EA Forums - Banner

Broken penalties

bryta47
373 posts Member
edited February 2020
I play offline only and, even with the sliders maxed out, I have never seen a single penalty being called for elbowing, cross checking or high sticking.

Why is that?

Replies

• bryta47 wrote: »
    I play offline only and, even with the sliders maxed out, I have never seen a single penalty being called for elbowing, cross checking or high sticking.

Why is that?

Also, why do my a.i. teammates seem to rarely take any, but the opposing a.i. almost NEVER takes them even with slider all the way up. I went through a season in bagm playing every game and was lowest in the league on pp chances by far. I believe i had like 31 pp all season, and i play on superstar with 10 min period. This has seemingly been this way a long time. The only way i EVER see them take a penalty is a trip during a spin or deke. Theres also the VERY RARE charging call.

Why does the a.i. rarely take a penalty? Doesn't matter if its my team or a.i.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Adjusting sliders is essential for enjoying this game. Too bad you have to guess wich one's working or not.
  • bryta47 wrote: »
    Adjusting sliders is essential for enjoying this game. Too bad you have to guess wich one's working or not.

Yeah and if im not mistaken,there are sliders that do nothing At all arent there?
  • Can a dev please chime in here?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4770 posts EA Community Manager
    @bryta47

Have you tried turning down teammate penalties to see if that decreased penalties for your AI?
  • @bryta47

Have you tried turning down teammate penalties to see if that decreased penalties for your AI?

Hm, maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but the issue is certian penalties never being called (elbowing, cross checking), despite penalties set to 4/4 and all penalty sliders being at 100/100.

Not my CPU teamates taking to many penalties.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4770 posts EA Community Manager
    Elbowing is now a modifier on charging based on a player's discipline rating. Cross checking may not happen. All of these were changed due to competitive gaming with players wanting more control whether they get a penalty or not, rather than it being random. NHL and Madden are two titles I've played a lot over the years and one thing that used to really bug me in Madden is when those random pass interference and holding calls showed up on critical 3rd down moments, something out of my control. Although it might present more of a realistic factor to simulate real life, those also tend to lead to a higher rate of unhappy experiences for the gamer.

High sticks should happen, but it may in most cases trigger slashing due to the stick hitting the body before it hits the face.
  • Thank you for the answer. All penalties should definitely be available offline, but now I atleast know the logic behind why they aren't.
  • Penalties have always been an issue in this series. The opposing team will always get the majority of Power Plays...even if you are position locked. Your teammates will constantly get get a penalty. It's an area EA has never been able to get right.
  • Steven5470 wrote: »
    Penalties have always been an issue in this series. The opposing team will always get the majority of Power Plays...even if you are position locked. Your teammates will constantly get get a penalty. It's an area EA has never been able to get right.

I agree. No matter the sliders, the opposing team will take 0 to 1 penalties a game. And, if they do it seems to ALWAYS be tripping. In fact it stinks that 90 percent of penalties are trips. I get that the others are toned down because theyre out of user control but i wish we could see more variety in penalties. Dont know how it could be done, but i would really love to see different penalties called.