EA Forums - Banner

Decline in EASHL Connections

Prev1
Has anybody else noticed a significant decline in the quality of EASHL clubs connections? My squad and I have noticed an increase in skipping and lag spikes. If it was just one of us then we could just assume that their individual connection was the issue. Unfortunately, we're all experiencing the same lag spikes and poorer than average connections. Last night, in the intermission we were checking connections and we would have pings averaging like 50 ms and then jumping to 700+ ms.
We have theories that, since the stay at home order was put into place, the servers may be overloaded. If so, could a DEV comment on the servers status?

Replies

• Could also be the internet providers lowering speeds as well. I'm pretty sure Shaw is basically not giving us the speeds we pay for due to the pandemic as well. I pay for 300 down, we aren't getting that anymore, that's for sure. My buddy says the same thing.
  • Noticed this myself as well. Generally my connection is pretty stable around 20-30ms but the past 2 nights its been all over the place.
  • Has anybody else noticed a significant decline in the quality of EASHL clubs connections? My squad and I have noticed an increase in skipping and lag spikes. If it was just one of us then we could just assume that their individual connection was the issue. Unfortunately, we're all experiencing the same lag spikes and poorer than average connections. Last night, in the intermission we were checking connections and we would have pings averaging like 50 ms and then jumping to 700+ ms.
    We have theories that, since the stay at home order was put into place, the servers may be overloaded. If so, could a DEV comment on the servers status?

I noticed the same thing ChemWarfare94... but since we play on the same team I guess that's not a surprise. We first started noticing this SIGNIFICANT lag/jumpy screens late last week and over the weekend. We weren't having this issue the first 3 weeks of 'stay at home', so it seems like some new variable.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    ISP's are fine.

9324120598.png

These lag spikes happen ALL game, every game. I record all our games so I have proof.

95pAku3.png

When I'm getting a buttery smooth connection in VR FPS shooters, and barely a hiccup playing ED on Xbox, this is unacceptable and unplayable when you run into spikes that occur once every 6-10 seconds.
  • Like I had mentioned prior, if any of the Devs could comment on this it would be appreciated.
  • EA_Aljo
    3020 posts EA Community Manager
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    ISP's are fine.

9324120598.png

These lag spikes happen ALL game, every game. I record all our games so I have proof.

95pAku3.png

When I'm getting a buttery smooth connection in VR FPS shooters, and barely a hiccup playing ED on Xbox, this is unacceptable and unplayable when you run into spikes that occur once every 6-10 seconds.

Did these spikes just start since the stay at home policies started taking place around the world several weeks ago?
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    ISP's are fine.

9324120598.png

95pAku3.png

Did these spikes just start since the stay at home policies started taking place around the world several weeks ago?

I started noticing them maybe three weeks ago.
  • been a few laggy games tonight nv1j8iiekx86.jpg
  • was happening to both teams and all 6 players
  • EA_Aljo
    edited April 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    ISP's are fine.

9324120598.png

95pAku3.png

It's possible this is due to the strain the internet is feeling from so many staying home. What system are you playing on? Alternate DNS servers and opening ports may help. Also, if you're not already, using a wired connection will be more stable than wireless.
    ISP's are fine.

9324120598.png

95pAku3.png

It's possible this is due to the strain the internet is feeling from so many staying home. What system are you playing on? Alternate DNS servers and opening ports may help. Also, if you're not already, using a wired connection will be more stable than wireless.

I'm wired and my xbox has port priority. We were playing last night and noticed that if we had connections with average 90+ ms we weren't experiencing the spikes. If we had 50- ms, we had the spikes. Could there be an issue with the Western Server?
  • EA_Aljo
    ISP's are fine.

9324120598.png

95pAku3.png

I'm wired and my xbox has port priority. We were playing last night and noticed that if we had connections with average 90+ ms we weren't experiencing the spikes. If we had 50- ms, we had the spikes. Could there be an issue with the Western Server?

I'm not aware of any issues that were occurring last night. Does it happen outside of last night also?
  • deadman9999
    877 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    ISP's are fine.

9324120598.png

95pAku3.png

I'm not aware of any issues that were occurring last night. Does it happen outside of last night also?

Well like i said above on ps4 there were a few ganes that had the spike lag on both teams all players
  • EA_Aljo
    ISP's are fine.

9324120598.png

95pAku3.png

Well like i said above on ps4 there were a few ganes that had the spike lag on both teams all players

I haven't heard of any known issues recently. We'd have to go through troubleshooting if it's regularly happening.
  • Well if it happens soon again i will post
  • It’s been happening to me and my club the last three nights or so. It will lag for all my teammates at the same time and possibly the other team.

It’s not our connection. It has to be due the stay at home policies straining the servers because I’ve never had any lag like this.
    ISP's are fine.

9324120598.png

95pAku3.png

It has been a constant for a couple weeks. I play most nights.
  • ChemWarfare94
    102 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Played last night and took this screenshot during one of the intermissions. Shortly after the period started, the connection spiked again.

qb1uqcetjcc8.jpeg
  • Played last night and had spikes from 300 - 900 ms. This is getting really annoying and makes me not want to play.