EA Forums - Banner

Way too inconsistent.

I know amd believe ea when they say ice tild isnt real but something is very wrong worth this game. For example, playing squad battles. I played a 77 ovr rated team on superstar. From the first faceoff, their players were stronger and faster than my 93 ovr team.

No matter what i did, their 76 ovr goalie robbed me. They intercepted any pass whether they were looking in that direction or not, my players constantly missed the net, passes would go nowhere near where i aim, every hit i tried to go for, i just bounce off and then he gets by. Anyway, i lost 2 to 1 in ot. I had 28 shots...ai had 18. I had 11 min TOA, ai had 4.

Anywaysb so i replay the game again on superstar. Same team. From first faceoff i dominate. My players are where they need to be, passes are accurate, cant miss the net if i tried and now my hits are laying them out. I didnt switch up strategies or lines or anything. I won this game 8 nothing. So, whats wrong with this game that a 77 ovr team straight up outplays my team in every aspect, yet tue next game they play like the 77 ovr team they are.

So you see ea i believe theres no tilt bit then this brings the question....why is the game so flawed on a fundamental level...no i dont expect to automatically railroad a team cus they have lover ratings...but why do they play so much diff from game to game?

Its these inconsistencies that make people believe in tilt. I d9nt believe its programmed intentionally but something is broken ea, and i urge you to look into it because short of telling people it doesnt exist, youve done nothing to alleviate the issues tthat have been around for years that cause people to think it exists.

Why does that same team on superstar both timesb play so drastically different from one game to the next and its appaarent from the puck drop how the game is gonna play? Please give us a more consistent game. I do t care if i lose but i want it to be because i was outplayed, not because for some reason the ai can seemingly play very highly above their ratings?

What can us customers do to help with this because its absolutely ridiculous. Thanks.

Replies

• The straighter you push up on the RS the more accurate your shot is

Do you ever adjust your strategies?
  • The straighter you push up on the RS the more accurate your shot is

Do you ever adjust your strategies?

I constantly adjust them. Ive been playing nhl games since they started making them and only the last 2 years has this really happened. Thanks for the advice though. But theres still no excuse for why a 77 team plays like a 90 team one game then the next play more to their ratings....and i even outplayed them in the game i lost, but his 76 ovr goalie stood on his head and i couldn't set much up because theyd pick off passes they were nowhere near or not even facing.
  • TR4N23
    31 posts Member
    EA does this to create more engagement amongst players-- essentially putting "randomness" into a larger factor in deciding games. I know exactly how you feel b/c I've played NHL since the first series and saw overtime how the game has changed. It gives the novice or weaker player "a chance" if they are on the better side of the "randomness" so it increases player engagement. Likewise, the dominant player might find himself on the worse side of the "randomness" and thus would need to focus harder and be more engaged. Either way, it's to keep both players more engaged, almost like gambling-- you never know when you get lucky and if you do get lucky, you tend to press your luck and continue playing...
  • I know amd believe ea when they say ice tild isnt real but something is very wrong worth this game. For example, playing squad battles. I played a 77 ovr rated team on superstar. From the first faceoff, their players were stronger and faster than my 93 ovr team.

No matter what i did, their 76 ovr goalie robbed me. They intercepted any pass whether they were looking in that direction or not, my players constantly missed the net, passes would go nowhere near where i aim, every hit i tried to go for, i just bounce off and then he gets by. Anyway, i lost 2 to 1 in ot. I had 28 shots...ai had 18. I had 11 min TOA, ai had 4.

Anywaysb so i replay the game again on superstar. Same team. From first faceoff i dominate. My players are where they need to be, passes are accurate, cant miss the net if i tried and now my hits are laying them out. I didnt switch up strategies or lines or anything. I won this game 8 nothing. So, whats wrong with this game that a 77 ovr team straight up outplays my team in every aspect, yet tue next game they play like the 77 ovr team they are.

So you see ea i believe theres no tilt bit then this brings the question....why is the game so flawed on a fundamental level...no i dont expect to automatically railroad a team cus they have lover ratings...but why do they play so much diff from game to game?

Its these inconsistencies that make people believe in tilt. I d9nt believe its programmed intentionally but something is broken ea, and i urge you to look into it because short of telling people it doesnt exist, youve done nothing to alleviate the issues tthat have been around for years that cause people to think it exists.

Why does that same team on superstar both timesb play so drastically different from one game to the next and its appaarent from the puck drop how the game is gonna play? Please give us a more consistent game. I do t care if i lose but i want it to be because i was outplayed, not because for some reason the ai can seemingly play very highly above their ratings?

What can us customers do to help with this because its absolutely ridiculous. Thanks.

I don't have those problems with my 92 team.

• I know amd believe ea when they say ice tild isnt real but something is very wrong worth this game. For example, playing squad battles. I played a 77 ovr rated team on superstar. From the first faceoff, their players were stronger and faster than my 93 ovr team.

Really? Cus if i play a team and get beat in a close game then replay it, itll play totally different. Also ive see you in the sb top 100 so im going to assume you are at a diff skill level than i am. And if its not a realistic looking hockey play, im prob not doing it because its not fun to me.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1477 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    I know amd believe ea when they say ice tild isnt real but something is very wrong worth this game. For example, playing squad battles. I played a 77 ovr rated team on superstar. From the first faceoff, their players were stronger and faster than my 93 ovr team.

Really? Cus if i play a team and get beat in a close game then replay it, itll play totally different. Also ive see you in the sb top 100 so im going to assume you are at a diff skill level than i am. And if its not a realistic looking hockey play, im prob not doing it because its not fun to me.

I take what I get. Short side, behind the net to out front slot one timers, cross crease with both off wing and natural wing, d to d point shots, break away etc. I try not to utilize any one shot unless it's open.

If I can't get anything going on my more defensive starting strategies, I'll put them up to more aggressive and try different things.

I try to play the game as much like hockey as I can.

Then again, my team probably makes it easier, so it's probably a factor.