EA Forums - Banner

Why is my higher OVR team losing to lower OVR teams?

2Next

Replies

• xPDogg65x
    827 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Here you go.

Read my above post, EA help is basically useless, they will say just about anything to get you to go away. Again where are the other thousands of people complaining about this so called bug?
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »
    Here you go.

Read my above post, EA help is basically useless, they will say just about anything to get you to go away. Again where are the other thousands of people complaining about this so called bug?

I chat with all the opponents I play against, common to all of them is that they say the game gets worse and worse every year. Let me just remind you that you are for the customers and not the other way around. As for your messages, I perceive them as provocation and not constructive, because then you had sought the solution, but you were looking for the confrontation. I would therefore ask for an email to your manager as I want to complain to you.
  • I have the same issue. Great connection great players and still lose to bad players. Was 24-1-1 and lost 6 straight because my guys and AI become slow and dumb. EA toggles like isp’s do. When you’re doing well they knock you down to size to make sure the weaker teams and players continue to play this bad game. Not stupid EA. It would be nice as well to get a ping below 30. Spend money on more servers located in different areas and more people will buy.
  • I have the same issue. Great connection great players and still lose to bad players. Was 24-1-1 and lost 6 straight because my guys and AI become slow and dumb. EA toggles like isp’s do. When you’re doing well they knock you down to size to make sure the weaker teams and players continue to play this bad game. Not stupid EA. It would be nice as well to get a ping below 30. Spend money on more servers located in different areas and more people will buy.

I’am done with this game, I never ever seen such a DISGUSTING game. mzh5ijcl3wcx.png

• EA_Blueberry
    4641 posts EA Community Manager
    I have the same issue. Great connection great players and still lose to bad players. Was 24-1-1 and lost 6 straight because my guys and AI become slow and dumb. EA toggles like isp’s do. When you’re doing well they knock you down to size to make sure the weaker teams and players continue to play this bad game. Not stupid EA. It would be nice as well to get a ping below 30. Spend money on more servers located in different areas and more people will buy.

@WildSamoan89

There's no toggling. 24-1-1 is a hell of a record and something to be proud of, but were you planning on going 100-1-2? It sounds more like the system recognized your true skill level and placed you up against others of equal skill level where the game could have swung either way, combined with an unlikely losing streak. As you get higher in skill you should expect to lose more games, otherwise you're going to be a top 5 player in the world if you are someone that rarely loses. 24 wins and 7 losses still makes you quite a consistent winner.

@WildSamoan89

There's no toggling. 24-1-1 is a hell of a record and something to be proud of, but were you planning on going 100-1-2? It sounds more like the system recognized your true skill level and placed you up against others of equal skill level where the game could have swung either way, combined with an unlikely losing streak. As you get higher in skill you should expect to lose more games, otherwise you're going to be a top 5 player in the world if you are someone that rarely loses. 24 wins and 7 losses still makes you quite a consistent winner.

I had a post the other day with no replies that sounds related to this maybe in some small way. I'd like to know why it is that when you climb the ranks as you win games it feels like the fat-man lag/delay seems to increase a lot more than your opponent's skill level does? The right players know how to exploit you easily in every way when you have any lag to fight against, and it makes for a very bad/frustrating experience when you can't compete because the game won't let you, so to speak.

A tin-foil hat theory might suggest that the top players are the top players because they don't have to fight the lag like us "normal peasants" here. Not to take anything away from some of the top players, because I have seen a bunch that are totally legit, so this isn't a rant against them so much.

Please make note that the connection to the server seems to always be the same ping with a flat line and no packet loss, so it doesn't SEEM to be a connection problem, but more a problem with the game/programming itself.
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Confusion2000

This sounds connection related in my opinion. Perhaps top players are willing to upgrade to the fastest possible bandwidth package from their ISP if they're planning to be very competitive in the mode, which is why you might feel they have an edge in these circumstances. There's going to be a smaller player pool to select from as you go higher up in ranks to ensure balanced matchmaking, so it's possible to be matched up with players further away from your home location AFAIK.
  • @Confusion2000

This sounds connection related in my opinion. Perhaps top players are willing to upgrade to the fastest possible bandwidth package from their ISP if they're planning to be very competitive in the mode, which is why you might feel they have an edge in these circumstances. There's going to be a smaller player pool to select from as you go higher up in ranks to ensure balanced matchmaking, so it's possible to be matched up with players further away from your home location AFAIK.

