EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 Legends/Alumni

EA has license for the NHL Alumni Association to add players in-game. After looking at their twitter feed and doing some research, it appears these players MAY end up in NHL 21. Still a couple big names missing like Bossy, Fedorov, Richard, Esposito, Bobby Hull, Kariya, Lindros, Hasek, Iginla, Bondra, Alfredsson, etc. These are the players that I could find that are definitely members or have been at least mentioned:

Pavel Bure
Bobby Orr
Martin Brodeur
Henrik & Daniel Sedin
Roberto Luongo
Tomas Kaberle
Todd Bertuzzi
Jamie Macoun
Stan Smyl
Doug Weight
Niklas Kronwall
Chris Kunitz

Replies

• 32Doak
    103 posts Member
    Thank you for combining the definite members with the ones who have at least been mentioned. This clears things up for sure.
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    32Doak wrote: »
    Thank you for combining the definite members with the ones who have at least been mentioned. This clears things up for sure.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but for reference the only ones I’m not positive on are Bobby Orr, Bertuzzi, and Macoun

Everyone else is an “Alumni member”. There is a very high likelihood they’ll be in the game. Brodeur definitely will be in as well as both Sedins.
  • It may be that not all those players are in the Association as well. Gordie Howe always had problems with the PA and I don't think he ever became a member. I was surprised to see him in the game this year but not surprising it was after he passed.

Many of the players on that list have been in the game in past years and a couple like Kronwall & Kunitz are in this year.

I would so love a Fedorov but he also had issues with the PA and others in the league not giving him his due. I think if the Wings would put him in the 'Ring of Honor' that would go a long way in resolving some of the issues. I think Yzerman will do him a solid and give him a chance at burying the hatchet.

No Ray Bourque Icon is the biggest miss of this season's lineup, especially since he had a card in the Classic event.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4395 posts EA Community Manager
    It may be that not all those players are in the Association as well. Gordie Howe always had problems with the PA and I don't think he ever became a member. I was surprised to see him in the game this year but not surprising it was after he passed.

Many of the players on that list have been in the game in past years and a couple like Kronwall & Kunitz are in this year.

I would so love a Fedorov but he also had issues with the PA and others in the league not giving him his due. I think if the Wings would put him in the 'Ring of Honor' that would go a long way in resolving some of the issues. I think Yzerman will do him a solid and give him a chance at burying the hatchet.

No Ray Bourque Icon is the biggest miss of this season's lineup, especially since he had a card in the Classic event.

Would love Fedorov too. The Red Wings were my team back on SNES because of him.
  • Efbomb
    159 posts Member
    It may be that not all those players are in the Association as well. Gordie Howe always had problems with the PA and I don't think he ever became a member. I moo was surprised to see him in the game this year but not surprising it was after he passed.

Would love Fedorov too. The Red Wings were my team back on SNES because of him.

I took the time (over 2 months) and created a ton of CAPs, Fedorov included, of guys I remembered from the late 80’s through the mid 00’s.

Not sure exactly how many CAPs I made, but I now have 31 Alumni Teams with 15 forwards, 9 defenseman and 3 goalies. All with NO duplicate players, so it’s quite a lot. If I had to guess, it’s probably around 350 CAPs.

But, there is a problem.

I didn’t make any players that did not wear a helmet, and I only made a handful of players whose names were not on the “play by play” list.

Unfortunately, Fedorov is among those whose name isn’t on that list, so I had to give him a name that’s vaguely similar. Other players I made whose names aren’t available are; Paul Kariya, Sergei Zubov, Dale Hunter, Dino Ciccarelli, Petr Bondra, Slava Fetisov, Alexei Kovalev, Petr Nedved, Petr Klima, Tom Barrasso, Ron Tugnutt and a few others I can’t remember at the moment.

At the very least, I wish EA would add more names of older players to the “play by play” list. And another thing that’s a must is to allow us to make CAPs without helmets or goalie masks.

• Players i want to NHL 21 alumni is

*Bobby orr
    *Phil esposito
    *vladimir konstantinov
    *Pavel Bure
    *Dave Brown
    *Rick Tocchet
    *Craig Berube
    *Maurice Richard
    *Eric lindros
    *Paul Kariya
    *Mike Bossy
    *Turk Broda
    *Martin Brodeur
    *King Clancy
    *Sergei Fedorov
    *Bob Gainey
    *Doug Harvey
    *Dominik Hasek
    *Tim Horton
    *Bobby hull
    *Jacques Lemaire
    *Dickie Moore
    *Eddie Shore
    *Scott Stevens
    * Adam foote
    * Tiger Williams
    *Dave semenko
    I really hope this players Will enterd THE NHL 21
  • Efbomb
    159 posts Member
    While I’m thankful to EA for adding over 250 Alumni at launch, I’m curious to see if ANY new alumni are added, since they never added any during the season.

According to Glen Healy, the head of the NHLAA, they had over 2,100 members as of the All-Star game in St.Louis this year, so I see no reason other than sheer laziness that we can’t have full Alumni team rosters with NO duplicate players.

I took on the overwhelming task of creating over 350 CAPs to achieve such a goal, but there were limitations to who I could create, so I’m missing many players. Since we have to have players wearing helmets and goalie masks, I couldn’t make any guys from the 50’s-70’s. And since we have to assign a “play by play” name to a CAP, I’m missing many players from the 80’s-10’s, as many of the top players during that time do not have their names in the list.

All in all, huge props to EA for putting in the effort and finally giving us Alumni Teams. It’s just that, I’m my opinion, it was done only half heartedly and needs major improvement.
  • Players i want to NHL 21 alumni is

*Bobby orr
    *Phil esposito
    *vladimir konstantinov
    *Pavel Bure
    *Dave Brown
    *Rick Tocchet
    *Craig Berube
    *Maurice Richard
    *Eric lindros
    *Paul Kariya
    *Mike Bossy
    *Turk Broda
    *Martin Brodeur
    *King Clancy
    *Sergei Fedorov
    *Bob Gainey
    *Doug Harvey
    *Dominik Hasek
    *Tim Horton
    *Bobby hull
    *Jacques Lemaire
    *Dickie Moore
    *Eddie Shore
    *Scott Stevens
    * Adam foote
    * Tiger Williams
    *Dave semenko
    I really hope this players Will enterd THE NHL 21

Pretty sure Turk Broda and Tim Horton are in NHL 20.

The rest of these needs to be added though. If not possible due to rights I totally understand but atleast then give us the option to create players without helmets so we can create Esposito, Orr and Hull etc.

Also please add these names to the play by play list or att the very least give us the option to chose "none" as play by play name when their name isn't there

• Efbomb
    159 posts Member
    I just want to throw this out there.

In a perfect world, I’d love to see an Alumni based “Battle for the Cup” mode.

Pick a Finals matchup from the last 30 years. That matchup would then include all the players, uniforms and arenas from that specific Final.

Hey, a guy can dream, right?
  • Full teams from the 100 year history of the league would be great. For example, I’d love to play the 32 Leafs vs the 87 Oilers
  • I want to see the following legend players in NHL 21

Goalies:

- Martin Brodeur
    - Miikka Kiprusoff
    - Tommy Salo
    - Arturs Irbe

Defencemans:

- Adam Foote
    - Kimmo Timonen
    - Scott Stevens
    - Bobby Orr
    - Slava Fetisov