EA Forums - Banner

How did I win this game? EA

In all honesty, this guy wasn't the greatest defensively but I find it hard to believe how I was able to win.

Took many penalties, lost 90% of the faceoff, not as many shots on net, etc.

I admit I am good at stick checking but this just isn't realistic in any sense.

I would be disappointed if I lost this game if I were the other guy. He also had a way better team than me. TOTY McDavid and Ovi. 95 Lemieux, 95 Gretzky, TOTY Burns, etc... My highest is 95 Gretzky and a few 91s... the rest are a 90 Tuch and lower... I even have base 87 McDavid, TOTW 87 Toews, and a PT 87 Keith.

So a pretty low end 93 overall team going against an at least 95+ overall team.

EA, you wanted video evidence of obvious problems with this game. Here it is. Plain as day.

Thank you.

Replies

• boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    SturmWolfe wrote: »

In all honesty, this guy wasn't the greatest defensively but I find it hard to believe how I was able to win.

I would be disappointed if I lost this game if I were the other guy. He also had a way better team than me. TOTY McDavid and Ovi. 95 Lemieux, 95 Gretzky, TOTY Burns, etc... My highest is 95 Gretzky and a few 91s... the rest are a 90 Tuch and lower... I even have base 87 McDavid, TOTW 87 Toews, and a PT 87 Keith.

EA, you wanted video evidence of obvious problems with this game. Here it is. Plain as day.

Thank you.

Honestly, you took way too many penalties. You need to calm down with the poke check. You’re lucky that he was not that good.

For the Ice Tilt, there’s none. You outplayed him. People need to stop looking at the stats and look at what’s happening during the game. If you would have taken less penalties, you would have destroyed your opponent. He was able to take advantage of some of the penalties that you took, but beside that, he was predictable and you seemed to have figured him out after his third goal. Every goals in the game were caused by a mistake either by you or your opponent. Yes, some of them were cheesy goals, but they were preceded by a mistake defensively. Your opponent was not even able to take the puck of you or even get out of his zone in the third, and he was on PP for most of it.
  • SturmWolfe wrote: »

Thank you.

Honestly, you took way too many penalties. You need to calm down with the poke check. You’re lucky that he was not that good.

For the Ice Tilt, there’s none. You outplayed him. People need to stop looking at the stats and look at what’s happening during the game. If you would have taken less penalties, you would have destroyed your opponent. He was able to take advantage of some of the penalties that you took, but beside that, he was predictable and you seemed to have figured him out after his third goal. Every goals in the game were caused by a mistake either by you or your opponent. Yes, some of them were cheesy goals, but they were preceded by a mistake defensively. Your opponent was not even able to take the puck of you or even get out of his zone in the third, and he was on PP for most of it.

I normally don't take penalties like this, maybe 1 or two every other game. This game I just had a bit of delay as the connection felt poor. I'm normally able to sway the stick and slip it back to the blue line easily but for whatever reason his players were puck magnets on entering on some of those. Not to mention the one trip I took on a faceoff would never happen if it wasn't for the connection either. I can usually poke the puck free if they win the draw. The poke check didn't actually happen until half a second after I pressed it. lol

But yeah, his play was flawed in many areas.
    I was going to just do mostly blue line shots but I wanted to toy around a bit and test his defensive play. Which turned out to be mostly lazy skill zoning with his compys.
    SturmWolfe wrote: »

Thank you.

I normally don't take penalties like this, maybe 1 or two every other game. This game I just had a bit of delay as the connection felt poor. I'm normally able to sway the stick and slip it back to the blue line easily but for whatever reason his players were puck magnets on entering on some of those. Not to mention the one trip I took on a faceoff would never happen if it wasn't for the connection either. I can usually poke the puck free if they win the draw. The poke check didn't actually happen until half a second after I pressed it. lol

But yeah, his play was flawed in many areas.
    I was going to just do mostly blue line shots but I wanted to toy around a bit and test his defensive play. Which turned out to be mostly lazy skill zoning with his compys.

We seem to agree on what happened in the game and I totally understand that the bad connection causing delay could have been the cause of some of the penalties and goals. Where and how that game was tilted then?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4769 posts EA Community Manager
    I have to agree with @boumbidiboum on you outplaying the opponent. I watched the entire thing and have to say, that was a fun game to watch!

Here's my breakdown of some key moments:

Nice 1 timers at 4 & 7:35, 9:38 early on in the match
    Early penalties put you in a 3v5 situation. You chased the puck instead of staying closer to the posts to play D
    At 8 minutes when you were going North try and cut in front of the skater as soon as possible so they're fully behind you. (Based off watching your video you're very skilled, so you probably do this already but I'm just throwing out what I observed)
    They got a great pass off that led to the goal at 12:10. Sliding would have probably been the better play to stop it. Give them credit though. Great defensive play, great pass, good score
    13:45. Risky!
    Great job wiggling towards the goal shortly later around 14:12
    14:53. "SIT DOWN!" :p
    15:42. That should have been score by the opponent but they made up for it shortly later.
    16:50. That was a great switch by your opponent. You can see them poke the puck away right when they switched. Give them credit for great D!
    17:02. Another risky move by the goalie
    17:34. You almost gave up a breakaway there if their AI kept skating straight. Would have dropped to the ice on that one to take away the passing lane
    17:45. Accept that fight. You're down 1 goal. Look at the fans all sitting down too. Give them some action!
    18:08. Proof. See? They want it. :)
    18:33. That was almost really nice, great attempt. You have a knack for wiggling in between defenders. If you tossed it behind you to Toews I think that might have been a score. Hindsight is 20/20. Great try though
    20:00. Penalty
    20:25. If that pass got off you score.
    20:47. Risky!
    21:00. Little ragging there...
    21:26. Nice moves and shot.
    21:48. That should have been a goal there by your opponent.
    22:00 Penalty
    22:30. Your opponent creates a 4v4
    23:47 More ragging
    23:59. Fans starting to lose hope
    24:24. Nice breakaway score
    25:05. Snack break
    25:41. Your opponent took their player out of position on that play
    27:33. Great defensive switch
    27:39. Great work. Little more accurate pass and that goes in. Again, they took their player out of position.
    29:10 This pretty much sums up your skating skills if anyone wanted the short version on why you won this game. The opponent over-committed too many times where you capitalized

I think what ultimately led to their loss was your better ability of controlling the puck. Early on I wasn't too sure about the passing but then you made up for that with some excellent passing plays that led to scores or very nice attempts. The opponent was extremely aggressive towards the end which led to their demise. Game was intense nearly the whole game though until the last 10 minutes or so. Had a pleasure watching that, thanks for sharing!

Thank you.

The only thing wrong with this video is the title, I saw no “ice tilt” a little lag maybe. You beat him because you out played him and took advantage of your opportunities.