EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Is there a way to turn off Snoop Dog commentary?

It tilts me to no end, I cant stand his voice or the dumb annoying cringe worthy commentary. Did people actually request this feature? Why even waste resources and time on it?

Is there a way to turn off just his segments without muting the whole commentary?

Replies

• Yes in the audio setting ...but not the in game one ...the one in the main menu ...and i am with you with snoop ..
    I listen to it once and after that i had enough .. can t stand it ...

Cheers
    MRSENATEURS
  • One comment that Snoop does, and for those that left it on, you must have heard it. It's regarding the question that James asks Snoop what would Snoop do if he were in charge of the NHL to spice things up...

Snoop answers "adding a half-time show" ....... LMFAO. How does that work with 3 periods?
  • I just turn off the commentary in general. I don't need an announcer yelling every time a pass is made or something insignificant happens. IMO, these are the worst announcers for this series.
  • EA_Aljo
    1236 posts EA Community Manager
    One comment that Snoop does, and for those that left it on, you must have heard it. It's regarding the question that James asks Snoop what would Snoop do if he were in charge of the NHL to spice things up...

Snoop answers "adding a half-time show" ....... LMFAO. How does that work with 3 periods?

Well, he did say he'd add a half-time show. Maybe he'd split the games up into 2 halves. If he were in charge of the NHL, he could do whatever he wants. For the most part at least. Maybe even low rider zambonies and a blinged out piznelaty bizox.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    One comment that Snoop does, and for those that left it on, you must have heard it. It's regarding the question that James asks Snoop what would Snoop do if he were in charge of the NHL to spice things up...

Well, he did say he'd add a half-time show. Maybe he'd split the games up into 2 halves. If he were in charge of the NHL, he could do whatever he wants. For the most part at least. Maybe even low rider zambonies and a blinged out piznelaty bizox.

LOL, that was funny.

Well there you have it. 2x 30 minute periods, a half-time showzizzle with spinner magizzles on the zamboni and a goupe of 24 pom-pom girls called the Foshizzles.

Dang dawg, keeping it real fo' shizzles.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

The American TV networks have been asking the NHL to go to 4 15 minute quarters for decades and thankfully the NHL have not chased that rabbit yet.

However, seeing Rodgers/CBC use the glowing puck at the All-star game was a bit disheartening.

I still fear the bigger (wider) nets are just around the corner.

"But uh, back to the lecture at hand..."

I turn off the commentary the day I install the game but love EA landed Snoop for this. I'd like to see more but these hits are not cheap. I'm not crazy about all the 'influencers' that have been used for the featured team in Squads but again, I know how expensive hiring and using the likeness of celebrities can be. I am surprised more players have not been envolved in both added commentary and featured squads.

This is a PA licensed product after all...