EA Forums - Banner

Goalies teleporting around the rink

I've only been regularly playing EASHL for the last 3 weeks or so, and have seen 2-3 teams now exercising some exploit where the goalie can teleport around the rink. Watched a goalie the other day, as soon as his teammate grabbed the puck, the goalie starts into some jerky motion....then glides to center line....and then BOOM, teleports himself right on top of MY goalie, knocking him down...and his teammate gets an easy open net shot.

When is EA planning to fix this?

Replies

• This has been known about for a couple months now I think. At least I've seen videos posted on here about it.
  • Talongore wrote: »
    I've only been regularly playing EASHL for the last 3 weeks or so, and have seen 2-3 teams now exercising some exploit where the goalie can teleport around the rink. Watched a goalie the other day, as soon as his teammate grabbed the puck, the goalie starts into some jerky motion....then glides to center line....and then BOOM, teleports himself right on top of MY goalie, knocking him down...and his teammate gets an easy open net shot.

When is EA planning to fix this?

Not likely this year.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3936 posts EA Community Manager
    @Talongore

The team is aware of this. Thank you for raising these concerns to us.
  • Talongore
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    @Talongore

The team is aware of this. Thank you for raising these concerns to us.

When is the planned fix for this issue?

Also, what would you recommend I do when I encounter a team exploiting this? Options:

1. Quit the game.
    2. Just play thru it.
    3. Rag the puck.
    4. Learn how to teleport the goalie.
    5. Other?

Post edited by Talongore on
  • EA_Aljo
    2152 posts EA Community Manager
    The issue with goalies teleporting was possibly resolved with last night's update.

- Fixed an issue where a human goalie could get into a broken state when hugging the post and requesting a goalie pull

If you're still seeing this happen, please let us know. Thanks!
  • EA_Blueberry
    3936 posts EA Community Manager
    @Talongore

1. Up to you.
    2. Up to you.
    3. People don't like that. It encourages them to keep doing what they're doing.
    4. No.
    5. Report them via Xbox and PlayStation. We'll continue to let the team know we're getting reports of this being experienced in game.
  • @EA_Aljo
    Thanks. Hopefully the issue is resolved. Will report back if I see it continuing.

@EA_Blueberry
    On #3....its not worth debating it really, but why on earth would you think people who decided to cheat in this manner in the first place will ever stop what they are doing unless the action is prevented? Those people cheating like this are ruining the gaming experience for everyone they match up against....and tbh, if I can ruin the experience for them in return by ragging the puck, you can count on me doing it for sure. (And as a side note...hopefully you all can put measures in to stop people from ragging the puck as well, because its super annoying.)