EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Gameplay

Replies

• smyth9779
    176 posts Member
    Definitely should be a cap on how much a player can go up in skill and overall. 99 overalls should be 86'ed from the game. Get rid of them. 99 anything should be eliminated for that matter. If you wanna keep the game unrealistic, at least out a cap on it 85 overall can max out at 95. 84 Max out at 94. 83 max at 93. Etc etc. And the ones who are 85 to 95 should be actual superstars or former superstars. I could live with that. Just stop the madness of 99 everything. Its absurd.
  • On another note this thread got me thinking about why the heck Gretzky has something like 96 speed. I’m guessing it’s to make sure he plays like a superstar and speed being one of the few attributes that really count they jacked his up. He’d be more of a 90ish to me with 99 (or more like a game breaking 110) agility.

In short, and I know it’s been bandied about on here but I’ll say it again... make attributes count more. It would make the game so much more immersive.
  • Sega82mega
    1238 posts Member
    NHL 21 is going to be the best hockey game in history, remember were you heard it first!
    People will have so little to complain about so they will start question if the color on the puck isnt suppose to be abit darker..

:smile:
  • just2sweeeeeeet
    120 posts Member
    edited June 12
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    NHL 21 is going to be the best hockey game in history, remember were you heard it first!
    People will have so little to complain about so they will start question if the color on the puck isnt suppose to be abit darker..

:smile:

Which is more or less what happened when the game was at its peak in NHL 11. The game was near perfect and online reviews reflected it. However people started losing their minds whining about the “curve” shot which was basically a wrist shot from a high percentage area that didn’t even work every time. Now there exist about 22 glitches that work at least as good if not better than that one shot. To make things even more mind boggling I’ve seen probably about 5% of the complaining about the current glitches now as I did about that shot.

There’s literally a glitch in this game where you hold your stick out to the side while skating across the goaltender and then shoot short side. I haven’t seen a single comment let alone thread about this, yet I remember about 1000 on the “curve” shot. People were getting battered 18-1 back then and I think that was pretty much the crux of it.
    Post edited by just2sweeeeeeet on

• The ai loves the tough passes.

Hitting with a grinder with 83 hitting is awesome!!!
  • Also on the note of game play, since this iteration of the game won't be changed for the rest of the year, I expect it all to be fixed for NHL 21. Clearly all this listening and time not adjusting minor details that would significantly help nhl 20 is going to be pooled into NHL 21. I'm sure poke checks, hitting, skating and manual goaltending is all going to be great. Can't wait!!!!
  • Sega82mega
    1238 posts Member
    Hehe you got to carry some hope to our coworker!

It always starts with a belief.. ;)
  • Also on the note of game play, since this iteration of the game won't be changed for the rest of the year, I expect it all to be fixed for NHL 21. Clearly all this listening and time not adjusting minor details that would significantly help nhl 20 is going to be pooled into NHL 21. I'm sure poke checks, hitting, skating and manual goaltending is all going to be great. Can't wait!!!!

I think they will fix all those issues for 21. It's gonna be awesome, for 2 weeks. Then the top players will complain it's too hard to score and EA will cater to them.
  • Sega82mega
    1238 posts Member
    edited June 13
    Naah man, until the opposite is proven im really gonna put my trust on this team till NHL21.

This years game is way to good to just throw it away. The list of problem begins to be manageable, some refinements here and there and then we are ready for take off. Its going to be easy for EA to know who they gonna listen to and which ones not.

Almost feels that I should be sorry for beein optimistic but I wont and im going to be really glad for all of you true hockey fans, if it turns out that next game is going to be thaa bomb digidi! :smiley:
  • I just wanna know why you guys made a game where the puck sometimes gets intercepted and sometimes doesn’t when there’s a defensive player directly in the passing lane.
  • I just wanna know why you guys made a game where the puck sometimes gets intercepted and sometimes doesn’t when there’s a defensive player directly in the passing lane.

I second that question...because I've said it before. And I'll say it again. Cross crease passes almost always get through to the other side. And almost.always go in of they get through.
  • smyth9779 wrote: »
    I just wanna know why you guys made a game where the puck sometimes gets intercepted and sometimes doesn’t when there’s a defensive player directly in the passing lane.

I second that question...because I've said it before. And I'll say it again. Cross crease passes almost always get through to the other side. And almost.always go in of they get through.

From what I've found it completely depends on if you're in a glide or not. By not moving you're definitely more prone to intercept it. It's kind of a silly mechanic.
  • And you can’t be pushing poke or using DSS
  • Holding L2
  • RSall14
    566 posts Member
    The Jan 30 patch brought back forcing, it wasn't this bad before that.
  • VeNOM2099
    3154 posts Member
    Also on the note of game play, since this iteration of the game won't be changed for the rest of the year, I expect it all to be fixed for NHL 21. Clearly all this listening and time not adjusting minor details that would significantly help nhl 20 is going to be pooled into NHL 21. I'm sure poke checks, hitting, skating and manual goaltending is all going to be great. Can't wait!!!!

You should've thrown up the sarcasm sign. Some people can't detect insincere sincerity. Here... Let me help you out;

0k7qap5dxl0h.jpg
  • You can be standing in one spot and it’s still extremely hit or miss. Besides that though the majority of 2 on 1s, actually I’d venture to say nearly 100% of 2 on 1s in the history of hockey have been broken up while skating backwards and/or sliding to the ice.
  • You can be standing in one spot and it’s still extremely hit or miss. Besides that though the majority of 2 on 1s, actually I’d venture to say nearly 100% of 2 on 1s in the history of hockey have been broken up while skating backwards and/or sliding to the ice.

Yeah but the difference is that the ones they break up aren't the rocket passes we see in these games. They're well weighted passes intended on having to be received by the other player on their team. You don't have to worry about that in this game. Just throw a bullet through to your buddy.
  • The only way to consistently intercept passes is with your skates. If you’re trying to intercept with the stick, the pass has to hit the blade dead on for it to be reliable. Otherwise you are at the AI’s mercy if it wants to do an animation or not. If your d man has bad defensive stats you better use those skates.
  • the worst decision in recent years has been a design change. scoreboard change. change font. the change is so drastic that it will overcome even the obvious effort to satisfy the players and make hockey at least a little better. when I play nhl 20 it is not bad but at the same time I often remember older years who everything was already good in the game and disappeared without explanation. and that's not good. It's the same as rambo 5 .... sly is already an old man and even though he definitely has a top condition, so he mainly lacks the magic of an unexpected experience.