    I have a video to prove what I'm saying. Also I read some posts, maybe on Reddit or Youtube that other players had the same problem. I'm surprised to be the only one here who experienced it.

    It could be a bug with Squad battles as I'm not 100% sure that it happened while playing online seasons or Rivals. But even in SB I don't see a coach setting that could mess with my strategies in HUT.

    See the screenshots below. I open a ticket and provide the video if it's required.
    Also if some might think that I accidentally touch the buttons, when you do it the strat menu is displayed. And it never went up between the moment I checked last and the moment I saw the problem happen after my 7th goal.


    pdnzq4xe12l2.jpg
    nbcavruapff8.jpg
  • martmet wrote: »
    Actually guys,

    I have a video to prove what I'm saying. Also I read some posts, maybe on Reddit or Youtube that other players had the same problem. I'm surprised to be the only one here who experienced it.

    It could be a bug with Squad battles as I'm not 100% sure that it happened while playing online seasons or Rivals. But even in SB I don't see a coach setting that could mess with my strategies in HUT.

    See the screenshots below. I open a ticket and provide the video if it's required.
    Also if some might think that I accidentally touch the buttons, when you do it the strat menu is displayed. And it never went up between the moment I checked last and the moment I saw the problem happen after my 7th goal.


    pdnzq4xe12l2.jpg
    nbcavruapff8.jpg

    Did you find a pattern or when it does switch? I played one game and as of now, nothing special, it stayed on Standard all game as it should. Is it only when you choose Aggressive at the beginning?

    Just trying to replicate it and maybe help you find what’s happening.
  • martmet
    96 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    It just happened to me online in a Competitive season game.

    In this video you can see me place my Offensive Strategy at standard (3/5) in the beginning of the game at 0:03.

    After my opponent first goal at 1:29 (video) you see the setting was at CONSERVATIVE (2/5) and at 1:36 you can see that I change it back to AGGRESSIVE (4/5).
    At 2:09 I made sure it was still the same switching to full attack and back at aggressive. I checked if it had changed after my first goal at 4:59 and it was ok. At the beginning of the 2nd, at 8:29 the setting didn't move. At 9:58 and 10:34 it's still ok.

    Now at 11:59 you clearly see the setting going from CONSERVATIVE ??? down to DEFEND LEAD! Even if some could say that it's me accidentally touching the button, where did go from aggressive down to conservative? And how my left thumb could control the left stick and and touch the left D pad?? The down one is close but the left one isn't close at all.

    I noticed that sometimes when I shoot, the menu appears... without me touching the pad. It's not even sensitive, I tried it in game to touch the left D pad slightly to try to see if that's me touching it by mistake. It just drives me CRAZY.

    Video below.









  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    martmet wrote: »
    It just happened to me online in a Competitive season game.

    In this video you can see me place my Offensive Strategy at standard (3/5) in the beginning of the game at 0:03.

    After my opponent first goal at 1:29 (video) you see the setting was at CONSERVATIVE (2/5) and at 1:36 you can see that I change it back to AGGRESSIVE (4/5).
    At 2:09 I made sure it was still the same switching to full attack and back at aggressive. I checked if it had changed after my first goal at 4:59 and it was ok. At the beginning of the 2nd, at 8:29 the setting didn't move. At 9:58 and 10:34 it's still ok.

    Now at 11:59 you clearly see the setting going from CONSERVATIVE ??? down to DEFEND LEAD! Even if some could say that it's me accidentally touching the button, where did go from aggressive down to conservative? And how my left thumb could control the left stick and and touch the left D pad?? The down one is close but the left one isn't close at all.

    I noticed that sometimes when I shoot, the menu appears... without me touching the pad. It's not even sensitive, I tried it in game to touch the left D pad slightly to try to see if that's me touching it by mistake. It just drives me CRAZY.

    Video below.



    Have you tried using a different controller? Maybe something is broken inside and the D-Pad give inputs to the game while you press something else or because of vibration.

    I’ve realized yesterday that during cutscenes, the popup doesn’t show up, but it register the change if you press D-Pad multiple times. So it could explain why you don’t see it pop up.

    Also in your video, during your third goal cutscene, the pop up shows while the animations are at the bottom of the screen. It can be a glitch, not saying that it is not, just trying to rule out some possibilities. So I would try another controller first and if it doesn’t work, it is probably a glitch. It would surprise me though, since there’s not that many people with that problem. If it is a glitch, it is pretty random. The faulty controller make more sense to me, but I can be wrong.

    I tried SB yesterday, and was not able to replicate it. I’ll continue to watch and if I get it too, I’ll let you know. It is really weird.
  • can someone from ea please give boumbidiboum a job. Guy does more work than anyone else.
  • BButt05 wrote: »
    can someone from ea please give boumbidiboum a job. Guy does more work than anyone else.

    It is nice of you to say, but I already have a job/career. Just trying to help fellow gamers.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3881 posts EA Community Manager
    BButt05 wrote: »
    can someone from ea please give boumbidiboum a job. Guy does more work than anyone else.

    It is nice of you to say, but I already have a job/career. Just trying to help fellow gamers.

    That's what's up. It's very possible it can be a bug, but you also might be on the right path with it being hardware related. I've seen a bug report for BFV where a sniper rifle shoots without pressing a button but it was related to the PS4 trigger button being worn out. Researched online and for sniper rifles across other games there seems to be a correlation due to sensitivity settings. Some players really smash down the buttons while others are more delicate. It's a possibility.
  • BButt05 wrote: »
    can someone from ea please give boumbidiboum a job. Guy does more work than anyone else.

    It is nice of you to say, but I already have a job/career. Just trying to help fellow gamers.

    That's what's up. It's very possible it can be a bug, but you also might be on the right path with it being hardware related. I've seen a bug report for BFV where a sniper rifle shoots without pressing a button but it was related to the PS4 trigger button being worn out. Researched online and for sniper rifles across other games there seems to be a correlation due to sensitivity settings. Some players really smash down the buttons while others are more delicate. It's a possibility.

    Thanks for the response guys,
    I have 2 other controllers, but they are old and as I play pretty much every day, at some point some buttons become less responsive, so I bought this one around Christmas.

    The 2 other controllers does not seem to be replicate this issue yet, although even with my current controller it doesn't happen every game or everyday.

    This is what is the most upsetting, I played 4 games today, 4 yesterday, didn't happen once in SB. And I'm not rough with the controller or anything, I seen some other people do this and i am definitely not in that category.
    but yesterday morning I played Rivals games and it happened in the majority of the games. THat's why I thought it was a game bug, I always play the same way, especially in SB.

    I will continue to try my other remotes with easy SB opponents. Can't risk to face a top SB foe without R1 working or the right analog sticking constantly down like if I am pressing down all the time on R3.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3881 posts EA Community Manager
    @martmet

    No problem! I'm not sure if this was attempted by you already, but have you considered reinstalling the game? It could be due to some corrupted files and maybe that will work this out.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!