EA Forums - Banner

Stanley Cup Pack Purchase Reset - Another EA Scam?

PaulieV31
18 posts Member
edited May 2020
The graphic for the Stanley Cup packs in the store indicate the untradeable "Making History" pack is restricted to 2 per week. When does that week reset? Is it 7 days from when the 2nd pack is purchased or is it supposed to reset every Thursday the same as Squad Battles?

Anyone know? Thanks in advance!
"Just the tip" - Sterling Archer
Post edited by PaulieV31 on

Replies

• The new week starts every Friday at 2pm Pacific Time.
  • so why am I not allowed to open the packs then????????
    now almost 3pm pacific time
  • PaulieV31
    18 posts Member
    I just tried to purchase a "Making History" pack and was also told it was not available. If the purchase option resets on Friday then I should be able to buy additional packs now

What's the deal here?
    "Just the tip" - Sterling Archer
  • still no response from anyone?

is this not the official ea site for nhl20??? not reddit, and not twitter. this is just another bad pr set up by ea.

business tip.......ignore reddit and twitter to bring the masses back to THE OFFICIAL EA SITE and let the other sites eat static.
  • xPDogg65x
    829 posts Member
    I don’t know about the weekly update, but the 24 hr update is 24 hours from the previous purchase, maybe the weekly is the same, 1 week from the last one you bought? Just a guess.
  • so now 3....yes 3 full days from last post, and still no response.....wow....still cannot open the packs either

I love how ea braggs about the billions in micro transactions, and yet here I am, waiving money in their faces, and they will not take it.

if I were ceo reading this ( like he/she should be ) I would seriously wonder if I have the right people in my nhl division AND monitoring my forums.'

sorry guys, but enough is enough
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    Sorry for the late response on this. When there's a limit of x amount of packs per week, you can't buy another pack until a week from buying the last pack has gone by. For example, if you buy 2 packs on Tuesday, you need to wait until the following Tuesday to be able to buy more. It doesn't reset on Fridays. If you bought the packs on separate days, you can't buy another until a week passes from the first pack purchase.
  • @EA_Aljo

thank you for the response my friend, and I forgive for the tone....ea is bass ackwards, and frustrating at best.

here is the problem though....last week I bought both packs on Friday, and now it is the Monday, after the new Friday, and I still am not able to open the packs. so there is a problem here.

and for the future, ea should just have the reset on Friday at 2pm regardless. even if I just purchased 2 packs at 1:50pm.

this way this is 1 less problem to deal with.

and thanks again
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    @EA_Aljo

thank you for the response my friend, and I forgive for the tone....ea is bass ackwards, and frustrating at best.

here is the problem though....last week I bought both packs on Friday, and now it is the Monday, after the new Friday, and I still am not able to open the packs. so there is a problem here.

and for the future, ea should just have the reset on Friday at 2pm regardless. even if I just purchased 2 packs at 1:50pm.

this way this is 1 less problem to deal with.

and thanks again

You should have been able to purchase more packs after a week from your last purchase of that same pack. That's odd it won't let you. Unless they were opened as part of rewards from challenges, CS, Rivals, Squad Battles, etc. That particular blue pack wasn't given out with rewards. As far as I know at least. What system are you playing on? Also, have you done a full power cycle of your network equipment and console?