EA Forums - Banner

Pack Buying Strategy

What is the best pack buying stately to get better players?
Saving up coins to buy the higher priced packs or buying the lower priced packs and trading up with sets?

Replies

• Don't buy packs. Save your coins and buy the player you want.
  • Only buy packs to use the items in sets. Do not buy packs looking for a high rated player. You will only be disapointed.

I like to roll the Icon and Master sets so I only value packs with all gold players or guranteed collectables/players. I use some of my coins to buy cheap gold players and roll them into collectables. Added with my Squad rewards I can add a new Icon or Master Set player every week or 2.
  • Got lucky in my rival rewards today, I always take the untradeable packs cause I’m just looking to turn them into collectables but the 99 Bourque I pulled today made the team. But pulls like that are few and far between.
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »
    Got lucky in my rival rewards today, I always take the untradeable packs cause I’m just looking to turn them into collectables but the 99 Bourque I pulled today made the team. But pulls like that are few and far between.

I pulled 97 Peter Forsberg from my rival rewards tonight (I also take the untradable packs). I also pulled 2 95 Playoff Seth Jones's from last weeks SB rewards, using one, sold the other. The first week of the Nations of Hockey event I pulled a 98 Kovalchuk from SB rewards and sold it for a million. I've never, in years of playing HUT, had this much pack luck.
  • Matthewlee31
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the help everyone. I bought a Brett Burns and Drew Doughty got a little over 3k in coins combined and it has paid off already.
    Post edited by Matthewlee31 on
  • xPDogg65x
    829 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    MikeyAU630 wrote: »
    xPDogg65x wrote: »
    Got lucky in my rival rewards today, I always take the untradeable packs cause I’m just looking to turn them into collectables but the 99 Bourque I pulled today made the team. But pulls like that are few and far between.

I pulled 97 Peter Forsberg from my rival rewards tonight (I also take the untradable packs). I also pulled 2 95 Playoff Seth Jones's from last weeks SB rewards, using one, sold the other. The first week of the Nations of Hockey event I pulled a 98 Kovalchuk from SB rewards and sold it for a million. I've never, in years of playing HUT, had this much pack luck.

Just decided to spend 45k on a pack, went and pulled 99 TOTW Matthews. Now I can’t decide if I should play him or sell him, I was hoping for a good left shot forward when I opened the pack, can’t get much better. I guess pulls like that aren’t always far between.
    Post edited by xPDogg65x on
  • f046ea5n7pcn.jpeg
    Finally got a pull. This is from a premium player pack that I got for trading in May collectibles.
    It may not be like some of the other but it’s my first big card.
    Sucks that’s it’s untradeable but I guess I can sell my silver icon mike richter.
    Got to be honest, it quite a rush to get a pull. Makes me want to open more but I won’t fall into that trap.
  • Nice pull!

The only way you want to get packs this late in the season is from sets and rewards.

I'd upgrade that Richter if I had it. The Gold Icon has been tough on me when I've come across it.