EA Forums - Banner

AI tagging up for offside

BCKelpGod
posts New member
Let me set the scene:

I force a turnover in the neutral zone, but one of my players (an AI) is still in my opponent's zone and in the offsides position.

When I gain possession, the offside AI starts skating back to the blue line to get on-side. However, as I approach the blue line, the AI decides to stop tagging up to be onside.

It looks like the AI is stopping his backward path to "join the rush", but he's clearly offside. Is there anyway to fix this so that the AI can decide to tag up no matter what?

Replies

• BCKelpGod
    posts New member
    Let me set the scene:

I force a turnover in the neutral zone, but one of my players (an AI) is still in my opponent's zone and in the offsides position.

When I gain possession, the offside AI starts skating back to the blue line to get on-side. However, as I approach the blue line, the AI decides to stop tagging up to be onside.

It looks like the AI is stopping his backward path to "join the rush", but he's clearly offside. Is there anyway to fix this so that the AI can decide to tag up no matter what?
  • EA_Blueberry
    3918 posts EA Community Manager
    @BCKelpGod

We'll pass along the feedback to the team about what happens under these conditions. If you're able to let us know what game mode, strategy/line changes, difficulty setting, if sliders were used, and attach a video clip (not required but it helps!) it can help the team identify what's causing this to happen a little easier.

Thanks!
  • Nitro_Tech43
    10 posts New member
    [quote="BCKelpGod;d-258086"]Let me set the scene:

It looks like the AI is stopping his backward path to "join the rush", but he's clearly offside. Is there anyway to fix this so that the AI can decide to tag up no matter what?[/quote]

What I've been noticing too is alot of interference from the AI holding on to my players and preventing then from skating up the ice. No interference penalties.