EA Forums - Banner

What happens to coins at end of season?

y0uthX
54 posts Member
I’ve only been playing for 2 months and was curious, what happens to our player cards and coins when nhl20 ends and nhl21 is released? Is there some way to transfer our existing coins to nhl21 or at least transfer our coins?

Thanks

Replies

• y0uthX
    54 posts Member
    Typo - I meant to ask is there a way to transfer our CARDS or coins?
  • YZ19
    171 posts Member
    Nope
    They give rewards at the start of a new season, nobody ever knows what it will be... previous years it's been based on cards in your collection , games played, coins on your account, trophies earned... no one knows for sure until 21 drops
    I've had 500k coins and got 50k bonus to start next year... so basically get ready to start building your team all over again next year!!
  • YZ19
    171 posts Member
    They also just keep previous years going for a year or so, so people will still be playing 20 while 21 is rolling
  • I'm curious if there will be a NHL21. I'm betting EA refreshes the season maybe with a new feature or 2 but I'm not expecting new releases.
  • y0uthX
    54 posts Member
    Really? I just read a few new articles today that nhl21 will be compatible (via some sort of upgrade option) with the next-gen consoles