EA Forums - Banner

Players diving

dougboy90
8 posts New member
When I'm on the way to the net I often find opponents will have their plays dive in front of the net so that you can't pass across it. Anyone have any strategies for dealing with? Can you pass over them? Do something else?

Replies

• dougboy90 wrote: »
    When I'm on the way to the net I often find opponents will have their plays dive in front of the net so that you can't pass across it. Anyone have any strategies for dealing with? Can you pass over them? Do something else?

Theres a manual saucer pass...its right bumper on xbox or equivalent on ps4. You can flip it up and over them.
  • EA_Aljo
    1752 posts EA Community Manager
    dougboy90 wrote: »

The saucer pass works pretty well, but make sure you hold it down long enough to go over the diving player and not too much that it goes past the receiver. Something else that sometimes works is to hit the brakes and let them dive, then use the open lane to pass.
  • DetroitPride2114
    233 posts Member
    edited March 25
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    dougboy90 wrote: »

The saucer pass works pretty well, but make sure you hold it down long enough to go over the diving player and not too much that it goes past the receiver. Something else that sometimes works is to hit the brakes and let them dive, then use the open lane to pass.

This is a good strat. In general. Slow up the play and let the defenders glide by and your players get into the play, THEN look for open lanes. I hate the fact that its viable to just hold the puck with 1 guy til a certain high percentage lane opens. You can defend but its boring, not hockey, and the goalies need to learn...gee he shot high shortside his last 9 shots....wonder where hes going to go this time? But nope....they allow the same exact shots over and over and even with a defender in the lane, they can still get a shot around or through you.