EA Forums - Banner

Why is boarding no longer a penalty?

Prev1
Question is in the title. You can charge full sprint and board somebody now. Why?

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    Question is in the title. You can charge full sprint and board somebody now. Why?

Nothing changed with boarding calls in the last update. I had a couple taken against me in a Rivals game yesterday. I didn't see any in the drop-ins and club games I played last night though. I'll keep an eye out for this myself. I'll test it out in my games today.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • Got a 5 minute for side hitting someone right behind the net. It's still there. This was day before yesterday.
  • To be fair Jam you started from the blue line full speed and sent the guy through the glass.
  • To be fair Jam you started from the blue line full speed and sent the guy through the glass.

And the truth shall set you free!

Be gone, whelp! I'm a PMD that couldn't hit a flea off someone's back.
  • Yeah it might be old news but you can literally murder somebody into the boards with no calls. I havent played much online til this week with the new patch and that area was just absurd.
  • I got 3 major penalties in a row where as my opponent can spam that stick lift and hardly get a penalty
  • I wish the big hit infraction would come back and this time I want it to have a negative impact balancing between the involved players throughout the period. Basically I just want the feature to come back.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • EA_Aljo
    Yeah it might be old news but you can literally murder somebody into the boards with no calls. I havent played much online til this week with the new patch and that area was just absurd.

What mode are you seeing this in? Nothing has changed with boarding calls.
  • [quote="EA_Aljo;c-2116682"][quote="HoodHoppers;d-255215"]Question is in the title. You can charge full sprint and board somebody now. Why? [/quote]

Nothing changed with boarding calls in the last update. I had a couple taken against me in a Rivals game yesterday. I didn't see any in the drop-ins and club games I played last night though. I'll keep an eye out for this myself. I'll test it out in my games today.

Thanks for the feedback![/quote]

I have literally yet to see a boarding call in 20
  • Yeah it might be old news but you can literally murder somebody into the boards with no calls. I havent played much online til this week with the new patch and that area was just absurd.

3s has no boarding far as I know.

You talking about 6s?
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Yeah it might be old news but you can literally murder somebody into the boards with no calls. I havent played much online til this week with the new patch and that area was just absurd.

theres definitely WAY less boarding than there use to be. Every time I was run into the boards from behind it was almost always a trip to the box. recently I've noticed its rarely called. When there is a penalty, its usually a charging.

Vs
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Vs

Cool. I wanted to make sure you weren't playing Threes. Boarding hasn't changed with the recent update so I don't know why you're seeing less of them.

Vs

Cool. I wanted to make sure you weren't playing Threes. Boarding hasn't changed with the recent update so I don't know why you're seeing less of them.

I haven't played vs since earlier in the year so it might not be recent. But yeah I got boarded like 5 times in 1 game and started noticing that the call is never made anymore.
  • EA_Aljo

Vs

I haven't played vs since earlier in the year so it might not be recent. But yeah I got boarded like 5 times in 1 game and started noticing that the call is never made anymore.

I've seen it called as recent as yesterday. Boarding still works the same as it has since release.

Vs

I've seen it called as recent as yesterday. Boarding still works the same as it has since release.

So it just hasn't worked since release? Why can a guy just go and kill a guy with his face against the wall?
  • EA_Aljo

So it just hasn't worked since release? Why can a guy just go and kill a guy with his face against the wall?

It's working. I have seen boarding called many times.

It's working. I have seen boarding called many times.

Is it working if you have your players get boarded multiple times and don't get a call but every third game you see it?