Quality of life changes
436 posts Member
March 4, 2020 6:49PM edited March 2020
So much talk about big changes like bringing back lobbies, Pro rinks etc..
Let's talk about the small quality of life improvements this series can add, change or bring back.
Mine are mostly for Chel.
Let's talk about the small quality of life improvements this series can add, change or bring back.
- Custom camera angle, with slots to save. We had this last gen and it was great. I had one slot saved for playing goalie and the other was for playing defense.
- In Chel, give us the ability to call a timeout if we have no pauses left. So often someone uses up our teams only pause early on and we're unable to call a timeout late in the game or at a crucial time. Also, you should be able to change controls without having to take a timeout or wait until the intermission.
- Let us turn off the taunt sounds for hits, goals, saves. I don't use them and I don't want to hear them, they're annoying.
- Spectator mode. It would be nice to have the ability to spectate a friends game already in progress.
- Post game timer. Get rid of this, there's no need to rush me into the next game, I'll leave when I want.
- Quitting lobby loads back to the original menu(HUB), you have to load the lobby again and invite friends every time. Annoying time waster.
- Can't invite friends in practice mode to practice with. For example: Should be able to load up a free skate practice with 2 friends, one as player and one as goalie. Preferably online & offline.
- Can't test out fresh Chel builds in practice mode before using them in a game. Used to be able to.
- For Club search match room size.. should be exact OR more, instead of just exact. Also, for 6v6 Club you should NOT be able to play with less than 4 players, 4 should be minimum. Less than 4 go play 3v3.
- Skate foot protectors should prevent your player from being partially paralyzed or at the very least prevent injury if blocking a shot on the skate. Otherwise what's the point of equipping them?
- If you're determined to stick with the Hockey bag idea, please allow an "open all bags" option
- In drop-in allow goalies to play without their helmet too like the old days.
Mine are mostly for Chel.
Post edited by de4c0n_fr05t on
Mine are much more simple things they can do that will help the game out.
-increase speed of animation of post hugging and speed going side to side from vh (right now its disadvantageous to play the right way and cover low corners because that animation takes forever to get in and out of)
-decrease acceleration slightly (maybe 5-8 points tuner wise)
-increase passing accuracy. It's super annoying when there's the slightest bit of lag and all of a sudden you can't make 10 foot passes the entire game. I shouldn't have to be a playmaker to make most of my short passes.
-remove auto sauce for any player under 90 passing
-decrease shot accuracy, goaltender reaction times, puck reception ease and puck control on dekes so that goalies actually have to play their position. Right now the meta is literally to play on your goal line because otherwise the op rocket passes to op one timers are the only way to score against good team defense. Getting to good scoring areas yields very little success. The slot is pretty useless this year because goalies can snag everything if they're in the middle of the net.
-further decrease puck control for skating backwards at high speeds
-increase time it takes to pick the puck off after loss of possession
-increase the amount of penalties from stick lifts in bad positions
-insert anti-trolling limits (too many penalties, offsides, diving poke checks, times running out of the crease, amount of time in desperation saves, etc.) to finally combat trolls for once
Those are some small ideas that are easily adjustable. Right now the game is in an okay place. Games are fun (when you can find one to play in anyways) but there's still a huge balance needed to replicate any form of hockey in 6s. To score you can dangle and one-time, that's about it against good teams. Shots from good areas are useless against "good" goaltenders.
Thanks for kicking off a Quality of Life post this week! Thank you for adding to it, @HoodHoppers
This is a great post to have bookmarked on my end for the team to review. Hopefully we get some more replies here.
For those unaware of "Quality of Life Changes," these can be features within the game that don't directly reflect core game balance. Changing the speed or accuracy of passes would be more game balance while adjusting the location of the scoreboard on the screen would be Quality of Life. Skipping multiple menus to get to a specific part of the game could be considered Quality of Life.
Oh boy then do I have a list for you!!!
-without a doubt custom cameras as said above, would be huge to bring back
-without a doubt lobbies need to be a primary focus to be brought back. Nobody will continue to play your games if you can't find games to play!
-bring back the action tracker that had replays on everything, not just select ones. This is good for finding video evidence of things that don't work or goals that shouldn't go in, etc.
-definitely clean the menu system up. Takes forever to get into everything
-I shouldn't have to click 9 different menu items to select a new set of pants for my skater
-have preset equipments for pads, jerseys, etc. (if you design your own pads or jersey, you should be able to set a template for it rather than having to reselect every possible part and change the color and font and whatever)
-put the darn scoreboard at the top again!!! Also make it smaller.
-introduce more stats, have ai faces instead of the black silhouettes
-diversify drafting information in Franchise mode. There should be more intricate information, similar to EHM where they tell you what their strengths and weaknesses are, but not necessarily indicate how strong everything is in like an A+ to D grading. I like having mystery built into the draft. I don't wanna know for sure if I'm getting a franchise player. I would rather read something along the lines of "this player has one of the best shots in this draft, sometimes is a little selfish with the puck, isn't a very flashy player, plays a very north/south game, will go to the tough areas, this is a lock for an NHL player, this player is a bit of a long shot, is an offense first player, looks lost in the defensive zone at times, etc.
