EA Forums - Banner

Issue with injured players

I don´t know if anybody else has got mentioned this:
When one of my players got hit (and injured) by a shot from my D-man, he is skating to the bench. So far so good, but I saw at least twice that my player didn´t enter the bench but skating circles in front of the bench entrance - without any oponent around. This is very disappointed because my 5th player is missing in D when my opponent is on attack...

Replies

• I’ve seen this too.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4769 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, @HS182 & @boumbidiboum

Which specific game mode within HUT was this for and do you remember anything specific that was done just prior to it happening that we might be able to narrow down a root cause to trigger this? Did you make a line change at any point during that sequence?
  • Hey, @HS182 & @boumbidiboum

Which specific game mode within HUT was this for and do you remember anything specific that was done just prior to it happening that we might be able to narrow down a root cause to trigger this? Did you make a line change at any point during that sequence?

I’ll keep an eye out for extra informations if it happens again. I’ve seen it in Squad Battles, I don’t remember seeing it elsewhere. I don’t change my line manually, so I don’t know if it is the case. If I see it again, I’ll try to make a video and see if anything specific happens before. The only thing I remember is seeing my player blocking a shot in the offensive zone (just by passing in front of it) and then, they go back slowly to the bench, but can’t get on the bench so that the new player get in. Once there’s a stop of play, the switch happens. I don’t know if I would have forced a line change manually, if it would have worked... I’ll try next time and let you know.

I too think that I´ve seen this in SB. Didn´t do any specific… Just being in the opponents offensive zone, getting hit by a shot from my own D-man and opponent sets up a breakout rush

Could be, that it was in a rival game too, I am not sure anymore. but definitely not in a HUT Season game.
    Point is, that after the player was injured I always managed too keep the puck and stay in the offensive zone for a while. Then I lost the puck somehow and my opponent is in attacking mode - with me having only 4 players defending

This happened to me once as well. It was a Squad Battles game. The player just kept circling around by the bench for a long time. I tried doing a manual line change, thinking it might force him to change, but he continued to circle until there was a whistle.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4769 posts EA Community Manager
    Would you all be able to record a clip and submit it here next time this happens so we can try to reproduce it? Thank you in advance for any help you can send our way.
  • @EA_Blueberry
    It's happened to me a handful of times.. player gets hit with puck and is hurt going to the bench.

The player just circles either right between the benches at the redline or depending on the period right by the bench and the blue line...

Each time its happened to me not only am I shorthanded til I get the puck but when I do theres no whistle and 85% of the time their circle by the blue line puts me offsides.
  • I had this happen 3-4 time in squad battles. It's upsetting as it gives the CPU an unearned power play essentially.