EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Im really sick of games like this... (Video and Pics Devs)

Above1988
80 posts Member
edited March 7
Almost every game is like this.

I out-shoot and out-play my opponent and somehow I still lose. Just look at the vid and pics, this is beyond EA garbage.

Tell me EA.... How can I out-shoot my opponent (who has an 87 OVR goaltender btw) 30-17, and still lose 3-4!? This is almost like every game now! What is going on?!?!?

and dont tell me im not taking "quality shots"..... Im div 1, all year, every year, qualified for the US GWC the last two years and often hit top 100 for the weekly hut champs... I know how to take shots.

Just watch the video, unfortunately it doesn't show every shot but I can assure you I took at least 30 of what SHOULD have been quality, high scoring opportunity shots, only to get stuffed by an 87 overall backup goaltender.

I understand this can happen but really EA??? Im not exaggerating when I say almost every game I lose is like this and its happening way too often now.

Are shots just nerfed and the cpu goalies just supercharged to oblivion or what?

Really frustrating considering that it has nothing to do with your opponents skill losing this way... You're literally just being robbed by the AI of the game!

Please consider this and do something about this please. Its just nonsense losing to a cpu goalie who shouldn't even be that good to begin with!

I mean if anything , even if I WAS taking bad shots with my "95 OVR" players with maxed out shooting stats, then you would think that I would STILL get some lucky goals considering the low rating of the goaltender...

If we are talking about "rewarding skilled play" there's no denying that I completely outplayed my opponent this game and somehow still lost. This happens way too often with this franchise and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way

Ipnkmpg7q84ba.png

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqQZZzCvCQeZonjEiZa429j610_Vh00v1ocrbzkx.png
Post edited by Above1988 on

Replies

• Above1988
    80 posts Member
    edited March 7
    the link to the video is between the two photos

please take a look at this devs it's ridiculous
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Your not the only one ,it's coming to the point that I'm about done with this game ,of what you've mentioned and about another things that at times makes this game just unplayable ,and a lot of people I know are also coming to a point that they are also just about had enough
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    Almost every game is like this.

I out-shoot and out-play my opponent and somehow I still lose. Just look at the vid and pics, this is beyond EA garbage.

Tell me EA.... How can I out-shoot my opponent (who has an 87 OVR goaltender btw) 30-17, and still lose 3-4!? This is almost like every game now! What is going on?!?!?

and dont tell me im not taking "quality shots"..... Im div 1, all year, every year, qualified for the US GWC the last two years and often hit top 100 for the weekly hut champs... I know how to take shots.

Just watch the video, unfortunately it doesn't show every shot but I can assure you I took at least 30 of what SHOULD have been quality, high scoring opportunity shots, only to get stuffed by an 87 overall backup goaltender.

I understand this can happen but really EA??? Im not exaggerating when I say almost every game I lose is like this and its happening way too often now.

Are shots just nerfed and the cpu goalies just supercharged to oblivion or what?

Really frustrating considering that it has nothing to do with your opponents skill losing this way... You're literally just being robbed by the AI of the game!

Please consider this and do something about this please. Its just nonsense losing to a cpu goalie who shouldn't even be that good to begin with!

I mean if anything , even if I WAS taking bad shots with my "95 OVR" players with maxed out shooting stats, then you would think that I would STILL get some lucky goals considering the low rating of the goaltender...

If we are talking about "rewarding skilled play" there's no denying that I completely outplayed my opponent this game and somehow still lost. This happens way too often with this franchise and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way

Ipnkmpg7q84ba.png

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqQZZzCvCQeZonjEiZa429j610_Vh00v1ocrbzkx.png

Sadly with this game, if you know what you're doing, you can score 5 goals on 7-10 shots. The key is to know when and where to fire your wrister.

The good part is it kind of makes it easier to defend because you know where those sweet spots are so you know exactly where your opponent wants to go. But yea, just make a mistake or 2 on defense and next thing you know, boom, 2 goals.
  • In the whole video I counted 3 shots that had a good chance of going in. You also snapped a shot from a distance unnecessarily so I'm led to believe you just don't know which goals go in super often.

I could obviously be wrong though. It's rare that as a high level player you hit somebody with that many shots in thay little of time. I don't think you were as selective as your opponent and it cost you.