EA Forums - Banner

Rename NHL20

@Devs
Can you just go ahead and rename the game from NHL20 to Keep Away20? Or at least rename EASHL to KeepAwayLeague? It sure isn't hockey.

Once you reach Div1, pretty much any game against a team with a decent record is nothing but a ragfest game. Literally a game of keep away for 20 minutes, when you have Power Forwards and even gigantic Enforcers who can maneuver the puck like a dangler, and its practically impossible to knock the puck away from them.

Just a terrible game when its like this.

Replies

• Talongore wrote: »
    @Devs
    Can you just go ahead and rename the game from NHL20 to Keep Away20? Or at least rename EASHL to KeepAwayLeague? It sure isn't hockey.

Once you reach Div1, pretty much any game against a team with a decent record is nothing but a ragfest game. Literally a game of keep away for 20 minutes, when you have Power Forwards and even gigantic Enforcers who can maneuver the puck like a dangler, and its practically impossible to knock the puck away from them.

Hut is like this too....but they defend these people and tell me if im good enough to make it to divisions where people play like this, i need to adapt to that style...umm that style or pyck ragging, one man glitch cheesing should never be a viable option.
  • Talongore wrote: »
    @Devs

Hut is like this too....but they defend these people and tell me if im good enough to make it to divisions where people play like this, i need to adapt to that style...umm that style or pyck ragging, one man glitch cheesing should never be a viable option.

This is D1 and D2 rivals and Hut champs is the same another reason why I stopped playing a week ago the game isn't fun at all
  • Sega82mega
    2340 posts Member
    Know what you mean, burn them out with a full forecheck mixed with patience. Soon they will have to make a pass. But it sucks people do this, I dont even see the point. Buy a hockey game and dont even try to play hockey..?
  • EA_Blueberry
    3942 posts EA Community Manager
    Thank you for your feedback, @Talongore. We'll pass along thoughts to the dev team how you all feel about ragging as we've discussed in numerous threads that can found via the search button in which NHLDev has jumped into. No guarantee on any changes anytime soon and they'll consider these thoughts for future discussions surrounding player pain points. Some players have chimed in with best practices on how to defend it. Can be tough, but if you're looking for help on how to increase your chances of taking the puck away from the puck carriers it could help avoid the frustration you're experiencing in the meantime.
  • Thank you for your feedback, @Talongore. We'll pass along thoughts to the dev team how you all feel about ragging as we've discussed in numerous threads that can found via the search button in which NHLDev has jumped into. No guarantee on any changes anytime soon and they'll consider these thoughts for future discussions surrounding player pain points. Some players have chimed in with best practices on how to defend it. Can be tough, but if you're looking for help on how to increase your chances of taking the puck away from the puck carriers it could help avoid the frustration you're experiencing in the meantime.

Not gonna lie, kinda was disappointed you didn't say, "I'll run the name suggestions along to the team". Would have absolutely killed me hahaha
  • Thank you for your feedback, @Talongore. We'll pass along thoughts to the dev team how you all feel about ragging as we've discussed in numerous threads that can found via the search button in which NHLDev has jumped into. No guarantee on any changes anytime soon and they'll consider these thoughts for future discussions surrounding player pain points. Some players have chimed in with best practices on how to defend it. Can be tough, but if you're looking for help on how to increase your chances of taking the puck away from the puck carriers it could help avoid the frustration you're experiencing in the meantime.

Appreciate it for sure, but it seems we have this conversation every year for a while now and the only thing that it seems was ever tried was the blown tire thing....which was my suggestion back in the day. It kinda worked sometimes. Why was that ever removed? Thanks again.

Appreciate it for sure, but it seems we have this conversation every year for a while now and the only thing that it seems was ever tried was the blown tire thing....which was my suggestion back in the day. It kinda worked sometimes. Why was that ever removed? Thanks again.

I've been saying this for awhile now it would definitely make the ballerina Mary's move the puck ,but hey EA can't upset the top elite players they might stop playing the game ,that's what one elite player said on Reddit ,so this ragging and ballerina hockey we have will never get fixed
  • Fixing, completing, and/or making sense of this game is FAR BEYOND DRIVEN.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    Fixing, completing, and/or making sense of this game is FAR BEYOND DRIVEN.

Yeah, sadly I think devs lost control years ago.