EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Gameplay

Replies

  • > @Treatmentworke66 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes there are it's ashame what they've done to this series ...just out of curiosity what are the most glaring issue's for you about the game you don't like besides the DDA ...for me it's the goalies and the unrealistic game play ,etc ....

    Basically everything i've stated has made this game so unplayable for me. As you stated, goalies are a joke, gameplay is unrealistic. Gameplay is a bad arcade game and doesn't even try to resemble real hockey. Another huge problem I have is defense, which seems to be non existent in this game. Everything is geared toward the offensive player, the puck literally sticks to him regardless of how good you play D. Pucks go right through you, you have no idea how many times i have perfectly defended a cross crease pass or a 2 on 1 pass just to have the puck go right through me for a scripted goal. Happens all the time, absolutely ridiculous. Game is way too scripted and predictable. NHL 20 makes NHL 19 look like a masterpiece, that's how despicable NHL20 is. I really could go on and on, I just cannot believe EA actually released this garbage. All the technology in the world at their disposal, and this is the shameful and disgraceful product they put out.

    You EA guys really need to take a long look at this post. I wanna know if you disagree and why? I think this post is so important to look at because for the most part he highlights to a tee what makes NHL less skill based than it used to be.

    Doing the right thing is not being rewarded enough. Doing the wrong thing and having some choppy, random outcome favor the player who did said “wrong thing” (for lack of a better term) is somewhat rampant throughout this game and it’s only been getting worse. On top of that there are so many other things that make this a less skill based, more luck/random outcome driven mess at times. Too many times at that. Way too many times.

    I can't see them agreeing and besides they think this game is nearly flawless , because according to them it's mostly human error that leads to most of the bad play , makes me think twice about buying next year's game
  • Sega82mega
    1239 posts Member
    edited May 23
    I dont mean to be rude, but I will say that im a vet, I have played many editions along the years, and when 'EA' says its mostly human error that mess up the game, im sorry, I has to aggre. Because if im dont, im afraid this serie takes opposite direction, this game aint flawless. But its pretty much is. Then that connective problems mess up abit, thats one thing, but when it comes to hockey, I would say, this year is that year, I had the most fun in a hockey game.

    Connection/human - bad mix. And we all like to win hehe

    I can say one human error, it is that, many people hold there left thump forward/up when they suppose to play down. Theres two side of the rink, up and down. People have been brain Washed thinking I can only hold my left thumb one direction.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • I'm a vet also ,and yeah sure there is but when people send in clips about they same exact thing happening to them as other players and they blame it on human error come on now , example the AI d just leaving his position for no reason sorry to disagree but the game is bad ,it's not rated to stars because it's good
  • Sega82mega
    1239 posts Member
    edited May 23
    pretty simple answers, connection. Thats why stupid stuff happens, becuse it mess up the game engine thats running the show, it gets unbalance in a easy way. But the game itself, without this problem, is great. Have you tryed offline with BF1 tunnings?

    What if many people doing the same error, wouldnt that affect the amount of clips that show weird stuff happens. Weird stuff happens all the time when im outside the dorr, its often my own fault. :)

    The AI is getting out of possesion is becuse human is getting out of possesion, in a way :)
  • xPDogg65x
    686 posts Member
    I consider myself a vet as well. I have played video games since, well since there were video games and hockey games since they started.
    In my opinion we will never get a true hockey sim as I don’t believe it’s possible. Just look at tripping in the game, most can agree that a good portion of tripping in the game would not be called in an actual real life game, referee’s have a huge grey area to play with and make judgment calls all the time. This is a computer program that is black and white, yes or no. There is no judgement or grey area, stick touches legs or skates = tripping.
    We are a long way off when game consoles can actually think the same as a human ref and see why something happened then use Their judgment To make a call or not.
    Then there’s the connection, that can take a decent game and screw it all to hell. Add the glitchers and puck raggers and I wonder why I still buy this game every year? I must enjoy playing or I wouldn’t fork out the money for the game and usually a couple hundred extra through the year in hut.

    Just my 2 cents
  • Sega82mega
    1239 posts Member
    Good said. I think you buy it becuse you love hockey and it gives you abit hockey. Not all, but something.

    And as you said, perfect is imposible with this prerequisites we have. But the right balance for 'all' will give us pretty much, hockey.
  • I’m as vet as it gets when it comes to NHL so I know what I’m talking about and it’s not user error. If that’s what you’re going to chalk it up to - when pucks go through sticks and skates and incidental contact doesn’t knock a puck loose when it should - then you’re definitely on a whole different wavelength than me. When the lone cpu player in EASHL suddenly goes into god mode because ‘why not?’ then I have a gripe.

