EA Forums - Banner

NHL HUT Rivals Divisions

Hi,

I'm just got promoted to Div4. I played Rivals against someone who's Div1 and I almost won with no effort. Just after that I played a Div5 team and struggled against it. Both team almost had the same lineup. I just don't get how the matchmaking is made, and how someone in Div5 can be better than someone in Div1.

Thanks,

Milo_ipkissQC

Replies

• smyth9779
    176 posts Member
    How do you know what division your opponent is in? Last I knew you have no clue who you are playing.
  • @smyth9779 I asked them by private message. Maybe it would be a nice feature for future NHL 21 Wishlist. @EA_Blueberry @EA_Roger @EA_Aljo @EA_David @EA_Cian
  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    It could be just because the Div 1 player was not playing well that day or just that you’re better than you think. The Div 5 player could be just ranked in the wrong division and don’t play enough to get his rank up. There’s many other scenarios that could explain that...
  • EA_Blueberry
    3881 posts EA Community Manager
    It could be just because the Div 1 player was not playing well that day or just that you’re better than you think. The Div 5 player could be just ranked in the wrong division and don’t play enough to get his rank up. There’s many other scenarios that could explain that...

Sounds more like this. There are times when my family or friends are chatting with me in the room which throws off my game. It's going to be skill based but everyone has their off days. Maybe the Div 5 player was having the game of their lives or had a friend take control of the sticks.
  • And how is the matchmaking done in Rivals? Is it same division against same division
    or team overall or anything else?
  • You get matched with somebody in your division, unless nobody is available, then they expend the search to players in other divisions. The longer it takes, the farther from your rank your opponent can be. Even if you wait long, you can still be matched with somebody close to you, but the range of the search is larger.