EA Forums - Banner

Thoughts on trading unlocked bag items?

This is possibly a silly thought that just came to mind, so please excuse my ignorance if so but...

I think it would be pretty sweet to have a system in place that allowed us to trade CHEL bag items we’ve unlocked with other players.

For example, in 19 I never unlocked the one item I wanted all year, (Dallas Stars goal horn) despite having played more than 90% of most everyone.

I had 30 other unlocked NHL horns that I was not ever interested in using, so they were irrelevant & wasted. Many of my friends encounter the same thing, whether it be a goal horn or any other particular item you try for yet may never even get.

Let us propose trades to others that are determined “fair” of value so we can best utilize the items that you guys made for us to use in the first place.

If I’m a Flyers fan but all I have is Penguins gear, let me send it to my teammate who loves them in return for that Flyers item I’ll put yo good use.

I personally am a Stars fan, so of course I have everything Blues, Blackhawks, and Predators unlocked while almost nothing of my home team. I play with so many others who are great fans of those few teams that would love what I have and vice versa.

Replies

• Not a horrible idea. Last year all I wanted was the candy cane tape job but never got it. Maxed out the prestige and played one's everyday for a bag and nope. This year I got it within the first week but now I don't have any real hockey equipment. I'd like to choose the stick and skates that I want instead of the hundreds of ridiculous fortnite gear.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    482 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I've already started earning completion tokens (minimum 10 bags per day if you win a ONES and Threes Elim tourny plus any level increases) and have a good 20 extra bags in storage so it would be nice to not only give those to players so they can earn/buy gear, but maybe I can trade them in for HUT currency? IDK.

All of last year I couldn't get the goal horn I wanted (pop - LO V E), nor my teams arena amd mascot (our specific mascot.head was literally the last team unlock we got this year) so I definitely know the pain.
    Post edited by TTZ_Dipsy on
  • Not a bad idea considering they added another 900 items this year and I would gather at least another 900 for next year. If I remember, I think I read/heard they will add more items this year besides the already 900 from launch of 20.

Unless you play 30 hours a week, it may get increasingly hard to unlock all the gear, or get the specific items you want. By next year there will be over 2700 items in all.
  • 300 new items per year (plus any jersey changes + event specific gear) should be way more than enough (and already sounds like overkill)- I don't know about you but I find the vast majority of these unlocks to be revolting and a ton of the NHL jerseys look so dang similar...
  • Also how about an open all button.. took me an hour to unlock bags the other day lol
  • Also how about an open all button.. took me an hour to unlock bags the other day lol

Yea no kidding.

But what I do is while waiting on someone in our group, or if I don't like who's on for the moment, I'll spend a 10-15 minutes here and there opening a few bags.
  • At the very least it would be nice if you could start the year with everything for your favorited team unlocked. In general I wouldn't mind getting rid of bags and doing an in game currency system to buy what you want, or a hybrid system that does both.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4405 posts EA Community Manager
    edited February 2020
    jrago73 wrote: »
    At the very least it would be nice if you could start the year with everything for your favorited team unlocked.

I can get down with that.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    At the very least it would be nice if you could start the year with everything for your favorited team unlocked.

agreed. Choose your favorite team, boom, CHEL bag unlocked.

Good idea.
  • jrago73 wrote: »

agreed. Choose your favorite team, boom, CHEL bag unlocked.

Good idea.

Yup...hut does this when you create your team. Id love it in CHEL