    I’ve been playing the NHL series since the first title was developed against really good players and this game has a lot of problems. My friends have all stopped playing this game and they were yearly buyers up until about NHL 15.

    I personally didn’t even know about these forums until NHL 15 because that’s when I started googling stuff like “NHL is terrible” which led me here. Now this game isn’t terrible and neither were 19 and 18, but there is a lot more wrong current gen NHL games than there was on previous gen NHL games.
  • Sega82mega
    1239 posts Member
    Well we all have a diffrent view and feeling of hockey.

    Thoose things that happen, does it happen in offline too? If you see my point. When theres come to gaming online, things get in the way for the game, its not like the game makers is thinking, "here, lets make this one AI defender stupid in the head", its happen, but not as often anymore.
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited May 24
    Again it's not user error when the AI d men step for no reason or abandon their position for no reason ,it's not user error when goalies get beat from impossible angles on a one handed tuck or that bh fh bh move that is effective 99% of the time from angles that a pee wee goalie would never bite on , again people have sent in clips of the d men doing those things and as for the goalies they are made bad on purpose
  • Sega82mega
    1239 posts Member
    Perfect they send in clips, depending on the clip, that might lead to an even better game next year.
  • Sega82mega
    1239 posts Member
    edited May 24
    Its not ea's fault alot of people dont know how a hockey rink works, theres one offensive side and then there is the defensiv side. People play offens when they 'should' play defense. Its even so bad that many rely more on the AI then the human mind, when the fun is about to happen, people go AFK becuse they dont know how to play Defense.. Tell me, how are you using your left thumb when your about to defend?
  • I disagree it's not the players fault that EA doesn't know how hockey is played.... again this game has a 2 star rating because it's a bad game
  • Sega82mega
    1239 posts Member
    edited May 24
    Okey, but not in my book. But I respect your opinion.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited May 24
    Badly programmed A.I, unresponsive controls, laggy menues, glitches, errors, broken sliders, etc = NOT user error.

  • Sega82mega
    1239 posts Member
    edited May 24
    And the solution to these problems is...? Just do it better and do it now?
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    And the solution to these problems is...? Just do it better and do it now?

    1. Don't make the game an annual release
    2. Get a new dev team

    That's a start atleast.
  • bryta47 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    And the solution to these problems is...? Just do it better and do it now?

    1. Don't make the game an annual release
    2. Get a new dev team

    That's a start atleast.

    What's. Funny is they can make a better game 19 actually proved that they can ,but they choose to listen to the wrong people so until then we'll always have a bad game
  • Sega82mega
    1239 posts Member
    bryta47 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    And the solution to these problems is...? Just do it better and do it now?

    1. Don't make the game an annual release
    2. Get a new dev team

    That's a start atleast.

    1. Ooh, I dont know if im patient enough for that. But other then that, good idea, for them to get some more time.

    2. And what if it gets worst? Then what.. Another dev team? It takes time to build up something, they are on to something now, would be stupid to start all over.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    bryta47 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    And the solution to these problems is...? Just do it better and do it now?

    1. Don't make the game an annual release
    2. Get a new dev team

    That's a start atleast.

    What's. Funny is they can make a better game 19 actually proved that they can ,but they choose to listen to the wrong people so until then we'll always have a bad game

    EA NHL has been on a steady decline since - 15. They focus on arcade gameplay and quick fixes for a for an immature audience.

    Every year there is a little less hockey in their videogame.
  • VeNOM2099
    3154 posts Member
    bryta47 wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    And the solution to these problems is...? Just do it better and do it now?

    1. Don't make the game an annual release
    2. Get a new dev team

    That's a start atleast.

    What's. Funny is they can make a better game 19 actually proved that they can ,but they choose to listen to the wrong people so until then we'll always have a bad game

    EA NHL has been on a steady decline since - 15. They focus on arcade gameplay and quick fixes for a for an immature audience.

    Every year there is a little less hockey in their videogame.

    I don't think it's just ARCADE. I think it's more like EA has been stuck in Mr. Miyagi's Grape principle:

    "Either you do Hockey YES or you do Hockey NO. You do Hockey maybe guess so, pretty soon *SQUISH*... Just like Grape!"
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!