-clean up the menu when you press start mid-game, I struggle finding out where stats are, player performances, action tracker, etc. It's kind of a mess
-making it simpler to get coaches in franchise mode
-a brand new Stanley Cup celebration!!!!
-adding team/league records to franchise mode
-better atmosphere overall that resembles hockey
So far that's what I got off the top of my head.
- I don't think the "select" button is used for anything currently. It would make sense that this is the timeout button during a pause in the play.
- I love all the ideas that remove the cartoonish/fortnight aspects of WoC. I hate the cosmetics and would prefer things to go back to just hockey gear for WoC.
- Having a clubs practice mode would be amazing and I think welcomed by the majority of people who play WoC.
- Bringing stick flex, blade curve and skate blade length would be a great feature to allow gamers to build the player they want to build.
- Overhauling the WoC perks or reverting back to skill points would be much better than the current system.
- Overhauling the WoC builds so that heights and weights better reflect the current NHL.
- Vote to kick system.
absolutely... although I would expand on that. how about accurate pings that are actually pinging the actual game server you are connecting to? there's no way thats happening now. this is the first online game I've ever seen where the ping times are 100% stable and the exactly the same all the time depending on what region you connect to. Even though the "lag experience" varies from game to game. I guarantee if it was pinging the actual server your gameplay updates were sent to there would be variance.
2. Saving lines in online versus so I don't need to do lines everytime I start playing or change teams.
3. Ability to choose the server you're using would be nice
4. I've already spammed this almost everywhere but rank the teams in online versus matchmaking like in FIFA. I'm getting tired of playing the all time all stars and Russian national team with normal NHL teams. Also would unlock the lower rated leagues for online versus use.
5. Minor pet peave mainly in HUT. Either yellow is an away colour or it's a home colour. It can't be both.
Add more names of ex-nhl players to the “play by play” name list in CAP. Especially foreign names. So many Russian, Slovak and Czech names are missing. Federov, Kovalev, Demitra, Bonk, Afinogenov, Satan, Ruchinsky, Yashin, etc, etc.
At the very least, allow us to have the option of NOT having a “play by play” name. Then we don’t have to find a name that’s similar to the above names.
Speaking of finding things, a player search engine is a much needed feature. I can’t even determine how many hours I’ve wasted over the years searching through each and every team in the game to try to find a specific player.
I’d love to see a complete overhaul of CAT (create a team), but I’d settle for adding more logos (AHL, Euro Leagues), old CCM jersey templates, and sock and pants templates and number/letter fonts.
Speaking of templates, how about finally adding a custom goalie mask creator? Give us like 8-10 mask templates that we can change the colors on and add a team logo to.
In CAP, and Edit Player, allow us to manually enter the dollar amount on a players contract. I timed it. It takes almost 3 minutes to change the dollar amount from $0 to $7.5mil. That’s gotta be addressed.
That’s it for now.
A little off base but wouldn't it be pretty sweet if you could import your EASHL league jersey over to CHEL? Wear a custom jersey would neat.
I’d absolutely die for that!
Are you talking about an online tournament mode? There is a Playoff mode and Tournament mode currently in game right now. Or do you just want more customization options?
It's fun/funny, and doesn't delay the next face-off at all.
- spectator mode (needs to happen with the growth of esports)
- make the Dressing Room just take you to a free skate rink, rdy up in the rink when everyone gets in (2k has this feature for 3 yrs now for nba)
- open all bags option
- When people lag out or other teams back out when you match up, return you to the DR
- If you lag out of a game, when you return to the dressing room be able to join the game again
- Less menus, so many menus to get to one spot
- More build slots
- The after whistle hitting was actually mildly entertaining, should bring it back (the time is still basically the same)
PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGEABLE AT ALL TIMES.
For some reason it cuts off the ability to change it. During play it does not work at all. You have to do it between cut scenes after whistles and even then it doesn't work sometimes.
Also, go back to having the Fwd in the high slot instead of the Dman on the aggresive o zone faceoff play
This. Let us use the strategy window at all times during breaks.
I’m talking about offline tournament mode. Aren’t the “tournament mode” options right now limited to real tournaments with no team substitutions? I could be wrong, but I thought there was a reason I didn’t use that mode more.
I’d love to see the “tournament mode” that’s in FIFA (check it out if you’re unfamiliar) as it’s essentially season mode and playoff mode wrapped into one huge game mode. You can play any season of any league, any knockout of any league, or you can also create your own table tournament (season), knockout bracket, or group + knockout (think FIFA World Cup) tournament and you can put any team you want in any of these formats.
I currently play with 40 custom teams and have two separate OHL season mode files that I use to separate the “conferences” into each league. I then use the “playoff mode” to run two separate 16 team brackets, then another 2-team “playoff mode” to crown the champion. In FIFA’s tournament mode, I could just create one 40-team table mode, then one 32-team bracket mode and do the same thing rather than the 5 files I need in NHL to do the same.
Now, I understand I might be in the minority (and I know I’m crazy), but you’d be surprised at the amount of fully custom 31-team NHL posts I’ve seen on Reddit which leads me to believe there’s other nerds like me out there who would use the expanded “tournament mode” features like FIFA has in NHL.
At the very least, I’d love to see the ability to sub custom teams into any tournament like the CHL so I can actually use that feature. I love the concept but don’t want to use the Euro teams as I don’t follow them nor are they my custom teams that I want to use.