EA Forums - Banner

Rumour NHL 21 Delayed

Prev1
deadman9999
875 posts Member
edited May 2020

Just a Rumour till be get confirmation of the exact Release day which might be said at the EA event in june

Replies

• Sega82mega
    2270 posts Member
    If thats the case, I dont know what sources this came from, but if its true, I rather see them wait abit further and bring all focus on next gen.
  • If this is the case, my plan on skipping 21 has been provided with a huge roadblock lol.

I’ll wait and see for game modes, graphics, and use my EA access trial (if applicable) to test before a purchase. I spent so much time on 20 creating my league, that skipping 21 was more for my sanity and enjoyment rather than some proud stand against annual sports games haha.
  • Sega82mega
    2270 posts Member
    Hehe good luck to skip BF1.. I think I will go bananas when the first sneak of nhl21 on ps5 comes out.

But I can only imagine how much effort you propebly put down to your own League. Saw your work on the jerseys. Dedicated and nice done!
  • Maybe they still can't get that lacrosse goal to work right ..... aren't both consoles releasing in the beginning of November ,any case I wonder if it will be a full game
  • jmwalsh8888
    1184 posts Member
    best news ever. i can't wait for the day that they figure out annual releases are a bad idea.
  • RSall14
    586 posts Member
    If it ends up being 15 all over again these forums should be a good read.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Eh, if Q3 is supposed to be October 1 to December 31, then when's Q4?

What I'd like to know is, will there be one game for both platforms (old/new gen), or separate games for old and new gens, like the last switch from old to new?

This time it should be possible to have the game support both PS4 and PS5, unlike last generation switch?
    Post edited by Sgt_Kelso on
  • MikeyAU630
    284 posts Member
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Eh, if Q3 is supposed to be October 1 to December 31, then when's Q4?

Fiscal year, not calendar year. EA's fiscal Q3 is calendar Q4.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    Oh yeah, so why is it Q = quarter then? EA doesn't know how to count?

And why do they have Q4 in that table above? Are they talking about calendar or fiscal? :neutral:
  • MikeyAU630
    284 posts Member
    Its says FY21 (Fiscal Year 2021). Their fiscal Q4 is calendar Q1.
    More simply, their fiscal year 2021 runs from April 1, 2020 through March 31st, 2021.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    Well, that makes sense....

So does it mean it's a next gen release only, possibly with backwards compatibility?
  • EA_Blueberry
    3878 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, all.

This is just a heads up reminder that rumors are what they are, rumors. We do not have any further details or dates outside of what was mentioned over the latest quarter's results from the EA leadership team. Keep an eye on these forums and all other EA NHL sources for official updates.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Hehe good luck to skip BF1.. I think I will go bananas when the first sneak of nhl21 on ps5 comes out.

But I can only imagine how much effort you propebly put down to your own League. Saw your work on the jerseys. Dedicated and nice done!

Thanks man! Yeah, it’s going to be a tough call for sure...if I find one gameplay improvement to justify it like goalies deflections this year, then I’ll probably end up being a sucker lol.
  • Sega82mega
    2270 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Thanks man! Yeah, it’s going to be a tough call for sure...if I find one gameplay improvement to justify it like goalies deflections this year, then I’ll probably end up being a sucker lol.

In other words, I (probebly) see you in 21...hehe ;)
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Knowing this development team I have zero faith that NHL 21 will bring anything significant besides a graphic upgrade and a new mode to the table. Likely to see some kind of online franchise, new graphics, the Michigan, and one other minor thing. That’s not enough for most people. This game has glaring issues all around that starts at gameplay but also lack of depth in modes, presentation, rosters, graphics, etc.

NHL 22 and on could be interesting but we’ll see. Not pessimistic, just realistic
  • Knowing this development team I have zero faith that NHL 21 will bring anything significant besides a graphic upgrade and a new mode to the table. Likely to see some kind of online franchise, new graphics, the Michigan, and one other minor thing. That’s not enough for most people. This game has glaring issues all around that starts at gameplay but also lack of depth in modes, presentation, rosters, graphics, etc.

NHL 22 and on could be interesting but we’ll see. Not pessimistic, just realistic

Yeah and "The Michigan" will probably be game breaking for EASHL and work 95% of the time.
  • Froommey
    800 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    If this is the case, my plan on skipping 21 has been provided with a huge roadblock lol.

I’ll wait and see for game modes, graphics, and use my EA access trial (if applicable) to test before a purchase. I spent so much time on 20 creating my league, that skipping 21 was more for my sanity and enjoyment rather than some proud stand against annual sports games haha.

Whenever EA NHL 21 releases I will wait till i get it cheap from used. I create some hundred missing Players and do not see any reason to buy this game early or at the release date. I actual play with NHL 21 Roster. To dissapointed in the last titles. Other reason the much missing graphic details and a complete Roster from the AHL cause about this AHL waiver. So no reason for Franchise only Player to buy this game early. Finally I do not trust this developer Team anymore.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    456 posts Member
    After NHL 15 I have no choice BUT to wait and see with 21. Blue and Aljo have given me reassurances in the past and I do appreciate that, but I already gameshare because I don't see the value in the series (I don't play HUT and offline modes if I don't have to), so I'm a little torn.

Best case scenario is waiting for the Christmas sale or my birthday (end of January)