EA Forums - Banner

Gaming World championship

Prev134567
Hello. How I can play NHL20 championship, if I all of my life play versus online mod, not HUT? How I can get team in HUT? What and where i have to press in the game, to collect a team and have a chances to win with this team?

Replies

• Instead of Online versus, drop down to other modes. Hockey Ultimate Team is there (HUT). Click on that then you are on your way. It will explain the rest.
  • @billy73fletch I know, where is this mode. I wanna understand, how to collect team up to championship
  • Under online.
  • @billy73fletch I know, where is this mode. I wanna understand, how to collect team up to championship

If you want to start putting together a team to play in the world gaming championship now. You had better have a lot of money to spend on packs. Most of the guys playing will have been playing hut since day one.
  • @xPDogg65x I cant play with newly-created HUT in championship, am I right?
  • EA should have 1 Championship for HUT and another for Versus. No reason to limit to just a single mode.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    EA should have 1 Championship for HUT and another for Versus. No reason to limit to just a single mode.

Why? You don't play with your hut team once it begins. You only use it to qualify.
  • @xPDogg65x I cant play with newly-created HUT in championship, am I right?

I don’t see why you couldn’t use a new team, but most will not have teams of base cards at this point.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4803 posts EA Community Manager
    edited March 2020
    Information including Registration, Official Rules, & Schedule can be found in the link below:

https://www.nhl.com/fans/gaming

Good luck!
  • EA_Blueberry
    The Official NHL Twitter account also tweeted it out.

• Jeff_frm_Edmonds
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    monz wrote: »
    EA should have 1 Championship for HUT and another for Versus. No reason to limit to just a single mode.

Why? You don't play with your hut team once it begins. You only use it to qualify.

Don't they have a MUT championship and a Madden Championship??

I saw MUT on The Mouse House Sports Network this weekend and they promoted the Madden Bowl or whatever coming soon too.

ETA: If they only have it for one mode they should expand it to include both as I posted.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    monz wrote: »

Don't they have a MUT championship and a Madden Championship??

I saw MUT on The Mouse House Sports Network this weekend and they promoted the Madden Bowl or whatever coming soon too.

ETA: If they only have it for one mode they should expand it to include both as I posted.

Why would they do it? They want you to spend money to build a HUT team. Everything they do is geared toward making you open your wallet. Great for us, but against there business model, won't happen.
  • Swear last I saw 600 people total signed up
  • You cant win unless you spend a ton of Money. Its Rigged garbage so EA can make money and the people who broadcast make money. Pure Garbage.
  • smyth9779 wrote: »
    You cant win unless you spend a ton of Money.

Then your not very good, you definitely do not need to spend money on this game, and can still build a competitive team
  • Listen, I've been playing this game since the beginning..I know how to play the game and I am pretty good at it.... but just the fact that this tournament is ALL HUT tells me one thing.... it's rigged for people who spend money.... nobody who works a full time job has the time to sit infront of a tv for hours to win challenges and collect all those collectible that you have to trade in and upgrade and do this and do that. Yadda yadda yadda. If the tournament was meant for EVERYONE than just make it VS and use real NHL teams. Isnt that more competitive? Wouldn't that show exactly how good you really are? Of course it would... but like I said....RIGGED.
  • smyth9779 wrote: »
    Listen, I've been playing this game since the beginning..I know how to play the game and I am pretty good at it.... but just the fact that this tournament is ALL HUT tells me one thing.... it's rigged for people who spend money.... nobody who works a full time job has the time to sit infront of a tv for hours to win challenges and collect all those collectible that you have to trade in and upgrade and do this and do that. Yadda yadda yadda. If the tournament was meant for EVERYONE than just make it VS and use real NHL teams. Isnt that more competitive? Wouldn't that show exactly how good you really are? Of course it would... but like I said....RIGGED.

I have a full-time job. I didn't buy the game until Black Friday but have managed to build a 92 OVR team without spending a dime on packs. It's not that hard to build a team without spending money, even more so this year with all the rewards packs you get from SB and Rivals with minimal effort.

Having said all that, tournaments like GWC ought to be played with even teams. Skill alone should determine the winner.
  • I don’t see what is the problem with using HUT teams in GWC. Having a super stack team doesn’t guarantee wins, it is all about strategies and thumbs-skills. It even add a difficulty/skill in the tournament, it shows how good you are at building a team that fits your play style. My team is pretty stack, but not everybody would like it and be good with it. It depends on what you like to do and what type of players fits with that. The teams in the game are like equipment in real life, you can buy the best stick ever made, it won’t magically make you good. Yes, it will make a difference when the players are good enough that it makes a difference, but not everybody will like the same kind of stick again. It depends on what you like to do and what are your skills.
  • EA_Blueberry
    The teams in the game are like equipment in real life, you can buy the best stick ever made, it won’t magically make you good. Yes, it will make a difference when the players are good enough that it makes a difference, but not everybody will like the same kind of stick again. It depends on what you like to do and what are your skills.

Rubber stick covers for controllers increase performance though. :p

Know a lot of friends that have built amazing teams across all of our Ultimate Team sports titles without spending any money at all or very little. You can't deny that spending some for more opportunities to pull high valued items doesn't help, but like what @Tonysl79 said you have to also be savvy on what you do with the items you pull by maximizing their value on the auction house.

If I don't plan to go competitive for a few weeks and pull one of the top tier items in the game, I usually sell it and life my OVRs for other positions I need to balance out the team. Everyone has their own method when approaching team building. Always interesting to hear how players approach new promotions in game and what the best ways are to strategize around them. One great benefit of a forum is discussing strategies like that so everyone benefits.