EA Forums - Banner

Freezing, skipping, repeat face-offs

Never had a problem, but starting last week, every single online game starts with terrible skipping, pausing gameplay. First period is a write off, unless I get scored on, then it seems to level out. I don't care about wins, losses. I just play for fun but it's mostly unplayable lately. Is there an honest answer, or just wait it out? I am not technical at all, so I don't care about servers and crap. I just want to know if it will stop eventually. I know ea won't admit any fault on their end, but if too many people are on due to the current state of the world, then I'll just take a break for awhile.

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3217 posts EA Community Manager
    Never had a problem, but starting last week, every single online game starts with terrible skipping, pausing gameplay. First period is a write off, unless I get scored on, then it seems to level out. I don't care about wins, losses. I just play for fun but it's mostly unplayable lately. Is there an honest answer, or just wait it out? I am not technical at all, so I don't care about servers and crap. I just want to know if it will stop eventually. I know ea won't admit any fault on their end, but if too many people are on due to the current state of the world, then I'll just take a break for awhile.

Hello. We would need to go through some troubleshooting to find out why this is happening to you. Of course, if you haven't in a while, power cycle your equipment with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. That may help with this. If it doesn't, let me know and we can keep working on this.
  • I just had this exact issue 25 minutes ago, I scored a ridiculously lucky deflection goal and went to record the replay then the following faceoff I won and it replayed the faceoff 6 times and I won all then I lost connection and took a 20 minute break and came back to the same loading screen, could it be something in the source code left in by devs and exploited by select players, Iv had similar problems after i score 1-2 unanswered goals in the 1st or 3rd period and I get lagged out just out of no where and sadly no points, I should be getting platinum with ease, instead I struggle to even make par with gold.. I can send you recorded session of of this happening as well if you like, can this be fixed?
  • EA_Aljo
    3217 posts EA Community Manager
    I just had this exact issue 25 minutes ago, I scored a ridiculously lucky deflection goal and went to record the replay then the following faceoff I won and it replayed the faceoff 6 times and I won all then I lost connection and took a 20 minute break and came back to the same loading screen, could it be something in the source code left in by devs and exploited by select players, Iv had similar problems after i score 1-2 unanswered goals in the 1st or 3rd period and I get lagged out just out of no where and sadly no points, I should be getting platinum with ease, instead I struggle to even make par with gold.. I can send you recorded session of of this happening as well if you like, can this be fixed?

We're not aware of anything built into the game that would resolve this as it's normally connection related. When this happens, it means you're not synched with the servers. Eventually, it disconnects due to this. How frequently does it happen? It should be rare on a wired connection, but more frequent on wireless. No matter how good a connection you have, it's never going to be 100% perfect all the time. Even when wired, but you'll have a far more stable connection so these occurrences would be a lot less.
  • I'm wired connection, with any other game I have 0 issues with connection, are you %100 sure or are you just trying to brush me off, it only happens at suspicious times, this has happened in the past once and I won the faceoff then it restarted I won and 3rd time it restarted the faceoff I lost and it went on with the game, I'v played nhl games since NHLPA 93 all the way up to recent years buying every other year and at time consecutively. I'm competitive, love the game and always looking for a challenge, but this is an unfair advantage, can you please at least try to look into this I hope this is not a concern on nhl 21.
  • xPDogg65x
    829 posts Member
    This has been happening for a few years now, it is when the games are out of sync, sometimes they sync up again sometimes there’s a disconnect. I have only had it happen to me twice since I got this years game in January. So really not a big deal to me, but would be annoying if it happened a lot.