Its not connection related, I try 3 difference internet, and I try on my friends playstion. Its the same.

• @Confusion2000

In my location I am stuck with one possible broadband provider, and that is Charter Spectrum. They are very solid for just about everything I do it seems...not much to complain about. In the last year I upgraded from 100/10 to 400/20 speeds which I do get consistently. Doing that upgrade hasn't really upgraded my experience with the game though. It's nice to be able to download things/games a lot faster though.

I feel like the bulk of my games happen at 45-50ms, with an occasional 55-60ms, and once in a blue moon I'll get it in the 70s. This is for the HUT mode Rivals and EASHL mode, where I'm playing on the servers rather than P2P. I can only assume those change in values indicate three different US servers?
  • @Confusion2000

In my location I am stuck with one possible broadband provider, and that is Charter Spectrum. They are very solid for just about everything I do it seems...not much to complain about. In the last year I upgraded from 100/10 to 400/20 speeds which I do get consistently. Doing that upgrade hasn't really upgraded my experience with the game though. It's nice to be able to download things/games a lot faster though.

I feel like the bulk of my games happen at 45-50ms, with an occasional 55-60ms, and once in a blue moon I'll get it in the 70s. This is for the HUT mode Rivals and EASHL mode, where I'm playing on the servers rather than P2P. I can only assume those change in values indicate three different US servers?

I also try with 3 difference broadband provider... But Its a bug in my team, now I cant see the player name in the right corner when I play HUT RIVALS. This game is a joke..

• EA_Aljo
    3039 posts EA Community Manager
    edited April 2020

I also try with 3 difference broadband provider... But Its a bug in my team, now I cant see the player name in the right corner when I play HUT RIVALS. This game is a joke..

I responded to your other thread about this. Thanks.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Can you get a screenshot of this? I'm not totally sure what you're talking about. Thank you.
    When we play HUT RIVALS we can get in contact with the other player, because hes name shows up in the right corner on the TV when the game is on. When we play HUT champions there is no name to see. But now there is no name when I play RIVALS, that means I cant sent the other guy a friend request.

• EA_Blueberry
    @Confusion2000

Are you using the router provided by them or a router designed for gaming? The router is also a huge piece of the puzzle because a router has caps on how much bandwidth it can transfer back and forth, so even if you're upgrading to the highest package you are only going to be able to utilize a portion of it's potential.
  • @Confusion2000

Are you using the router provided by them or a router designed for gaming? The router is also a huge piece of the puzzle because a router has caps on how much bandwidth it can transfer back and forth, so even if you're upgrading to the highest package you are only going to be able to utilize a portion of it's potential.

Since upgrading I have been using their provided modem since my personally owned one isn't capable of the higher speeds. That's what they told me anyways, and I think they are right about that. I have always used my own router though since I need distance coverage as well as speed.

The modem is large with square edges, model number is E31T2V1, and it has a power button and two blue lights on the front for "Power" and "Online" with two extra phone jacks on the back. I assume this modem accommodates the 400 meg service which I have and their phone service which I don't.

The router I'm using currently is an Asus RT-AC3100. I have previously used a Netgear R8500 and and Asus RT-AC68. Back when I was still on 100 meg and 60 meg service I used two different modems that were my own...a Motorola SB6120 until it died, and a Netgear CM400 which still works but doesn't supply the speeds I pay for.

I have experimented with other firmwares on the RT-AC68 and I think I tried something else on the R8500 as well. I don't remember for sure.

I do know for sure that since the NHL series made the jump to PS4 and XB1 that I've had nothing but problems with fat-man lag/delay and controller input not working correctly. To be fair I had MINIMAL issues on PS3/360, but it feels like the jump to the next generation has exponentially amplified the underlying issues from before. This makes the game feel very heavy, slow, weighed-down, and unresponsive compared to my opponents' experiences.