EA Forums - Banner

Squad battles connections.

inupiaq-x1
73 posts Member
edited February 2020
Why is it even a thing.
To lose connection to the server in a squad battle game and take an L..

Do you lose the game if you lose connection on a hut challenge ?

If you don't why are squad battles different?

Replies

• boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    inupiaq-x1 wrote: »
    Why is it even a thing.

Probably, just to keep people from cheating and replay the game until they get perfect score.

Challenges are not a competitive mode per say, you can replay them as much as you want, until you get it.
  • EA_Aljo
    3213 posts EA Community Manager
    Why is it even a thing.

Squad Battles require an online connection since they are a part of HUT. Like @boumbidiboum said, it helps cut down on exploiting the game. We can't have people replaying without penalty until they win. He's also correct about HUT Challenges. You're not competing against others for better rewards so they can be replayed as many times as needed.
  • inupiaq-x1
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    @boumbidiboum @EA_Aljo
    Ok so no for exploitation.. with the exception of the squad of the week you can replay all the games once for 500 coins.
    I understand if you quit out or dont get the 5 goal win, 20 shots etc you're going to replay depending on your competitiveness. So ya sure a limit.

Neither of you really answered what I asked though..
    My issue is being up 6-1 halfway thru the 2nd period and losing connection to the EA servers. Not xbox live, just the servers and I lose the game. Lose those points, lose a turn, the violin starts etc.

Why is this even in the mode?

There has to be some kind of data recorded with points being accrued and noted with wins losses goal difference etc. So how and why is it even considered an L for being up 5 goals and getting booted from the servers.
  • The more I think about it I'm not even sure how exploitation would be an issue in a game mode where people already say it's too many games or too short of time to refresh on the weekends.

The 'possible' points are at random anyway so again I'm not sure how there would be much room for exploitation there.
  • inupiaq-x1 wrote: »
    The more I think about it I'm not even sure how exploitation would be an issue in a game mode where people already say it's too many games or too short of time to refresh on the weekends.

The 'possible' points are at random anyway so again I'm not sure how there would be much room for exploitation there.

The connection needed for Squad Battle is just the bare minimum. I use my phone as a hot spot when I am not home to play SB and it works perfectly. If you get bumped off the servers, I know it is an annoying statement, but check your connection first, it could be that you loose connection momentarily or just because they are busy. If you get bumped off servers in SB, you must get it even more in Rivals and HC. If it is happening too often, maybe something need to be done either on your side or EA, depending on what is the problem. Like I said, the connection doesn’t need to be super fast for SB, just constant. Maybe something is wrong with the server that you connect on too, that I can’t tell you, I don’t know where you are and I don’t work for EA.
  • EA_Aljo
    @boumbidiboum @EA_Aljo
    Ok so no for exploitation.. with the exception of the squad of the week you can replay all the games once for 500 coins.
    I understand if you quit out or dont get the 5 goal win, 20 shots etc you're going to replay depending on your competitiveness. So ya sure a limit.

Neither of you really answered what I asked though..
    My issue is being up 6-1 halfway thru the 2nd period and losing connection to the EA servers. Not xbox live, just the servers and I lose the game. Lose those points, lose a turn, the violin starts etc.

Why is this even in the mode?

There has to be some kind of data recorded with points being accrued and noted with wins losses goal difference etc. So how and why is it even considered an L for being up 5 goals and getting booted from the servers.

I definitely understand the frustration for the loss when disconnecting. How often is it happening? If it's somewhat regular, we should go through some troubleshooting.

As far as the loss goes, it's something we need to have as it could provide motivation to exploit the game and get better rewards than you should have. This directly affects the rest of the community as well.

It's also possible you lost connection to Xbox Live, but quickly reconnected. With our sports games, the moment you lose connection, the game ends. Even if you reconnected right away. It's more noticeable because you get the message that you disconnected. Unlike Xbox Live, which doesn't give you a disconnect message.
  • @EA_Aljo
    When you lose connection to xbox live it immediately signs you out and comes across your screen.

I don't see much room for exploitation in a game mode where it's literally, a combination of a little luck (opponent refresh values), and a whole lot of time actually playing the games and meeting the minimum standards for max points.

Alot of people (for lack of better terms) whine about the amount of games within the allotted times as is.. replaying said games another time or 2 if someone were to be so inclined wouldn't be that huge of an advantage considering they still have to meet the same set of minimum parameters to get max points and still have the luck of the draw for the opponents values.

With all that said it's a complete disappointment to be one of the dorks that puts the time into playing the games for the crap rewards. To be up and over the parameters, lose connection to the game but nothing else whatsoever, and come away with nothing but more lost time and effort. No kind of prorated disconnection point value etc.
  • EA_Aljo
    @EA_Aljo
    When you lose connection to xbox live it immediately signs you out and comes across your screen.

I don't see much room for exploitation in a game mode where it's literally, a combination of a little luck (opponent refresh values), and a whole lot of time actually playing the games and meeting the minimum standards for max points.

Alot of people (for lack of better terms) whine about the amount of games within the allotted times as is.. replaying said games another time or 2 if someone were to be so inclined wouldn't be that huge of an advantage considering they still have to meet the same set of minimum parameters to get max points and still have the luck of the draw for the opponents values.

With all that said it's a complete disappointment to be one of the dorks that puts the time into playing the games for the crap rewards. To be up and over the parameters, lose connection to the game but nothing else whatsoever, and come away with nothing but more lost time and effort. No kind of prorated disconnection point value etc.

There are many different potential contributors to disconnecting. Without going through troubleshooting, we won't be able to find out why it's happening. If it was just this one time, it's not unusual to have the occasional disconnect due to any number of reasons. When we have an outage, we make an announcement on our official channels so it's always good to check there if you disconnect.